MotorGP Jerez

Started by Colinandsue, September 07, 2013, 18:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billybantam

Quote from: markandkaren on February 05, 2014, 14:43:46 PM
Quote from: Colinandsue on February 04, 2014, 18:20:50 PM
Anyone going to the Motor GP on the 2/3/4 May that would be interested in riding down together drop me a message.

hi colin, i am a maybe. i went to valencia motogp camping last year and it was a good laugh. not a lot of sleep but a good laugh nevertheless. i will now start work on getting enough brownie points. i will keep you posted.  it might be an idea to open a new topic so its easier to see who's interested.

mark

============              =============                  ==============              ==============          =====
Just off topic guys can anyone tell me if it's worth bringing my FJR1300 down to Almeria to use when I am down there and possibly register it in Spain, I know it's hardly worth it with a car but would love my bike over there to use when over.   {quote}

hi billy bantam,  i brought over a uk bike and registered it here because i wanted this particular bike as it was a friends.it was a pain,so unless you're particularly attached to your fjr, i would just get one here.  i take it you will only be an occasional visitor. you have to do a lot of jumping through hoops and paying out to register a bike here. either that ride it down with with years t&t and enjoy!

mark

Thanks Mark, Probably 5-6 times a year so as you say maybe look for a runabout over there.
Thanks BB

markandkaren

Quote from: Colinandsue on February 04, 2014, 18:20:50 PM
Anyone going to the Motor GP on the 2/3/4 May that would be interested in riding down together drop me a message.

hi colin, i am a maybe. i went to valencia motogp camping last year and it was a good laugh. not a lot of sleep but a good laugh nevertheless. i will now start work on getting enough brownie points. i will keep you posted.  it might be an idea to open a new topic so its easier to see who's interested.

mark

============              =============                  ==============              ==============          =====
Just off topic guys can anyone tell me if it's worth bringing my FJR1300 down to Almeria to use when I am down there and possibly register it in Spain, I know it's hardly worth it with a car but would love my bike over there to use when over.   {quote}

hi billy bantam,  i brought over a uk bike and registered it here because i wanted this particular bike as it was a friends.it was a pain,so unless you're particularly attached to your fjr, i would just get one here.  i take it you will only be an occasional visitor. you have to do a lot of jumping through hoops and paying out to register a bike here. either that ride it down with with years t&t and enjoy!

mark

Billybantam

Thanks Guys for all your replies. BB sunrun

Tetley

Quote from: Billybantam on February 04, 2014, 21:39:11 PM
Quote from: Tetley on February 04, 2014, 21:20:29 PM
yes bikes got to be re moted uk ,( unless yev got an mot garage  ;D  )
Well that would be illegal Tetley  >:D, I take it Guardia can tell when the vehicle entered Spain so is there a max or min time it's allowed to stay over there assuming it's taxed etc. BB

Billy
as friend of min got knicked for wearing a seat belt........ 808 ,my youngsters at law school as an apprentice ,apparently the law is deffinatly an arse here  :o , ive had more pulls on spanish plates then i ever had on mi brit plates,and that was driving a 7  1/2 ton tipper  ;D
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Jim1544

Technically speaking you have 6 months as a non resident and then it MUST be imported and re registered, the cost of re registration can be quite steep, it all depends on the age and value of the bike, a "gestor" can sort it all out for you, it has to be examined by the ITV station in Lorca 30 miles away, headlight changed to a european  one, dipping the opposite way, then all you do is await the bill from the "Gestor" all the paperwork goes through Traffico office in Almeria city.  Basically it depends how much you love your biking!! and how deep your pockets are. :lol:
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

Billybantam

Quote from: Tetley on February 04, 2014, 21:20:29 PM
Well that would be illegal Tetley  >:D, I take it Guardia can tell when the vehicle entered Spain so is there a max or min time it's allowed to stay over there assuming it's taxed etc. BB

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Billybantam

Quote from: Tetley on February 04, 2014, 20:47:21 PM
Quote from: Billybantam on February 04, 2014, 20:32:28 PM
Just off topic guys can anyone tell me if it's worth bringing my FJR1300 down to Almeria to use when I am down there and possibly register it in Spain, I know it's hardly worth it with a car but would love my bike over there to use when over.
Thanks in advance for any advice BB
Billy
yer probably abought 600  800e to register it here ,if its say 10 years old,if you can get an ei certificate of conformity this will help, i think yer biggest pain might be insurance.
if yer non res and can tax & mot it i would keep it on brit plates and use it.

