R.I.P.

Started by Iceman, October 17, 2017, 14:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

languagesolutions

It's funny how the circle works:

1. I ask Roger questions and be objective.
2. Posters then come on making up what I comment and ask, making me out to be the bad guy.
3. Roger posts and totally ignores my questions whilst attacking his former colleagues.

Please Raysun, Jo, Nibbler,... read my posts and debate if you want to, ignore me if you want to, but stop making things up. As I've said many times before, I won't take your bullying. Get myself elected?? I want the forum shut down?? Please read instead of just ranting.

All I advise is for people to look at both sides of the story and have their own opinion. The TH has a very difficult task ahead of them and need all the support they have had in the last 6 years.

I have no problem with Roger nor with any other poster. I constantly state that I think he should be back with the TH team or present an alternative. He has been a great asset for the last 7 or 8 years and I have supported him all this time. What he is doing now has no logic, makes no sense...otherwise he would answer my questions with the same transparency he demands of others.

Anyway, Danny has posted some interesting information in the "MAYOR" thread and Cristóbal and the TH write on Facebook daily. You can agree or disagree with what they are doing, but you can't deny they are the working hard, giving out information (when it is there to be given out) and that they are the right people to sort out this mess.

Onwards and upwards :)

Jo-JoB

Quote from: languagesolutions on October 19, 2017, 10:24:37 AM
Raysun: Por enésima vez, please read my posts and not just misinterpret a tu antojo.

Roger:
So far:
- Your idea of Sophia employees not being qualified has been proven wrong. Your comment created problems for a local company and a service to the village.
- What you said about Stacey's contract has also been proven wrong with the official document. Again, you have caused problems to a person and a local service.
- "Being excluded from decisions": you got paid to attend meetings where decisions were made. Only after 6 years you say that those paid meetings were worthless.
- Inn 14 was approved and you didn't even go to the meeting.

Criticism is fine if you offer an alternative. If you don't, you are just causing more and more trouble and anxiety for the local population. So, easy questions:
- Do you have an alternative to the current TH team/party?
- If not, do you really think stirring things up constantly will actually help the problems of Arboleas?
- Don't you think for the good of the town that it would be better for you and the TH to sort things out, get the problems solved and then go your seperate ways?

If you do have an alternative, I'm sure everybody would love to hear about it. You know I would ;).

I don't know any of you personally, some posters I get along with and some I don't, that's life!! But I have to agree with Raysun. Language solutions your attitude is arrogant, and to throw little bits of Spanish into your messages is just childish and condescending. You're not the only one who can speak the lingo.

I don't really know what your problem with Roger is, However if I may paraphrase you, ''do you really think stirring things up constantly will actually help the problems of Arboleas'' Your comments about him are borderline bullying, Roger did what he thought was right and correct at the time, if he did wrong, (and who amongst doesn't) then he paid the price by offering his resignation. He has done a lot of good for Arboleas ex pat community in the past, and deserves respect for that alone.

If you have a problem with the man, then speak to him face to face, Yes, we are all entitled to an opinion, but not this constant public vitriol.

If you don't like the way local politics are being ran, well get yourself elected! You cannot change things from the outside.

I don't believe in ignore buttons, that's like putting your fingers in your ears and shouting la la la, I was brought up in an environment, where if you have something to say, then you say it!

owdoggy

Quote from: raysun on October 18, 2017, 19:51:54 PM
Languagesolutions, i promised  not to post again on this subject  but i think most of the forum are sick to the back teeth of listening to you replying to every little post from people who have one query or another.
Not sure what your deal with the th is but you are not posting without some benefit.
Could you just give it a rest for gods sake.
and by the way i dont have facebook.
Pot & kettle spring to mind raysun. You're all over the forum, don't you ever stop?

If hypocrisy had volume we'd all be deaf.

Doggy

Tetley

Quote from: raysun on October 19, 2017, 11:29:42 AM
Ive finally got sense and hit the ignore button
what a great relief. Phew !!!!

yes please im in 30 but  31 would be nicer   :57:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

raysun

ARGHHHH !!!!ENOUGH ALREADY.
you are not worth any further discussion.
does anyone know if the th pay weekly or monthly.??
adios mi amigo.

languagesolutions

Raysun: Por enésima vez, please read my posts and not just misinterpret a tu antojo.

