Brit Platers...

Started by JohnJones, October 07, 2017, 21:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Not just costly, but criminal charges in cases of injury or fatality.

Never mind, I understand there is some comfortable accommodation available near Almeria - although no PS4s/Internet access/mobile phones etc like in the UK, I believe.

raysun

Gus is quite correct. The insurer has to pay all third party claims regardless of mot or itv  or whether they have overstayed in spain  but they will then recover their losses from the policyholder. 
Costly business if involved in serious accident.

tintin

The fact is they are driving illegally, they know it but refuse to accept the fact they are criminals, yet to be caught and punished so do your duty and report them to the guardia as DVLA do not want to know
Mike

gus-lopez

Quote from: Iceman on October 08, 2017, 08:52:12 AM
Friend of mine got hit by U K reg car the insurance  stopped payment because the U K car was not legal in the U K so insurance his was invalid my fiend had to lose his no claim bonus, was told by insurance company to make a private claim against other driver/   I believe that you can now only legally have a UK reg car in Spain for 2 Months.

he was conned. The other insurer HAS to pay all 3rd party claims then THEY sue the pants off the one they insured. His own company should have been doing it all.

Quote from: Trucker on October 08, 2017, 16:43:27 PM
Man near us drove about in his English plated car for 11 years before deciding to register it in Spain...he claimed he insured it here and took it for ITV... how does that work then...
Yes you can insure it .Legally as well with Liberty seguros & Mapfre as they have UK arms that notify dvla ,weekly, & the Insurance database. The ITV isn't worth a light though nor the insurance unless  they have a UK mot.

horsey

did they make em with just 1 passenger seat! :039: :039:

Quote from: Tetley on October 08, 2017, 10:07:37 AM
apparently these folks are making plans now.....there even bringing there own police cars..... :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEJ78ODFv1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmOi9Dx1irQ

im finking of buying a Rolls Royce ad lending out ti tuwn hall for civic haccasions........ :57:

Mornig All  x
Treat Me With The Same Dignity And Respect You Demand For Yourself And I Will Do Likewise!

Trucker

Man near us drove about in his English plated car for 11 years before deciding to register it in Spain...he claimed he insured it here and took it for ITV... how does that work then...

Cielos

A UK-based company has been driving around here on Brit plates for years - I assume they must have been stopped at some point?

tandas

Been to Aguilas today and noticed several Brit plated cars in their police compound so they must be cracking down!

Tetley

apparently these folks are making plans now.....there even bringing there own police cars..... :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEJ78ODFv1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmOi9Dx1irQ

im finking of buying a Rolls Royce ad lending out ti tuwn hall for civic haccasions........ :57:

Mornig All  x
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Malcolm

Even if it is tax/mot exempt you can't keep driving the car any longer in Spain than now. Still won't be legal.

Iceman

Friend of mine got hit by U K reg car the insurance  stopped payment because the U K car was not legal in the U K so insurance his was invalid my fiend had to lose his no claim bonus, was told by insurance company to make a private claim against other driver/   I believe that you can now only legally have a UK reg car in Spain for 2 Months.

Tetley

After May 2018 when the new No tax & Mot rules come in for UK Classics,expect we will be hinundated with Austin A35 owners Locally.....lol
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

JohnJones

Not all. But too many.

Sorned.

There insurance hahahaha won't pay out.

Not all. But too many already.

Saw a Suzuki go round a corner on it's wing mirrors for a Guardia stop ahead, best avoided. Purple or Burgandy over Pearl. And a Red Seat. Which narrows it down. And several others. DVLA states the Suzuki went off the radar in 2012. 2012!

Not all, by a country mile, most are decent. But THEY walk amongst us.