ive got some stuper bike stuff,but never bothered plate changing,instead i kept the bikes and bought an old sp reg gpx 600 wich to be honest is fast enough for me now plus its itv every 2 years,i keep the bike clean and its normaly just a light check,emmision check,sound check and brake check then ticket so no big deal,the insurance is 151 pa road tax is 50 pa.
somtimes i even get time to ride it  ;)
Thanks Tetley ,
If the bike has 12 tax and test would I need to get it back to UK after 12 months to have it done again as no tax without a current Mot etc as I assume you can't get an itv on a uk reg vehicle,
BB

Tetley

Quote from: Billybantam on February 04, 2014, 20:32:28 PM
Just off topic guys can anyone tell me if it's worth bringing my FJR1300 down to Almeria to use when I am down there and possibly register it in Spain, I know it's hardly worth it with a car but would love my bike over there to use when over.
Billy
yer probably abought 600  800e to register it here ,if its say 10 years old,if you can get an ei certificate of conformity this will help, i think yer biggest pain might be insurance.
if yer non res and can tax & mot it i would keep it on brit plates and use it.

ive got some stuper bike stuff,but never bothered plate changing,instead i kept the bikes and bought an old sp reg gpx 600 wich to be honest is fast enough for me now plus its itv every 2 years,i keep the bike clean and its normaly just a light check,emmision check,sound check and brake check then ticket so no big deal,the insurance is 151 pa road tax is 50 pa.
somtimes i even get time to ride it  ;)

Billybantam

Colinandsue

Camping accommodation also, its more fun....

Regards,

Colin.

Colinandsue

Don't under estimate that 125 Jim, its pretty nippy round those bends..... just wish I was there too.... only 9 weeks three days and I will be....  :(

Jim1544

Steve, when are you joining us for a Monday ride out ??? we promise not to "blow you into the weeds" on your 125, you younguns could probably show us oldies a thing or two, but when we stop for coffee, talk of AJS Norton and Matchless may confuse you a little!!!!!! :rofl: 10.30 am  every monday at Mora Oils petrol station.  regards, Jim( I can meet you in Almanzora 10.15 and ride in together)
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

Colinandsue

I'm not too worried about the bike it can be repaired and cleaned up..... it's you Steve....... you find it hard to stay on four wheels let a lone two........ :lol:

steveconway24

Ha ha.
Poor Colin, working away and then reading all this about his new bike!

Seriously, its getting delivered, in a van.   I promise I won't even start it up!

Even though Colin knows that I'm excellent off road!

markandkaren

hi colin, me and steve managed to t-cut the scrape. its now ready for its first serivce.... :)  only joking!!  nice bike. lucky barsteward!

regards,
mark

hunkychunk

Hi Colin,

Steve has entered it in the Paris -Dakar rally?
just to run it in for you.

Cheers Ian.

steveconway24

Don't worry Colin,
I'll give it a good test ride!

Colinandsue

I can't believe I am back in Somalia till December ....... and my new bike gets delivered to the house today, something not right with that......

Jim1544

Colinandsue

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately I only just arrived back in Spain yesterday so will not be able to make it tomorrow's however would be interested for next week. I am live in Albanchez is the meeting place at the garage near the bowling alley?
Do you have anything on for next weekend, Moto GP is on I think.
I will be looking to do Italy, Switzerland possibly Germany next year, so would be interested to meet anyone interested in this also.

Colin.
Mobile: 606571002

Jim1544

Hi Colin, You dont say where you are in Spain ? a small (4 to 6) group of ex pats meet every Monday at 10 am at the Meroil petrol station on the Arboleas Industrial estate on the main A 334.  We usually ride out, coast or mountains for about 4 to 5 hours and stop somewhere for a coffee and a bite to eat, age group from mid 40's to late 60's, couple of 650 's and other larger tourers, we also do the local Moto Concentrations which can be fun, usually Sundays those when they are on, Autumn and Spring, see the postings and pics on here for information, you are more than welcome to join us, great bunch of lads !!  regards, Jim

Colinandsue

Regards,

Colin