NEW BAR

Started by cougar, July 11, 2016, 11:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve and Liz

Loved it.. we have now been several times and I love the courtyard and the general feel of the place. Staff were great and the menu  of tapas lovely. Really presented well and I loved the wine. Good luck to all of them..we shall be back and I recommend this to anyone... and its walking distance..xxx.P.S..a friend of mine said he had never seen such clean toilets..!!!  xxx.good luck to them.

Pickaxe

just one of these day a new venture will open and we will have no moaning about any thing,
always seems to some that as a moan .p/s been to the bar and drank out of the bottle, just like the spanish

casablanca

Quote from: bobancarol on July 13, 2016, 17:13:42 PM
Quote from: casablanca on July 13, 2016, 17:03:02 PM
Quote from: Lynne on July 13, 2016, 13:59:22 PM
Yuk, one of the more disgusting recent habits of modern time.  Obviously dragged up with no manners and think it's clever to drink straight from a bottle.  It's like some men/lads wearing a hat/cap indoors - where are their manners?

Don't know about that cuz as a kid, late forties early fifties, I always drank out of the bottle (pop that is) as did everyone else I knew at the time. Used to wipe round the top of the bottle with your sleeve before you passed it to your mate for a "swig". Perhaps in those days it was acceptable and not viewed as bad manners?
Think the glasses only came out of the cabinet at Christmas along with the China cups :-).

China cups - you were lucky!  :lol:

Not showing off it was only because we lived in Stoke on Trent and everyone worked in the Potteries (one piece a day in my Dad's jacket pocket and we had a full tea service after a month  :lol: happy days :lol:

Jedslam

Good mix of English and Spanish in last night.  Large Spanish table were having a lot of Tapas, served with white sliced bread........must be their thing.

:grin:

Chilieagle

Hello ,goodmorning,

We went yesterday another time to the New bar "El Cortigo Andaluz ", very nice and friendly people, nice cold drinks in a clean glass, and nice tapas;
We surtenly go back .
Also inside its very cosy to sit with friends to eat and drink something :lol:

Staff :  GO ON
We like your place!!

:sun:

byrney

We visited this morning for coffee and tostado.

A lovely little bar with an outside terrace and we were served with a smile.  Let's hope it doesn't ger ruined by moaning ex-pats.

Chilieagle

Very agree !!!! christal2

Go to eat or drink something and the only thing you have to do is ENJOY  :clap:

Crystal2

Went for tapas and drinks with friends today.   Lovely atmosphere... Friendly smiling young staff .  They deserve to succeed.

webejamin

No matter how small the chance of getting Weils disease I aint gonna chance it. I knew a bloke that got and it aint nice. Ok we can all catch summink somewhere, but I don't drink from a can or bottle unless I have no choice.
Spose I could opt for not drinking it ??? but, but, er there are limits you know :whistle:  
Come to think of it, I've never not been offered a glass in a bar, ever. ???

zilnor

I don't care how small the chance is of catching  something nasty from a rat, I have never drunk out of a bottle or can. A glass is more civilised and grown up ! Seriously, no doubt if we went into the kitchens of some bars and restaurants we would not be happy with the hygiene standards !  Best we don't know.

phileas fogg

Hogs, This stems from a lady in USA many many years ago who took the ACC, American canning corporation to task over hygene of storing cans with drinks in them. The Lady in question had a cleaning disorder where one flannel was used for different parts of her body and she used to change her clothing a few times a day. It was found that only a few rats had leptospirosis indeed this is still so today and cans once steam cleaned and filled are wrapped in film for onward delivery. It was found that cups and saucers in café left out over night had more cockroaches on them than that of rats with urine infections. I agree that hygene is very important when dealing with food and drink, but me I learnt to kiss by drinking coke out of a bottle as a teenager and today I still drink out of a can, remember I have once kissed Jucy Lucy whilst under the influence and my lips never blistered.

jabba the cat

Its only being polite to ask if you would like a glass with your bottled beer i dont see what the problem is and judging by the comments now its not about the bar.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          It now moved on to whether you get a glass with your bottled beer in restaurants or bars quite simple really. :thumbsup:

Val Keith

Totally agree Luke.

luke

for those of you who are moaning about asking for a glass,give people a chance in a new business for heaven sake.

hayes

We went yesterday afternoon, lovely bar and excellent drinks, will go again.

jabba the cat

Well in the years we have been here most times we were either asked if we want a Glass or Vaso or not mainly for the wife me well Im bit to old to be Hip and i suppose things have moved on outside Arbi land.:thumbsup:

Chilieagle

Thanks!!!!!!

Angleseyite

Went there the other day. Had nice tapas and beer (with a glass), as Chillieagle says ask if they don't offer you one, it isn't a problem and they are only too happy to oblige. I will be going back as it is a nice Spanish bar.  :tiphat:

Lynne

Yes, as kids maybe, but not supposedly grown ups, it just makes me shudder!
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Chilieagle

dear people,

:sun:the owners still makes time to be all plain !!!
If you want a glass, you might just want to ask?
it is a Spanish bar so if you live here you know anyway habits (which should anyway)
Please people, do not always sit on anyone hood

bobancarol

Quote from: casablanca on July 13, 2016, 17:03:02 PM
Yuk, one of the more disgusting recent habits of modern time.  Obviously dragged up with no manners and think it's clever to drink straight from a bottle.  It's like some men/lads wearing a hat/cap indoors - where are their manners?

Don't know about that cuz as a kid, late forties early fifties, I always drank out of the bottle (pop that is) as did everyone else I knew at the time. Used to wipe round the top of the bottle with your sleeve before you passed it to your mate for a "swig". Perhaps in those days it was acceptable and not viewed as bad manners?
Think the glasses only came out of the cabinet at Christmas along with the China cups :-).

China cups - you were lucky!  :lol:

casablanca

Lynne

Yuk, one of the more disgusting recent habits of modern time.  Obviously dragged up with no manners and think it's clever to drink straight from a bottle.  It's like some men/lads wearing a hat/cap indoors - where are their manners?   :redcard: :redcard:
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

nibbler

That happens in a lot of Spanish bars Rod, the reason being the beer stays cooler in the bottle.
I went to the bar today and it's really lovely. :clap:
Nibbler :tiphat:

Rod

I find that I have to ask for a glass, seems a designer thing to drink from the bottle, cool maybe?

jabba the cat

yes lovely location out the back but we saw a couple ask for 2 bottles of Alhambra no problems there but no glasses were forth comming so they had to ask whether he expected them to drink from the bottle who knows.
It would appear that they have no experience in the trade but hey give them time as it can only get better we hope. :thumbsup:

NorrieM

Lovely location, friendly staff........but, had to ask for my hame and cheese platter 3 times, my wife's hamburger consisted of a lump of not very pleasant pork between two slices of white UK style bread.  Lots to learn, I'm afraid.

minettjean

We also find it very pleasant..just one disappointment..i ordered a tostada and got a slice of bread with tomatoe on instead of a barra..no oil..salt etc..no knife to cut it.I was quite diappointed to say it is a spanish owned bar.

cgmaywood

Yes very pleasant will definitely go again

Chrissy

dd4

Its called Cortijo Andaluz. Very pleasant courtyard with shade and very friendly staff. tapas from 2pm

sallyb

Yes they do we will certainly be going again.
Phyll

glenholt

Do they do tapas ?

terina

Went today, so Spanish , with plenty of shaded area in an old house, really nice

Boo bear

:rant:yes lovely bar great atmosphere
😉

Jedslam

Agree Luke, it is a lovely bar with a good atmosphere.......great outside space.