Cataract operations

Started by snoopy2013, February 23, 2017, 19:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Clare Shirley

Here once you reach 40% of vision they will operate but a few people have had to wait almost two years to have it done.

In Veravision end of last year it was 1700 per eye and it included all the pre and post visits but not the initial consultation

The op in itself is fairly simple and is done in the morning and the patient is released in the afternoon. You do have a series of drops to follow but its a easy op and she will be back to herself and most times with improved vision not requiring glasses apart from reading
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

BobL

Hi,
Recent figures regarding WL times for Hospital appts and time to surgery in UK and for cataracts in particular could be looking in excess of a year after initial consultation with an Opthalmic Surgeon. There was a case reported recently and I believe a question was raised in Parliament. May be able to find this on-line.
Always said we would prefer hospital here and hospice/terminal care in UK.

Dr.Bob (Retired)

snoopy2013

Thank you for everyone's replies.

mavell

Whats wrong with using the UK NHS ?

Lizzie1201

My hubby also used Vissum in Almeria. They did a great job and they speak English.

Roger

My wife used VISSUM in Almeria.

Very professional.

solarsolutionsalmeria

hi,if you do need a translator i can help you,my ad with refferences is on here,jenni translator
or call me on 653098329
jenni

BobL

Has been recommended by so many. Another thought would be to take an Interpreter to the hospital in Huercal Overa and ask to be directed to the Medical Secretaries to the Ophthalmic Dept. They would also advise.
Fellow sufferer. Best of luck.
Dr. Bob (retired).

RedEyes

My vote goes to Clinica Veravision - http://www.veravision.es/en .  Has done some outstanding work on my eyes.

snoopy2013

My UK based mother desperately needs a complex cataract operation before she goes fully blind and we are wondering if anyone has details and recommendations of any private eye clinics over here.
Many thanks