Old Coviran/Charter

Started by Suej, April 10, 2014, 15:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old codger

Quote from: Karen4 on April 15, 2014, 16:55:21 PM
Quote from: MANCITYBAZ on April 10, 2014, 20:12:47 PM
:clap:Good news look forward to shopping there again, hope it lasts will not miss them grumpy girls on the till at Lidel pmt
I've never met a grumpy girl on a till at Lidl....they are all very pleasant and chatty!

Nor did I when I shopped there. Perhaps they just responded to your attitude/mood Mancitybaz. O.C.
My body is in the UK but I left my heart in Spain.

Sueandandyb

We always shop at zurgena as it's cheaper for a lot of things than lidl or mercadonna fresh meat also very good
& friendly staff.

CT

Could I endorse those comments and add I was served on the check-out on Friday by a charming lady whose name(according to the bill) was Paqui. She spoke good English and dashed off to look when one item did not show up on the computer.I wish them well and will certainly support them.

NormanM

MUCH better than before, lovely staff.  The quality of the meat counter is excellent, at least in my opinion as a UK qualified Meat Inspector!

They are very open to suggestions as to what to stock.  They seem to be doing a good job, but of course, they probably cannot compete with Mercadona on price.  Mostly, for me, I'm happy to pay the very small difference for the convenience.

My one concern (insofar as the running of the business is concerned) is what might happen to the Fruit and Veg department.  Until now, it has been good, but under the previous management, produce was left to decay until it was unsaleable.  If they get to understand the retail mantra that "the first loss is the best loss", that means effectively, if it is going past its best quality, reduce it to just above wholesale, and if it still does not sell, reduce it to damn near nothing.  At least you will get shot of it with no risk to your reputation, and at best, break even!

They deserve our support, IMHO.
From Normam

jazzyanne

My first visit there today and it is great. Clean shop with pleasant staff. So different to the one in Zurgena where I was very disappointed yesterday on my visit there,with less stock and not that pleasant staff!

John and Sue

It was open today when all others shut, well done, and they welcomed you as you went through the door. the shop is better than its ever been

John

annef

Well done and well said Amanda   :clap: :clap:

Amanda Oakley

I am not sure if users realise that the shop is a Franchise - I have spoken to Lola on a regular basis and she is open to feedback and in fact, grateful for any comments....... when the shop "deteriorated" before the closure, I had mentioned negative comments posted on the Fórum to her and she was genuinely upset that "customers" had not been giving feedback.......... she was also unaware of the Forum and the potential damage / benefit.
I spoke with her this evening and told her about the REALLY positive comments seen over the last few days and she was over the moon!!!
I have encouraged her to register and at least look at the comments but it would make sense for ALL OF THOSE using the supermarket to give feed back (good and bad).
Lola can speak a little English, so we should all be making the effort to ENCOURAGE and SUPPORT a business that must be an asset to the area and is a challenge that most readers, do not have to face!!!
Language barriers are a poor excuse if you are living in Spain.... so please show support
Her face this evening when I spoke to her about the positives on the Forum, made my day  :luv:     
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

Spanish Tangerine

I went past on the day it reopened and there was a sign saying under new management, it seems that it's still the same owners as before.
Hope they don't have a repeat of their last efforts !!!
Bobby

jabba the cat

Well i for one must give congratulations where do, nipped in and took 4 bottles of wine leaving none the other day and today when i called in they had been replaced please keep up the good work and lets support them has her indoors gave them the nod of approval on prices but then the penny pinches may have another opinion. :tiphat:

Karen4

Quote from: MANCITYBAZ on April 10, 2014, 20:12:47 PM
:clap:Good news look forward to shopping there again, hope it lasts will not miss them grumpy girls on the till at Lidel pmt
I've never met a grumpy girl on a till at Lidl....they are all very pleasant and chatty!
Cl3880

NormanM

Good to have it back.  Remember though - use it or lose it!
From Normam

johnhc

Have to agree with the other posts,  shop is immaculately clean with excellent range of goods,  including many English items but not at the premium prices the 'British' supermarkets in Albox charge. Staff very friendly and helpful.  Needs the butchers counter to open soon as lack of meat products will push people towards Lidle/Dia/Mercadonna. If they are a few euros more expensive than the others I will happily pay that for the convenience and courtesy.

MANCITYBAZ

Tetley

Genraly speaking i think the problem for any retail outlet is competing with Dia and Lidle,time will tel its a fair point abought fuel saving but certainly in hour house,we have one monkey day out a week ie were we climb around and get everything done and we shop on price both here and uk,Aldi in the uk a few years back had a few folks shopping,now every time were in there its stacked out and the bigger chains are loosing buisness.

hey ho spin the retail wheel   :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

sandy b

Went in there this morning and will certainly be going in again, especially when the meat counter opens (that will be soon I have been reliably informed)  We need to support our local shops otherwise they may close down again. Who cares if some of their items are a few cents dearer, at least you save on diesel or petrol.
Sandy

Karen4

I hope they do well, Lola had some problems before but is keen for the shop to succeed.
Cl3880

babs

Had a look in there today.  Shop lovely and clean and well stocked, fruit and veg looked lovely and fresh and the staff warm and friendly.  Will certainly be going there again.  Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Ches

All shelves fully stocked including fresh fruit & veg plus butcher´s counter opening shortly.  Several people enjoying free beer tasting this afternoon!

Suej

Would you believe Coviran again, looks pretty much the same inside except the shelves have stuff on them. I only wanted broccoli and didn't have time for a proper look round. Their second front door was also open and that is where they are having the free beer tasting, there is a bar set up in there like the ones you get at fiestas.

mercedes

Sorry if I've missed something - but what have they opened up as?

Suej

I have just been passed and they are open and for anyone within walking distance, they have a free beer tasting on at the moment :-)