Arboleas Punto Limpio

Started by Roger, June 22, 2016, 12:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owdoggy

Quote from: Roger on June 23, 2016, 17:58:41 PM
First of all, the income will hopefully cover the cost of running the facility.
Legally we cannot subsidise it so we will have to see how it works.

Putting the cost on an increase of IBI is illegal, and would cause an uproar with the Spanish who have hosues in the vilalge but no land, and who already pay more IBI and never use the tip.

Ah, thanks for that Roger.
Sometimes I think we just assume it's a lot easier than it actually is here ....... "Brit mode" if you like........and that is why I think we are lucky to have the present council.

Doggy

Roger

First of all, the income will hopefully cover the cost of running the facility.
Legally we cannot subsidise it so we will have to see how it works.

Putting the cost on an increase of IBI is illegal, and would cause an uproar with the Spanish who have hosues in the vilalge but no land, and who already pay more IBI and never use the tip.

owdoggy

I think the council do a great job but I think they've missed a trick here. Surely an increase in IBI should cover the cost of running the punto limpio so residents of Arboleas can use it free of charge at the time (with proof of I.D.) and anyone else gets charged. That way there will be a guaranteed minimum sum of money each year.

Doggy

Tetley

Fing is,if yer staff it yer gonna be 15k wages per person plus the NI payments so its going to have to turn some coin with a couple of staff plus lecky,water,public L insurence.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

Rog
will local residents still be able to" SEAGULL " on the new tip,ie if yer want a bit of old pallet or an MDF wardrobe door for a little job,yer can just pop up for it,as per it is now with the old tip  ?

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Roger

Arboleas Punto Limpio

The Arboleas refuse collection site is due to open at the beginning of July.
This facility was built by the Junta Department of the Environment in order to end the illegal dumping on the existing site.
Arboleas Council is responsible for the operation of the site, and for the financial costs.

Of course we understand that with an end of free dumping a few people will fly tip. This is a world wide problem and can only be prevented by public vigilance.

Full details of how the site will operate initially are on the following link
www.arboleaslive.com
https://www.facebook.com/arboleas.puntolimpio?fref=ts