Ryanair

Started by rt21, August 28, 2015, 12:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freewheelin Franklin

I used to love waiting till everyone else had boarded, then make the arrogant twats who put their stuff on the middle seat of the three pack it all up again.

If they get the hump, I get up half a dozen times and go and see my wife, ( or shout at her if she is close enough )

Good way to pass a couple of hours

Lynne

Quote from: Tetley on August 31, 2015, 10:44:30 AM
Jamin,i always fly Ryan air ive tried diffrent airlines,but you just dont get the" people punter performance" with other airlines..... ;D

the best crack i like is........playing gues the gate..... ie yer stand at a gate abought 20 mins,befor the gate numbers put up  8)  on the board,coz yer can see a RA plane through the gate window ,everybody ques behind yer   :handshake ,then yer disapear 5 mins befor gate time............. and head for the correct gate.  :o

luv it  :)

You little b***er...!   >:D >:D
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

rt21

Quote from: Tetley on August 31, 2015, 10:44:30 AM
Jamin,i always fly Ryan air ive tried diffrent airlines,but you just dont get the" people punter performance" with other airlines..... ;D

the best crack i like is........playing gues the gate..... ie yer stand at a gate abought 20 mins,befor the gate numbers put up  8)  on the board,coz yer can see a RA plane through the gate window ,everybody ques behind yer   :handshake ,then yer disapear 5 mins befor gate time............. and head for the correct gate.  :o

An even better one, Steve, is the one that used to occur at Alicante airport. The board would display the gate number for the East Midlands Ryanair flight and everyone would duly rush to queue at that gate number. Those at the front of the queue usually had very smug expressions on their faces. However, all was not lost for those late stragglers because about 20 minutes later the board would change and display a different gate number for that flight. You could tell something was amiss because gradually the queue would thin out at the back as the stragglers became aware of the change and made their way to the front of the queue at the new gate. Unfortunately the last passengers to become aware of the change were those at the front, who were left fuming.

I got wise to this and used to leave Margaret in the queue whilst I lingered around the board waiting for the inevitable change in the gate number. I used to have a head start on those that were not aware of this regular misinformation on gate numbers

However, times have now changed and my wife has persuaded me to prebook our seats, which means I don't have to run around looking for the gate number and I can take a leisurely walk over to the gate just before it is due to open. How I look back with fondness on the good old days with Ryanair.

:tiphat:

Richard

webejamin

Shorts, dark socks and sandals for men, and big arsed black tights for ladies :o Ryanair standard attire ;D and Godelpusansavus if you get to sit by the fat bloke :o Notice the silence when the fat bloke starts to squeeze along the aisle and there's just a few empty seats :o     

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Karen4

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: We're both on the floor laughing at this!
Cl3880

Tetley

BA, nice ,but one does look a barmy bxgger in a shell suit  8) ,were as mi white slacks,gold shoes & brief case on a Ryan flight......... i always just blend in... :rofl:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

We were asked to move seats because a mother wanted to sit with her child, we agreed. We walked from 2 back seats with a window, to near the front, passing a woman with a girl bigger than her. The seats they left were together, but aisle seats, one in front of the other :o I done me nut, but was told to leave it as we were taking off >:( They did give us a free drink, but I told em I'd been had over and won't be using Ryanair again, were they bovered?
At the end of the day, you can fly BA just as cheap at times, not the £20 touches, but those flight are OK if You're on your tod with a newspaper under your arm, which I never am. :tiphat:     

Tetley

webejamin

With all the info the airline have, you would think that they could get it right before the booking in process started. It's not like they have no idea who's flying with them today, is it!!
I have flown on Ryanair in the past, but wouldn't now unless it was the last resort. :tiphat:

rt21

Quote from: swithin on August 30, 2015, 17:08:06 PM
It does not matter what the ryanair site says, the aviation authority rules are the governing body.

Having just looked at the CAA web page Swithin, I am left wondering whether the information on the seating of infants is an actual rule or just guidance. It uses the word "should" rather the word "must" and of course there is a big difference between the two words in terms of obligation.

Quote from CAA Website
"the seating of children close by their parents or guardians should be the aim of airline seat allocation procedures for family groups and large parties of children.

