Philips Led Light Bulb Bayonet cap

Started by rt21, February 02, 2017, 10:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt21

Just thought I would give you an update.

Having read RedEyes' comments about LED bulbs I searched the internet for further information and I couldn't understand why Ryanair had informed me that they were on a list of prohibited items. This is not the case with some other airlines.

Anyway I decided to take the risk and include them in my hand luggage. There was no problem going through airport security. So problem solved.

Many thanks once again for all your help

Richard

RedEyes

Quote from: rt21 on February 03, 2017, 15:35:48 PM
Unfortunately Mick low energy lightbulbs are on the list of banned products in hand luggage on Ryanair flights. (Although ordinary lightbulbs are not)

That's because they contain small amounts of mercury.  However, there's no mecury (or any other nasty substance) in LED lamps, so there is no reason to ban them.

rt21

Many thanks to you all for your responses which I am going to look into further.  :clap:

If I do draw a blank on the leads that I have been given Malcolm then I would love to take you up on your kind offer.

Unfortunately Mick low energy lightbulbs are on the list of banned products in hand luggage on Ryanair flights. (Although ordinary lightbulbs are not)

Thanks once again everyone

Richard

Lorraine

Might be wrong but I think Ikea do both types

mickmatthews

Why can't you take it in your hand luggage ? I've brought many different light bulbs over in hand luggage.

Malcolm

Not LED  but I'll give you a low energy one if you like.

guest4538

Quote from: rt21 on February 02, 2017, 10:48:36 AM
I need a Philips LED Light Bulb Bayonet Cap to fit an outside lantern. Unfortunately I cannot take one in my hand luggage at the weekend and was wondering whether anyone can advise me whether this type of bulb is easy to buy over there.
Many thanks
Richard

You could simply get some converters - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=b22+to+e27&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xb22+to+e27+e14.TRS0&_nkw=b22+to+e27+e14&_sacat=0.

Rascals

we've lived here 12yrs and I've never seen one. They might have some in English shops or look in charity shops.

rt21

I need a Philips LED Light Bulb Bayonet Cap to fit an outside lantern. Unfortunately I cannot take one in my hand luggage at the weekend and was wondering whether anyone can advise me whether this type of bulb is easy to buy over there.

Many thanks

Richard