Almeria circuit

Started by ajp, February 03, 2014, 18:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajp

Hi all ,

Many thanks for all info .

AJP

GlynHuercal

The pro superbike test is being run at cartegena on the 6 to 11 of march, most of the BSB boys will be there, we will be testing our cev fireblade too.....pretty sure gates are open for the duration.
   Glyn

Tetley

Well Jim,i was gonna suggest meeting up and going for a looki looki there as im ready for half a day of this end,so it looks like i can carry on with mi ball ake ball joints on BM  808

;D

Thanks for the info Paul& Jim  :handshake
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Jim1544

Went down to the circuit this morning with 3M, we drove straight in as the gates were open, all the moto 2 and 3 team trucks lined up and bikes going round the track, we parked up and within 5 minutes this spanish guy drove up on a golf buggy he told us it was a private practise and told us to leave, he drove off after we had pleaded to let us stay, we wandered over to the lorries and he came back and threatened us with the Police, so that was that, ruddy jobsworth, wouldn't even take a bung !! :lol:
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

Jim1544

Quote from: 3M on February 04, 2014, 08:53:58 AM
The Moto2 and Moto3 teams are testing from Thursday this week
Yeh Paul, the KTM team artic was parked up away from the BMW mob, obviously acclimatising  to the southern Spanish weather before testing, see you tonight and we can fix up a visit.   Jim
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

3M

The Moto2 and Moto3 teams are testing from Thursday this week
Paul & Mette

Jim1544

Quote from: ajp on February 03, 2014, 18:05:49 PM
Hi ,

Can any one point me in the direction of how to find out when there are bike testing days by pro teams ?

Thanks in advance

AJP
Was down at Almeria circuit yesterday with a couple of the lads, BMW are running a series of events there through to middle of February, Loads of German bikers there, they were trying the R1200 RR race bikes around the circuit, great sound as they charged around behind BMW test riders and there was a twin seat model and Jurgen Fuchs was taking riders out on the pillion, we were on the balcony above the pits and as the two up bike came in he was doing a stoppie....the expression on those german lads faces was magic, He was also doing a start straight wheely, the full length of the start finish straight with them hanging on for grim death.  Its an organised thing, costs loads of dosh to join in, all meals,  Hotel, transport and bikes provided, even a helicopter ride!! We just rode in, no security, we were asked if the three bikes parked were ours, spose a Triumph, a Honda and a Kawasaki looked a bit out of place among all those german BMW's but no hassle, even the cafe was open for a coffee. I've heard a rumour that Rossi is to test there in February, dont know when, but security will be tight for that!   ......Jim

Tetley

head for Almeria down the motorway

turn off at the Sorbas turn off wich runs through to Tabernas head for Tabernas,befor you get into mini hollywood & tabernass you will see the circuit on the  right hand side.

its approx 80km from Arboleas

:tiphat:

As for testing,pop into bar Zambra in Turre ask for Mario,he is the Duk & BMW  tester and knows whats what.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

ajp

Hi ,

Can any one point me in the direction of how to find out when there are bike testing days by pro teams ?

Thanks in advance

AJP