Young children and infants who are accompanied by adults, should ideally be seated in the same seat row as the adult. Children and accompanying adults should not be separated by more than one aisle. Where this is not possible, children should be separated by no more than one seat row from accompanying adults. This is because the speed of an emergency evacuation may be affected by adults trying to reach their children.

Whenever a number of infants and children are travelling together the airline should make every effort to ensure that they can be readily supervised by the responsible accompanying adults."

Richard

swithin

It does not matter what the ryanair site says, the aviation authority rules are the governing body.

patsy

Why should we pay extra for where we sit after all we have paid the fare to travel on the aircraft. when we book our ticket we should be able to choose on whats available as to where we sit

Tetley

Quote from: Karen4 on August 30, 2015, 10:27:23 AM
:lol: :lol: Those at the back in a crash tend to have far better survival rates than those at the front.....might be the extra padding!!

That why il be eating mi  pringles ,window seat,over wing,kepping an eye on the old parrafin burners  :lol:

Karen4

:lol: :lol: Those at the back in a crash tend to have far better survival rates than those at the front.....might be the extra padding!!
Cl3880

Tetley

Quote from: steve.p on August 30, 2015, 08:26:34 AM
Since the consumption of fuel is directly related to mass, then to be fair, all transport should charge by the kilo being asked to be moved.  :drinks:

Well said , also seat the fattys  at the back as well and leave room for the kids at the front to sit with  mum  :o

( plus bi time the trolley get to the back..... it should be out of pringles and all the heart attack stuff so back seating will make for a less expensive more healthy flight  :clap: )    ;)

morning Flyers  ;D

and of coarse....... its safer to sit at the back in any aircfaft.......as they never reverse into anything   8)

or for anybody who likes a bit more leg room..... why not buy a plane !  :king:

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/BOEING-737-500/1991-BOEING-737-500/1352531.htm

hank

When we all book our flights we cannot conclude the booking without ticking the box....... 'I have read the terms and conditions'.
These will have explained her (the mother) position from outset.
If she read them, ticked the box and proceeded without reserving seats.....it's her fault.
If she didn't read them, ticked the box, and proceeded without reserving seats.....it's her fault.
Always assuming that she made the reservation.
However, if someone else made the reservation on her behalf....it's really still her fault for not checking her and her childrens' position immediately and making any necessary changes asap.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

Jo-JoB

When you book a ticket with any transportation carrier, be it a taxi, bus, train, ship or an airline, you enter into a contract with that carrier, the rules are a combination of law and regulations of the carrier.
No one forces you to use Ryanair it is your choice. So when you book your ticket, you understand the terms and conditions attached to that ticket, if at a later date you chose to alter or change those terms or complain that you didn't understand them, then the contact is invalid, so you either lose the ticket or pay a penalty, that is how a contract works.

The parent has responsibility to the child, themselves and the contract, bleating and moaning at a later date does not alter the fact that the parent has made a bad decision, this problem is the parents fault not the airlines. She had the same opportunity as everyone else on the flight to book seats together, she decided against it to save herself a few quid.

It is her problem!!

Only you can make decisions about your life. However expect that only you must deal with the consequences of those decisions.

steve.p

Since the consumption of fuel is directly related to mass, then to be fair, all transport should charge by the kilo being asked to be moved.  :drinks:

nibbler

As children over 2 yrs. have to use a seat and not sit on a parents lap, why should a company charge less. The same could be said for very small and very large adults.
Nibbler :tiphat:

6.57 Crew

Quote from: DaveM link=topic=100733.msg545951#msg545951 date=14408
Under 2 year olds have to sit on a parents knee, thus, not taking up a seat.
/quote]

And did you know under 2 year olds have to pay to fly on Ryanair
Can't remember the exact price but it is fixed no matter what the adult price is
My daughter has flown with Ryanair with my two year old grand daughter on her knee.
It has cost my grand daughter more than my daughter for the trip

guest17313

Jonno,
I suppose looking at it from a business point of view, the plane has maybe 200 seats.....if there were 50 adults and the other 150 seats with half price children, then all flight costs would have to increase.
So it is understandable. Under 2 year olds have to sit on a parents knee, thus, not taking up a seat.

jonno

I think u will find that ALL airlines charge full price for passengers aged over 2. Right or wrong thats the way of the world

guest17313

Copied and pasted from Ryanair's F.A.Q. page regarding booking and travelling with children.

