La Alfoquia - new roundabout

Started by byrney, May 03, 2017, 22:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy john

It's good to see Byrney's interest in the Alfoquia gyratory. His idea of having young ladies by the roadside is a good idea. It has certainly caught on in the Torrevieja area. :c029:

byrney

Phil - how very dare you.....my OP was deadly serious.

If you had to come and watch these poor lollipop girls working their proverbial b*****s off conducting the traffic through Alfoquia now that the works have started in earnest you would know that I was deadly serious.

Indeed, today, they have drawn a circle in the middle of the junction - well, actually, to we purists, it's not actually "in the middle" of the junction but way off centre.  But, hey, it's a long time since I did Geometry at School, so modern thinking eh?

In fact, out of normal working hours, absolute chaos prevails.  I think they should be there 24/7 - just coz they happen to be very attractive 19/20 year olds has absolutely nothing to do with it.  Obviously.

Oh s***, I'm gonna get slaughtered now....... :c023:

Karen4

Quote from: suzuki on May 05, 2017, 16:44:41 PM
I think the original post was a tad tongue in cheek Dave S.I do however agree that to be a bit jolly in return smacks of some folk being happy and that will never do.Best go n have a bite to eat and calm yourself. :103:

:bravo_2:
Cl3880

felipe

The OP was in jest and that continued throughout the thread. I had a good laugh at some of the suggestions.

suzuki

I think the original post was a tad tongue in cheek Dave S.I do however agree that to be a bit jolly in return smacks of some folk being happy and that will never do.Best go n have a bite to eat and calm yourself. :103:
GEM

doreen1

Quote from: Dave S on May 04, 2017, 18:11:11 PM
Why do people  try to turn a perfectly informative thread in to a sarcastic sublect?

It's called a bit of light hearted fun Dave 👍🏻😬

Dinsdale

Keep up the funny comments, so nice to have a laugh for a change

Dave S

Why do people  try to turn a perfectly informative thread in to a sarcastic sublect?

byrney

Definitely not J and S - don't want all the down and outs sniffing glue under there - far better a footbridge over the roundabout suitable lit, with maybe a few bars and restaurants?

John and Sue

and a underpass to cross the road.

sleepy john

At such a busy junction (I saw three cars there once) there should also be traffic lights to control the traffic entering the roundabout.

byrney

I know that I've been "awol" for a while and I may have missed it, but there doesn't seem to have been any comment about the new important roundabout in La Alfoquia.

I know you poor folks in Arboleas struggle to get funding for road improvements (pot-holes etc), but here we have some major roadworks going ahead to improve the dreadful congestion in our Municipality.

For those of you interested (bring your cameras) there is going to be (apparently) a huge new roundabout to be installed just below the Union Bar leading on to the extremely busy junction with the road leading to the equally busy Renfe building.

This is clearly to relieve the enormous congestion and confusion created by the re-aligned road junction a few yards away near the Corner Bar.

I can't wait for the results of this amazing traffic control system as it will make my life so much easier.

Never mind, it provides a great opportunity to give lollipop-holding skills to control the traffic...........