Roger:
So far:
- Your idea of Sophia employees not being qualified has been proven wrong. Your comment created problems for a local company and a service to the village.
- What you said about Stacey's contract has also been proven wrong with the official document. Again, you have caused problems to a person and a local service.
- "Being excluded from decisions": you got paid to attend meetings where decisions were made. Only after 6 years you say that those paid meetings were worthless.
- Inn 14 was approved and you didn't even go to the meeting.

Criticism is fine if you offer an alternative. If you don't, you are just causing more and more trouble and anxiety for the local population. So, easy questions:
- Do you have an alternative to the current TH team/party?
- If not, do you really think stirring things up constantly will actually help the problems of Arboleas?
- Don't you think for the good of the town that it would be better for you and the TH to sort things out, get the problems solved and then go your seperate ways?

If you do have an alternative, I'm sure everybody would love to hear about it. You know I would ;).

Roger

I am now a private citizen and a resident of Arboleas for 20 years.
I have a right to express my opinion about what is happening in my town.
If the Mayor and the other councillors do not like criticism they should not be in politics.
Remember I left local politics because the Mayor excluded me from important decisions which he made.
That wss his decision, not mine.

For all my political life I have helped people with their problems.
I did this when I came to Arboleas, before I was a Councillor.
I am still receiving e mails from people asking for information.
If I have it I will publish it.
I also have a continuing responsibility for the Promar clients.
I will continue to fulfill that responsibility, and if the inaction from the Town Hall is having a negative affect on the speed with which their problems can be sorted, I will say so.

I retain a lot of information about all the problems in Arboleas.
All in my head. So of course I am concerned that these problems are sorted.
That was why I set up the Arboleas Help Desk all those years ago.

I see no sign that the Town Hall is acting at the speed it should to address these problems.
I have people contacting me who are really desperate.
Poor health, financial problems, worry and stress.

The Town Hall should get it sorted, and some official information would be a start.
What progress has been made in the past 3 months with builders.
What is the answer from officials aboiut how the various hoiuses, with different problems, can be sorted.
Have there been any meetings? I know for a fact that Promar has had no contact from the Town Hall.

raysun

I have not critized the town hall and roger would not have posted if you hadnt  first posted a lot of verbal claptrap against him and anyone else who has an opinion that differs from your one sided  view of things.
Roger is now a layman  like the rest of us and is entitled to his opinion  .
I actually posted  a well done comment on dannys post yesterday on towh hall business.
Now you think the forum should be shut down.
perhaps you should stand for mayor next time round  .
Is rogers position is still available.????
do yourself a favour and give it a rest and tone it down,
Let danny and others  in  the town hall comment on whats actually going on as you are not privvy to the internal th business
or are you ???????

languagesolutions

Quote from: raysun on October 18, 2017, 19:51:54 PM
Languagesolutions, i promised  not to post again on this subject  but i think most of the forum are sick to the back teeth of listening to you replying to every little post from people who have one query or another.
Not sure what your deal with the th is but you are not posting without some benefit.

It's called freedom of speech, though it seems there are a few on here who don't like that. If you only want to hear biased news that insults the intelligence of objective thinkers, don't read what I say, it's easy.

Roger is continuing to insult our intelligence, so I continue to give my objective point of view, which has nothing to do with the TH's

If this forum wasn't so politicized, I wouldn't be writing. However, due to this fact, there are a lot of people who don't post here, but do read , many people who have written or even rung me to say 'don't listen to the insults and bullying', others saying this forum should be shut down due to the discrimination on it. People afraid to write because of personal or business issues.

I don't mind being called a 'prat' or people who only want to cause trouble telling me to shut up.

As Roger said attacking me, there are people waiting for their problems to be sorted out, so instead of criticizing the TH again and again, why don't we all support them like we have been doing for the last 6 years? Either that or Roger presents us with an alternative.

Causing problems and dividing the people of Arboleas only makes things worse ✌️

raysun

languagesolutions

Quote from: Roger on October 18, 2017, 18:37:38 PM
Meanwhile...roads and pavements 😉

What an insulting comment for people who are under great stress, wondering when or if they will ever get their escrituras before they die.