Travelling with children

Q... Will families be split up if they do not wish to pay for allocated seating?

A... We will endeavour to seat families together however this will not always be possible. If you want to be guaranteed seats together we recommend that seats are purchased.
If you chose not to select and purchase a seat and have been allocated seats which are not together please contact our call centre so that we may try to assist you, alternatively click here to chat with an agent. (online chat line)
Please note: that children under 16 cannot be seated in emergency exit seats in rows 1, 16,17.

From this, my interpretation of a child travelling with Ryanair and reading their other rules, there is no mention that the child has to sit with the Parent / Guardian but has to be on the same flight as an 'adult' aged 16 years or over..
I have also read on the forum that a child from the age of 2 years has to pay the full adult price, this I found hard to believe, however, I did a little research and this is correct.
Over 2 years old and pay full adult price, this cost does have a child tax discount.....(more research needed) on a child flight cost of just over 400€ there is a discount of just over 17€ (4% discount).
Have to say on this point that Ryanair needs to be a little more 'Family Friendly'.
Dave

bomagdrink

Quote from: zilnor on August 28, 2015, 22:10:02 PM
Pagan,  well behaved children are one of the joys of life. Unruly , undisciplined  and out of control children are an absolute nightmare.   :head
children are like farts ... You can just about tolerate your own .

nibbler

The big probelm today is that no one takes responsibility for their own actions and always want to blame someone else.
Nibbler :tiphat:

hurlez

I assume rightly or wrongly that this mother was late booking in at the airport.
If the above is true what can the airline do when all the seats have been allocated.
We all have a duty of care but in today's world it seems that this is forgotten and we all blame someone else for our predicament.

shadowguard

If it is a 'rule' that a parent must sit with their toddler then quite frankly there is an error in Ryan Air's system and they should change the online system. After all when you buy your tickets all the birth dates are in the system so how hard can it be to program it to ensure it is flagged up and ensures seating is together?

I should imagine this issue happens a lot ... so sort out the problem Ryan Air! It's all a bit 'Irish'  :rofl: (PC brigade ****** off!)

byrney

A Budget airline is a "Budget airline".

The reason it is a "Budget airline" is that it does everything on the cheap, which is why it IS cheap, and why those of us using them are fully aware of the "rules", hidden or not, and we actually DO have a choice.

If you don't like 'em get yerselves onto BA Club/Business Class and enjoy the full two and a bit hours of your life free of incumbrances....

Must admit, though, I was taken aback by kittycat who says that a 3 year old is treated as an adult and has to pay full adult price?  Surely that's not right?

pannica

Quote from: sparkiemike on August 28, 2015, 14:30:28 PM
:wave

lots of people try to cut costs & do it on the cheap when it comes to booking air travel

Well you get what you do or don't pay for

paying for seats isn't a fortune & as in this case it's bitten this lady up the ar*e when she didn't

She should have been told to shut up or get off

got no sympathy when people play the emotional blackmail card

"O my poor little child sitting all on her own next to a nasty stranger"

She should have thought about that when booking her tickets.

What about the people who did pay for reserved seats, they've been inconvenienced by this selfish woman

:head :head :head

rant over

have a nice day one & all

mike

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
greetings highlander

guest17313

Whilst I can sympathy's to some degree with the parent and reading the previous comments, as I understand it Ryanair have a pre book seats at a cost.
Anybody who does not pre book seats are basically allocated seats.
This is now only 7 days prior to flying and people making joint bookings have to check in online as soon as possible.
This check in system is, I believe, fully automated and seats are issued basically, by a computer.
If there are no seats next to each other when you check in, then random 'odd' seats are all that's left.
I have used Ryanair for many years and always check in as soon as the system will allow, so far we have been lucky enough to sit together.
Dave

kittycat

My daughter had the same problem, how on earth can you expect a 3 year old to sit away from their mother, when ryanair can cleary see the age of the child during the booking process to then allocate seating not together, and saying they should actually pay more again to esnsure they sit together is a damm right cheek, as they have already paid full adult price for the child. Have a heart!!!!!!

Tetley

At least in the UK ....  you feel part of bring ing kids up.......ie paying for the bennys to fund some of em along wi mam & dads ciggs  ;D

Lorraine

Unruly children usually have unruly parents!!

pagan

Patience is a virtue. I was young once!