Swimming pool heating

Started by swithin, March 15, 2016, 20:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trebmal

I've just had a 8.5kw heat pump fitted, cop of 6 so shouldn't cost much to run as it obtains its heat from the air humidity. Extends the swim season.

I've also bought a pool pump regulator to sloe the pump speed down (also saving electric) soon to be fitted

Elgin

We have a solar heating system for the pool.  It uses 3 panels of 20 evacuated tubes.  I have no idea how much it costs to run but not much (small amount of electricity to run a central heating type pump and occasional use of a larger pump to pump heated water into the pool.  The system came from the UK (seller has now disappeared) and cost about £2,700.  It was installed when the pool was built so I have no figure for installation costs.

If using a pool heating system it is important to cover the pool with a "summer cover" (like heavy duty bubble wrap).  This reduces evaporation which keeps the water warm and saves on water loss.  It also reduces the amount of chlorine and other chemicals you need.  However, the cover needs to come off from time to time so that the sunlight breaks down some of the chemicals.

swithin

Has anyone had pool heating installed? What did you have & how much does it cost to run?