One for Tetley and folks from Yorkshire.

Started by zilnor, October 19, 2017, 13:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on October 21, 2017, 20:09:50 PM
OK Tets,
Did'nt know that, cheers.

You are right about Ducati's as an investment. The one that Mike Hailwood rode to victory in the 1978 IOM TT
is now worth over a million quid .
I was there, we were on our honeymoon. Oh happy happy days !  :72:

anything with old wheels & Pistons over the past few years has been a great investment,plus yer dont give a monkeys abought finance LOL wich is grate for us more  simple folks... :))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

zilnor

OK Tets,
Did'nt know that, cheers.

You are right about Ducati's as an investment. The one that Mike Hailwood rode to victory in the 1978 IOM TT
is now worth over a million quid .
I was there, we were on our honeymoon. Oh happy happy days !  :72:

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on October 21, 2017, 19:47:00 PM
Tets,
I thought Ducati's were made in Italy, at Bologna.  :72:
I've been to the factory. The bikes were OK, but I preferred the pasta lunch and Pinot Grigio !   :grin:

Zill,s they were also made under licence in Barcolona by the MOTORANS brand,there well built with the mods improved from the basic Duk,s singles of the 1960,s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS8ew8ApSPo

now becomnig collectable  ( if yer buy once its safer than any bank or ISA Return lol )

these MV,s still float my boat tho......wonderfull    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbvdk0tUDf8
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

zilnor

Tets,
I thought Ducati's were made in Italy, at Bologna.  :72:
I've been to the factory. The bikes were OK, but I preferred the pasta lunch and Pinot Grigio !   :grin:

Angleseyite

Quote from: webejamin on October 21, 2017, 18:15:37 PM
Quote from: Tetley on October 21, 2017, 16:39:13 PM
Simple,they carnt afford to live in the sowth.... :57:
One of the facts in life Tets. :72: My mate moved up there a little while back, to a huge bungalow in about an acre, backing onto farmland. Didn't even cost £400.000, so he got change outa his old pad :72: Mind you he hates the cold up there, totally different, and, he likes a good whinge so his Mrs reckons he fits in well :57:

Most likely giving lessons :57:

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on October 21, 2017, 18:15:37 PM
One of the facts in life Tets. :72: My mate moved up there a little while back, to a huge bungalow in about an acre, backing onto farmland. Didn't even cost £400.000, so he got change outa his old pad :72: Mind you he hates the cold up there, totally different, and, he likes a good whinge so his Mrs reckons he fits in well :57:

has he bought a BSA Bantam yet ? he deffo ant gonna fit in wi out a Bantam...even mi Mams got a Bantam..... :57:

im tecking mi Spainish Ducati 160 wi villiers 197cc electric start motor trail bike back,on B Day.....that should confuse the Buggxers..... :))

webejamin

Tetley

Angleseyite

Quote from: zilnor on October 21, 2017, 15:58:42 PM
Angleseyite,

I prefer the road going southwest, to Devon and Cornwall. Weather's a bit better and a few degrees warmer than the frozen north !  :72:

I suppose so, makes you wonder why people live in the North doesn't it :a102:

zilnor

Angleseyite,

I prefer the road going southwest, to Devon and Cornwall. Weather's a bit better and a few degrees warmer than the frozen north !  :72:

zilnor

No Byrney,
It's full of foreigners............ :a102:   :57:

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on October 21, 2017, 14:06:04 PM
Maybe because there are  far too many people living in a small land mass, and far too many vehicles on the roads.

Na yer all just been poisend through human greed,this is why yet better of been wi us Yorkshire EU Hillbillys in Clean Air Rural Spain   :great:

Angleseyite

One good thing coming out of London, "the road North" :57:

byrney

"Got our own green and pleasant land in Greater London. 47% of the area is green space. There  are 8 Royal Parks all open to the public, and many smaller parks." yeah but it's full of Southerners.....

zilnor

Maybe because there are  far too many people living in a small land mass, and far too many vehicles on the roads.

