Looking at future routes for ride out.

Started by JohnH, October 13, 2013, 17:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim1544

Quote from: markandkaren on January 16, 2014, 14:37:18 PM
jjim, are you still waiting for the parts from last year or have you had another gremlin. time to get a honda!!  :) :)
i think i've just jinxed my bike and it will fall apart now.

mark
Hi Mark, no different problem, sorted out the voltage regulator and went out with Ian and Rick for a run on 13th December, all was well until on the return trip the Exhaust blew a gasket (header to exhaust left side) they were out of stock at the dealers, kept telling me delivery was "Imminent" now in BMW speak that must mean any time this year, as I pestered them up to the new year and still "Imminent" so chased up a couple of dealers in UK and found one with stock, it was posted on 6th, still no sign of it yet!!?? so praying for snow, so I dont feel too bad about being layed up *&" . glad you got you panel sorted.  regards, Jim
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

markandkaren

jjim, are you still waiting for the parts from last year or have you had another gremlin. time to get a honda!!  :) :)
i think i've just jinxed my bike and it will fall apart now.

i literally picked up a side panel this morning and put it on so back to a complete bike again.  hope to see you all again on the  monday ride outs..

mark

Cheese

Hi all,
Just like to let all you motorcycles out there about the service.
Well I have had my sv Suzuki serviced and repaired by Juan,
And just recently had my Harley serviced and new air filter fitted.
I must say nothing seems to be a problem at pepins in albox, very good service and the price in good.
Regards
Dave

Jim1544

Hi Mark, Yeh Castril is one of our favourite ride outs and always popular with any newcomers to the "Monday Club" rides.  Either via Negratin or via Oria, Cullar and then across country to Castril.  Look forward to seeing you in the near future, should have the parts for the repair to my BMW any day, can't wait to get back in the saddle.By the way, talking about parts, did you get a new side panel sorted for the Honda??  Cheers, Jim
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

markandkaren

Happy New Year to all.   i was up castillejar,/castril way on the bike last saturday. in castillejar there was a harley davidson themed bar which was quite reasonable on price( unless he added if up wrong!) castril was a beautiful town with  a reservoir and a dam nearby. it also had a campsite and a  casa rural.

http://www.altiplarural.com/casas-rurales/precio/ESP/-Granada/CASTRIL/30/Casas-Rurales-Cortijo-Cerro-Fuentes-Nuevas    

i didnt get to see it but the people i was with told me that is very good. defo worth a look in the spring/ summer and maybe "roadhogs" trip. hope to see you all  again soon.

mark

Cheese

Hi guys, I done that route in the summer,left albox at about 9 am,we via baza.what a long ride very beautiful scenery,got back home at 1 30 am,I will do the route again next summer but will stay overnight half way round,it's well worth the trip, my only advice is don't try doing it in one day.
Dave

Jim1544

Yes John, I spotted that route for an all day ride  out, it does look very rural out on those roads and that lake looks huge and it looks like the road runs along side it for quite some distance, have to be an early start or leave it till summer!!  Jim

JohnH

I've been on Google maps looking for future routes for the Monday Club. Has anyone ever taken the A-317 out of Velez Blanco up to Hornos. It's in the huge mountain range and Natural Park that runs behind Castril. Take a left at Hornos and follow the A-319 along the lakes, heading South through the mountains to Cazorla. Looks gorgeous on the maps. Not suggesting we do it this Monday, it's a very long route, probably an all day ride. Would be a good one for the future though.

John