It's called fulfilling your commitments Roger. Whilst you are working hard on Inn 14 and waiting at the same time, you don't resign, life continues.

Stop being a populist and an oportunist please and be realistic: you know the truth, why keep stirring things up and then say 'you won't here from me'; then stir things up 5 minutes later?

If you want to help, sort things out with PSOE or give us a new option ✌️

Roger

The information from the Town Hall is very lacking in any detail
and only arrives when people make a fuss.
Also to publish it only on a facebook page is not sufficient.
Many people have no access to facebook, and why should they be forced to register to get even this basic and late information.

Although I am no longer a Councillor (I resigned before I was sacked after I had the temerity for publishing my objection to the arbitrary actions of the Mayor)
I have said that I will as far as I can give people my help and advice.

You can read the latest which I have published today on
www.arboleaslive.com

Roger

What an insulting comment for people who are under great stress, wondering when or if they will ever get their escrituras before they die.

languagesolutions

Again, I have to disagree.

The TH's priority from day 1 has been Inn 14. As soon as it was passed, they had a meeting with all affected parties I remember seeing on Facebook. Be patient; when there's news, they should inform.

Iceman

languagesolutions  Thank you for your reply  I did not say that the T H where not doing anything if just seems that the Mayors main focused is on making footpaths and other thing instead of Innovation 14 if he is waiting for something from Almeria or something else he could ease the frustration of us all by telling us and explain these things instead of keeping it dark. Maybe a public meeting once a month informing us of progress or otherwise would help, I am sure the roads will still be there.  And if all the Brits ggo back then who will be left to use the footpaths not the holiday homers on their two week visit.

Tetley

Beets mi why folks is getting reved up..... has anybody told  Any Brit   in Spain yer staying ?  ie offical ....from a spanish govi dept

given the UK is X ing rudderles and were looking at loosing our EU  citizen ship overnight.

just enjoy the day.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

languagesolutions

Hi Iceman,

Not part of the TH nor related, I just don't like the way Roger has gone about things lately. There are many things I could disagree with the TH on, but town planning is definitely not one of them. Like it or not, Arboleas, due to the Mayor and his team, has the best TH in the area regarding this issue; Roger can tell you all about that.

Inn 14 has just been passed and things take time in Spain, you and everybody knows that, especially due to the complexity of the situation.

Read on Facebook last night that Cristóbal would inform us all. I know we've been waiting for a long time and it's frustrating, but they're on the right track...just a shame that Roger jumped ship due to other secondary issues at maybe the most important time.

Iceman

languagesolutions  Firstly are you part of the T H or related to a councillor? as you can see no wrong in the TH   I did pop in after Roger sent me an e mail about a potential problem with my villa and left it with Danny who said he would pass it on to the mayor and would let me know what it was all about.  Well guess what   I saw Danny after and he did not know anything except that he had passed it on. :c002:
I would like to thank the Mayor for his face book post  he says a lot but not very clear just what the TH are waiting for. Please give more details, also has any builder been called in yet?

Malcolm

Cristobal Garcia Granados

languagesolutions

Ayuntamiento Arboleas and Cristóbal García Granados post frequently. People also comment and ask questions... pretty transparent IMO. Danny translates it into English too ✌️

Moyra

Quote from: languagesolutions on October 17, 2017, 17:49:44 PM
Have you tried the Mayor on Facebook

What is the name of Facebook should we look at, or can you provide a link ??
Thanks
Be nice to each other, you don't know what's round the corner.

languagesolutions

Have you tried the Mayor on Facebook?

Not knowing doesn't mean not being transparent and I think the TH would be very silly to not be as "transparent" as before. There are a lot of things that need sorting with Inn 14 approved, I'm sure they're working hard; again...silly not to  ::)

Iceman

I have popped in but am still no wiser Danny tries to help but can not tell you what he does not know

languagesolutions

: :91:

Very easy to pop in and see Danny, the Mayor, councillors,...

Join TH and Cristóbal García's on Facebook...lots of updates.

It's so easy 😊

Seems like they aren't on the forum like Roger was, but the forum isn't everything 😉

Iceman

With the loss of Roger from the T H it seems that we must also mourn the death of Transparency and Information. I sometimes wonder if the councillors forget that they were elected to serve the  voters and the community.