Tetley

zilnor

Got our own green and pleasant land in Greater London. 47% of the area is green space. There  are 8 Royal Parks all open to the public, and many smaller parks.
There are 8 million trees across Greater London, making it the largest urban forest in the world.   :c029:

webejamin

Aye oop burney :08: ow thee doin lad :039:

byrney

Glad you lot stay "darn sarff".  Wouldn't want you seeing what a green and pleasant land we live in up North!

webejamin

:57: gotta turn sour before long Liz :57: but the sun's out :great:

zilnor

Webe
:clap: :57:l

Never been up the Anazon but have travelled the Thames a few times, from Limehouse to Lechdale  and back again. Lovely jubbly ! Many of the locks have a pub . Way to go.   :93:

Anywhere past Watford is north to us suvvernors  :57:

webejamin

I'm from London, so I don't have an accent. There's nothing wrong with people with accents, it doesn't mean they're any lesser as human beings than we are does it. I mean, they're almost as good at most things as we are.
Take northerners for instance, I went to Watford once and they seemed quite nice people, hardly any accent at all. They even had schools there and most of them seem to be able to drive OK.
I'd love to visit places like Yorkshire, Glasgow, Swansea, right up in the north of England, but I think I'm a bit too old for that now. I've been up the Amazon a few times and all around Borneo, so it wouldn't be too much of an ordeal visiting the North of England, would it.

webejamin, London conciliator.  :08:

JUD

What is an accent ?  One doesn't believe one has one !

zilnor

Meant to say " crowning glory " . Too much Friday night wine !  :57:

zilnor

York is a nice city. History, culture and a couple of good restaurants, plus it's crowning gory, York Minster.  :72:

Lynden

Tets my lad's a proper Yorkie. Born on Yorkshire Day in York.....
I used to work for a Hull based company, nice lot, always thought the City was a bit grim though.

Lancashire lad

We all know that Tets isn't  a proper Yorkie.. he's from the East riding of Yorkshire( AKA Hull!!) :57:

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on October 20, 2017, 16:44:31 PM
" Keep the faith " . I try Byrney  :72:

Hogsy,
We can't have too much " lighthearted banter" . We don't want folks smiling and relaxing do we ?  :grin:

Stiff upper lip and all that.  :72:

my kids just bought 3 Ken Dodd dvd,s the Kens  a X ing Genius   :57:

zilnor

" Keep the faith " . I try Byrney  :72:

Hogsy,
We can't have too much " lighthearted banter" . We don't want folks smiling and relaxing do we ?  :grin:

Stiff upper lip and all that.  :72:

zilnor

casab

Like living in Burton and shopping in Derby. Really enjoy our daily walk by the river with the dog.

Birmingham has improved tremendously . Every few weeks my step-daughter and I get on the train to Brum, do a bit of shopping then relax in one of the bars along the canal. Very atmospheric !

I am turning into a converted Midlander.  :72:

casablanca

Quote from: zilnor on October 20, 2017, 08:01:48 AM
I like the Burton/Derby accent and their preferred term of endearment " duck" . " Are you alright duck ?"
As a suvvernor, took me a while to get used to it !   :72:  :57:

Yes Zil your right about the "duck", have been around this term of endearment most of my life, born in North Staffs. and worked in Derby, love the Potteries one of "Ayup Duck at owrate".

byrney

"this forum could do with the spreading of love" - not a chance Liz.

They lost that when they banished us ne'er do wells downstairs.

Upstairs seems to get bitterer and bitterer, and, as most of us no longer put the odd quip into sensible posts, the contributors on the Forum are alas drowning in their own self-pity, bitterness and angst.

Keep the faith.

zilnor

Luton by birth, husband a Cockney, kids born in Hertfordshire, grandchildren born in Staffordshire.
Grandparents from Scotland and London. Good mix !

Lynden, this forum could do with the spreading of love !  :72: :88:

Lynden

I can't rightly say where my loyalties should lie. Notts by birth, wife from the K8ngdom of Fife, kids from Lincs and Yorks. Cosmopolitan. I love you all  :kiss:

Pinkgolf

Originally from Bristol, so grew up with the locals adding an "L" onto the ends of certain words... banana(l) area(l) arena(l) etc and in those days a lot of boys drove a Ford Cortina(l).....me.....I got sent to "electrocution" lessons as I used to call them and had it drummed out of me !!!!