Delayed flight compensation

Started by roboman, April 24, 2017, 18:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janice59

Can you make a claim if you book and pay for your flights then Ryanair changed the flight times by seven hours, they did offer a refund but has caused so many problems ..

sandralos

Compensation from Monarch after 4 hour delay, no problems, took a few months but we got paid out full price of flight.

Gooners

Quote from: Roy Thomas on April 27, 2017, 19:10:48 PM
You should have received a cash compensation not Monarch vouchers.

Looks like you have been mugged off.

We chose vouchers because you get 20% extra and they last a year for multiple flights

Jimel

I would never fly with Monarch again,ten hour delay,crappy food whilst waiting,only compensation was we got to spend Christmas day in Jamaica,as the flight was still delayed on our return!

Roy Thomas

You should have received a cash compensation not Monarch vouchers.

Looks like you have been mugged off.

Gooners

Just an update. Monarch have issued us vouchers for £818.00 only 3 days after the clan went in, original flights we around £170. Chuffed with that little windfall!!

Karen4

The situation may well change if the UK leaves the EU, as the legislation is based on flights leaving or going to an EU country, and registered in an EU country, therefore anything to do with the UK may be irrelevant.
Cl3880

BassBunny

I had 2 claims a few years back for flights Alicante to Manchester, (same flight on both occasions), with Monarch. I got so fed up with trying to get the Eu agreed compensation I used a company called Bott & Co. They got the money in rapid time. Cost me about 20% but well worth it at the time.
I thinks Airlines have now smartened their act as we got delayed 24hrs with Thomas Cook from Crete last year. Put us up in a hotel, fed and watered and gave us the link to claim the compensation. Money paid in about 2 weeks and it virtually covered the holiday.

Zulu

Our easyjet flight was cancelled on the day we were due to fly last October.  We were sent from Southend airport to luton and flew on a near empty plane back to Alicante same day.  Delayed our arrival a few hours and had to hang around Luton airport for a while but got there in the end.  Went onto Easyjet website, filled in online claim form and received cheque within few days for more than we paid for our tickets.  Not sure if they compensate traveller or person or organisation who paid for tickets.

gus-lopez

Ryanair will do anything to avoid paying . Even the "EU261" comp links they send you in emails don't work. As do most of there other access points . Any emails from them are always "no reply". Try having a dialogue with scum like that.
Having said that you have an excellent case as they have already broken the directive unless they paid & fed you at the point of delay & issued full information on how to obtain compensation under the directive.
Delays ,you can usually get redress from them , albeit hard work, as they can scam some other poor sap who's fault it was.
Cancellations are another matter.
First point of contact is Ryanair & then the air transport body of the country the flight was departing from .
In your case I would think they would use the 'extraordinary circumstance/unexpected event/technical problem' but they can't use the 'technical problem ' anymore as the UK supreme court stated that it doesn't count & compo should be paid.
At least in the UK you can add pressure by using the small claims court.
Here is a link that explains it in easy to understand fashion.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/holidays/article-2271213/How-claim-EU-flight-delay-compensation-EC-261-2004.html

Hope you get on ok but they think nothing of spending 5 x the compo to prevent actually giving you anything.

Gooners

We had a delay of over 3 hours in March with monarch. The landing gear doors wouldn't shut, so circled Gatwick for 30 mins, diverted to Birmingham to change planes, eventually when in the air we were offered a soft drink :wtf:
We got to Almeria over 3 hours later, I think over 1500 km the compo is 400 euros, we've gone for monarch vouchers which adds 20% to the compo! Will let you know how we get on.

roboman

Thanks for that Turner I will contact Ryanair ,twas worth the delay for 250 euros and they fed us for free.
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

turner

We had a five hour delay with Easy Jet last year, simply emailed them asking about compensation, got a reply  and before too long the compensation. As they couldn't refund more than the cost of the tickets to the card that we booked with we did have to send them our bank details and the rest of the money was paid into our account.
I understand that it is an E.U directive so it shouldn't matter who the flight was with.
Good luck.

roboman

Anyone had any success claiming compo for a delayed flight of 4 hours caused by the airport loading ramp , the loaders damaged the door and the Ryanair pilot grounded the aircraft we had to wait for a replacement , just wondered if the scheme works and how to proceed , flight was booked and paid for by my employers but ticket is in my name.
Illegitimi non carbonundrum