Arboleas recycling centre.

Started by guest21828, April 18, 2017, 10:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sallyb

Sting if you have cctv surely you know who dumped the mattress?
Phyll

guest21828

As a reply to your post KJH3.

The recycling centre does have a CCTV system that operates and records 24/7 which is then monitored daily for any infractions, public safety, accidents, theft and also for people that leave unwanted items outside the centre when closed. I personally have no problem whatsoever with being monitored, I have worked in many places that have had CCTV systems because the work involved high level security, high value goods, also the possible risk of customer and employee theft. Everyone should be aware they are being monitored by CCTV at the centre so as not to have any video evidence used as proof of wrong doing. Security cameras are used in many places these days for crime prevention and terrorism etc but they are also very often in place for public and employee safety as well.

guest21828

I always try to be as accommodating as possible in managing the recycling centre but feedback from forum members could help after reading Benjamin Franklin's post.

Benjamin Franklin quoted that the recycling centre has "very limited opening hours", how many more hours would be more suitable for everyone?

Benjamin Franklin also quoted "it is more responsible to leave items at the entrance than any other alternative place". As I have posted before, it is actually against the law to leave items outside the centre when closed in the rules and regulations (Article 10, subsection i) by the Junta de Andalucia regarding recycling centres.

The dumping of unwanted items by the roadside, in the bins, by the side of bins, rambla or someone's land is just ridiculous when the Junta has built us a recycling centre at a cost of 350,000€ for us all to use, thus keeping our area tidy.

Any useful feedback would be helpful for the Mayor and I to discuss possible improvements for the day to day running of the recycling centre.

KJH3

You are trying to appeal to the better nature of filthy people, they don't have one. "I'm alright Jack" is the attitude, let someone else clean up the mess

Wasted breath I say, you will never change some of these moronic idiots.

Put up these micro cameras, to hell with civil liberties. Switch them on at closing and see what happens.

Malcolm

You can go to the tip 5 days a week, times posted here numerous times. I would say that as most people are retired if they can't organise a trip to the tip when it's open then it's totally irresponsible to dump by the gate.

Benjamin Franklin

If someone cannot get to the recycling centre during its very limited opening hours, surely it is more responsible to leave the item at the entrance than any other alternative place (Basura bin or Rambla)?
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Tetley

Its getting more like the UK Inner city every day stig,the rubbish situation seems to be totaly out of control,dumping at the closed tip gates ,rambler dumping.... roadside bins dumping.... fires at the Tip !

next were going to be surrounded by shopping trolleys.

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

guest21828

Once again, more unwanted items have been dumped outside the gates of the recycling centre over night. The bag behind the mattress containing the bottles of kitchen oil has also leaked the contents onto the floor.. Unwanted items are NOT to be left outside the gates of the recycling centre. This is against the rules and regulations set down by the Junta de Andalucia. It is classed as dumping under articulo 10, point (i) of the law, it is punishable by the Junta and police.