Loss of ITV on FILMON

Started by BRUCER2004, September 18, 2014, 08:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phileas fogg

I have just tried and I have so much buffering on ITV. BBC is buffering now as well. I am lucky I have a 1.9 dish and humax box, I rarely use android now except on laptop to watch football, then again Buzzy sports buffers up, only on 6 meg hope when we get upgraded it will get better. perhaps upgrading for you might help.

oldbirchy

I have just tried and I can get ITV but not BBC.

Andy

BRUCER2004

Thanks Andy for your help I will try unplugging and rebooting and testing for speed, as I said it is only ITV that is affected can receive BBC fine

Regards
Bruce

oldbirchy

Also forgot to mention that if its only ITV that doesn't work, it is not your TV or your internet provider that is causing the problem!

Regards Andy

oldbirchy

In the early days of internet TV we all suffered from slow/intermittent broadband and this caused problems with live TV on android and smart TVs. The local isps stepped up to the mark and have improved the service dramatically. Hats off to them! This has now led us to identify that live stream providers such as filmon have problems of their own and pressure on their servers is causing buffering and total loss at times. But remember that it is coming all the way from Kansas as it is wrong to assume that any problems are happening in the last few kilometres!  Personally I seldom watch live TV but prefer on demand TV and movies for which internet TV is at its best.
Having said that, I know android inside out but smart TV operating systems differ by manufacturer and most are proprietary so no fits all solution. Just a couple of things that may be obvious. Quit the site and go back in again. Run a speed test through the TV browser. Thirdly, all computers get their knickers in a twist every now and again and this also applies to the one in your smart TV. So unplug it from the wall and wait a minute or two before plugging back in again. Just using standby on the remote does not  do this.
Hope this helps.
Regards Andy

BRUCER2004

I am experiencing a problem with loss of ITV on FILMON ,I am on ALBOX ON LINE through a smart tv. A neighbour is having the same difficulty but is on Rednet ,but I'm sure it is not the provider.
Is any body else having the same problem and is there a solution