La Vida Cucador

Started by fidgetmidget, August 12, 2015, 08:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorraine

We recently ate at La Vida with our neighbours. Unfortunately it was a very plain disappointing meal. Dessert at the Bowling Alley was brilliant though!! :)

arty choke

Mooshca,I don't think for one minute you are hiding behind innuendos and avatars,merely just wondering,as would many of us faced with an unhygenic restaurant experience.
I had an appalling meal at La Vida,which I won't go into on here,but suffice to say I will not return.

jonno

Mooshca
I think u will find that all bars dealing with food are required by law to send their staff on hygiene courses. If u know for a fact that certain bars do not do this I would suggest u notify the authorities rather than hiding behind innuendo and avatar - "interesting" or otherwise

mooshca

When a bar come restaurant States 'Home made desserts" I often wonder if the hygiene rules applies here like in the UK. Kitchens are regularly inspected by officials are they here? I know of a well known bar in Mojacar sends their kitchen staff on courses which cover hygiene etc but do these local bars do this , would be interesting to know

fidgetmidget

You are right CT they probably will, just like I myself did 4 weeks ago, but there is no excuse for mouldy food I don't care what anyone says.
FM
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

CT

And in a minute someone else will be along to say they went there recently and had a wonderful meal (I have never been there so am neither criticising nor defending the place).

fidgetmidget

I can't believe that some 4 weeks ago I was singing the praises if the new staff, chef and food at La Vida?
Last night we took our son and daughter in law and two young children for a meal before they leave to go home. Now bearing in mind it was Tuesday night, 6.30pm, it took eons to get our food, it took even longer to get deserts, once the dinner plates were removed, there were several items not available on the menu, we were the only people in the restaurant. When the desert arrived, I got tucked in to my lemon meringue and half way through it my son asked me, what is that green stuff on the side of your meringue? When I looked it was a ball of mould covered in fur!!! Everyone ditched their deserts, well you would wouldn't you? I took my dish back to the waitress who said, oh, oh, oh and disappeared with the dish.  She came back to the table moments later, said oh sorry about that, we have look at the rest of it and it looks ok so can I get you another piece???? What seriously?
Suffice it to say they didn't charge for the mouldy meringue and their attempt at improving La Vida was short lived, I don't want to sit somewhere and have to inspect my food before I begin to eat. For those who do not know me, my name is Bev  and I live in Los Hig and I am not attempting to hide behind my user name.
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com