Albox has a new Mayoress and the opposition is revolting

Started by Maura, March 09, 2016, 13:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maura

Hi,
The town hall posted the following information regarding the trees and the Rambla.....

PLANTING OF TREES IN THE RAMBLA: The holes that were made some weeks ago have been filled in to avoid any accidents whilst we are working with the Department of the Environment to select new species which can be planted instead of those originally planned at the request of the Junta de Andalucia for environmental reasons. The security of our residents is well worth this action and this explanation. Our doors are open to explain any doubts, so we cannot understand why there has been so much misinformation about this issue. Thank you for your understanding residents.

Cruzcampo

If you haven't been to Albox recently a few years ago they built a great big trench where the Rambla runs through the middle of the town to take the storm water.
The trees were being planted on the flat bit above the trench.Workmen spent weeks marking out,digging holes and putting in an irrigation system in place,now all that is left are strips of piping sticking out the ground and a big pile of rubble at one end.It doesn't make sense to me unless there are better things in the pipeline?

ColinC

Quote from: Cruzcampo on March 10, 2016, 16:46:39 PM

I think this is great news for Albox.I am sure Sonia will do a much better job than the previous Mayor who only seemed interested in looking after number one.
It will be nice to see some of these projects finished such as the sports centre etc
It is a bit worrying that a bulldozer has filled all the holes in the Rambla where the trees were being planted,is there something else happening now?
Why would they plant trees in the Rambla? Surely they would be washed away at the next big storm?

Cruzcampo

I think this is great news for Albox.I am sure Sonia will do a much better job than the previous Mayor who only seemed interested in looking after number one.
It will be nice to see some of these projects finished such as the sports centre etc
It is a bit worrying that a bulldozer has filled all the holes in the Rambla where the trees were being planted,is there something else happening now?