Are your messages private?

Started by Agoodrioja2017, October 15, 2017, 08:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

I should imagine that anything that goes through a computer is readable and recorded somewhere by someone. I believe things like texts on a phone and anything wifi would also be recorded. I doubt that deleting either would work, even PMs.
Mind you, if it did happen that someone's PMs were exposed for any reason, that would be the end of that forum as a reliable, safe place to be.
Any admin that peeped would only be causing themselves grief, I'm sure. :16: 

macc

The deal is that reading people's "private" messages is unethical, plain and simple. The messages are stored in the database, so admin could technically and simply open the database and have a look. There are lots of ways to access pm's. 

raysun

Perhaps the opening poster might let us know if their apparent doubts about the forum security  on their 2nd post have now been sorted to their satisfaction. 

raysun

I think they can of course view posts  but not private messages.

Dylanthomas2014

Hogs doesn't really matter to me but I think I remember that because of the way simple forums or whatever platform this forum is hosted on.  Phil stated it is possible for admin to view all posts and messages but it is not done I'm sure I will corrected if my memory is incorrect

raysun

The la cena post was locked  as far as im aware.
not sure how you would get a password if they  cant send it to you.
anytime i reset a password with any company or airline or bank  they send me a new one.
they are normally encripted.
nothing is totally safe with messages so  i  keep them as simple as possible without giving any info that could compromise me or cause anyone to sue me.
Im sure the admin will pm you to clear the matter up to your satisfaction.
Have a good sunday and welcome to and enjoy the forum

Agoodrioja2017

Good Morning All,

We have just created an account on this forum and I have to say I'm a little bit concerned by the lack of security and privacy associated with it. After we created the account and entered a password we received an email from the arboleas admin team detailing and confirming our new username and the full password. Yes the full password.

The User id I understand But to confrm the password has alarm bells ringing. This tells me that my account isn't safe and my confidential login details are easily obtainable by any of the admin team.

Does any know if I go back in and reset the password will it then become private to just me or will the admin still have access to it because If that's the case I will delete the account as I don't believe in people spying on my private messages.

Yesterday I commented on a post r.e La Cena and today it's been deleted.

Any ideals?

Philip and Jan