Golf Clubs

Started by Claret1965, March 26, 2017, 19:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod

Don't see that Mojacar is very far from Vera Playa, just along the sea front going from Garucha, no distance at all.

Claret1965

Gents thanks for that, it has made things a lot clearer.

Duffs

I am actually a member of Desert Springs and play 2 or 3 times per week. If you want to play 2 or more times a week then the membership fee becomes reasonable.

At DS you would be welcome to play with any of the half doz or so regular groups as long as you ask at reception (they know their regulars). Also there are weekly and regular comps that you could take part in that would afford you a way of meeting more members.

Best wishes.

Espo54

If you join a society a lot of their members are also members of clubs and other societies that play on a different day. Joining a society is by far a better way to get introduced to other options you may want, and a brilliant way to meet fellow golfers in the area.

Claret1965

Sorry if this comes across as being ungrateful.

I will join a society but they tend to play just once a week, I am keen to play golf three/ four times, meet new faces and try to get my handicap down. After playing through the winter in cold,  wet and windy conditions I am looking forward to playing in summer clothes.

Kind regards

Claret1965

Thanks for those comments.
I am looking for a Club that has a healthy membership and the potential for me to join in with groups. I am a 14 handicapper, I do not take the game too serious, I play to enjoy the company and social scene, if I shoot over 100, it's not a disaster.
Not wishing too ramble but Lorca and Mojacar seem a tad too far to travel, Valle del Este and Aguilon  seem to cater more for visitors, Desert Springs seems expensive though not out of reach.

The bottom line would be are there any clubs where a new face would be able to join various groups of golfers and have varying options of days in which to play.

Thanks again.

Espo54

Hi, The 19th hole golf society plays once a week with Aguilon being the home course. They also play other courses in the area. If you want further details please e mail the secretary on mikeesposito@yahoo.com.

Duffs

There are other golf clubs in the area, Valle del Este is near and there is Mojacar and Lorca to name a few. I would suggest you visit them as they are very different, ie the quality of the greens and fairways, the social facilities and of course the membership and pricing.

There are other societies too, the '19th Hole', 'Badgers', 'Aguilon'. You should be able to find contact details online or on the back page of the free newspaper 'Euro Weekly News' otherwise known as EWN.
It really does depend upon what you want from your golf, I am a member of one of the courses and one of the societies which satisfies my golf and club needs.

I hope you find what you want.

Claret1965

Hi all, 

I have read on the forum about the Arboleas Golf Society but can anyone advise on any golf clubs to join? Are there anual memberships at these clubs?

I am looking to play golf two/three times a week, we are currently in Vera Playa. I see that Desert Springs, Aguilon and Lorca are the only courses within travelling distance.

As I am here all alone, I am hoping that these golf clubs have 'roll ups' where you attend at a certain time and playing partners are drawn, as in the Societies.

Any words of advice, point I the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance