P****d off

Started by gingernut, October 22, 2017, 10:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellybaby

Oats, do you think we haven't complained, of course we have, the response was we need photographic evidence of the cars dumping, as none of us live actually overlooking the bins we would have to sit near the bins all day with the camera at the ready. I find your comment very offensive, photographs of the rubbish have been sent but nothing is done. I have complained to people dumping rubbish & all you get is abuse. It is not mainly the British doing this, it's all nationalities. Please tell us what else we can do.
Jellybaby

Oats

Quote from: Hogs on October 27, 2017, 07:44:29 AM
Has anybody complained to ALBOX TH or Policia Local? And if not why not ? Just sayin'

I photographed it months ago and sent it into Albox Town Hall - nada. Maybe they want the predominantly ex-pat community to wallow in their own mess - well that's the way I see it. Why aren't the local residents complaining about it too I ask myself? Nice for all their family and friends to see when they come a visiting. Why would you think it's the correct place to take it? The Albox Punta Limpia (like the Arboleas one)  is geared up to take all of the garden waste along with other items for disposal. There is a major epidemic of Agave weevils in the area and many people are not dealing with the problem efficiently and just dumping the dead/dying plants for the little blighters to creep along to other Agaves and basically decimate the whole area.

Rod

Maura has stated she is aware of the situation near Sopranos.

Oats

Quote from: Queen Clare Shirley on October 23, 2017, 10:09:28 AM
Quote from: Jellybaby on October 22, 2017, 16:20:35 PM
:41: it's terrible near the old Sopranos bar in Hortichuela/ Alhambra, people dump all their garden rubbish & unwanted items, have complained to the council who want photos of people doing this, as no houses actually overlook the bins it is impossible to get photos, unless someone sits there all day with a camera. The piles of garden waste are a fire risk, along with pieces of furniture, cardboard, bags full of heaven knows what, it's an absolute disgrace caused by selfish people to idle to either put things in the bins or take them to the recycling center, it makes my blood boil
Jellybaby

Mine too Jellybaby and still people are adding to the pile there. Can't they see that no-one is taking it away so why add to the eyesore and the fire hazard that it is. I have seen one of the local residents wandering down there with a wheelbarrow, sadly I didn't catch them in the act, but I know they are DUMPING garden waste there. Why would people think it is the tip and that it's OK to keep doing it?  

guest21828

I am sorry if my post has offended anyone.

I know there are genuine reasons why a few people can't get to the recycling centre. I would help someone in this position by transporting their unwanted items to the centre for free because they have a genuine reason why they can't do it themselves.

I have before and will still transport anything within reason to the recycling centre for free but it has to be more a less on my route to the centre from home or if I am passing by for any reason. If it is out of my way, I will still offer the service but I will have to charge a small fee for fuel, which is more than reasonable. I also have the contact details of a man and Transit van that can transport almost anything to the centre but his services are not free, he will charge a fee for his service.

Apart from the genuine reasons why some people can't get their unwanted items to the recycling centre, there is no excuse for dumping anything anywhere. It is such a pity that there are some people living in our area that do not care about anything except themselves.

I will continue to do my best at the recycling centre for the benefit everyone in our community, it is a worthwhile cause and deserves a little effort from everyone.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

felipe

If you are very elderly, disabled or carless it is unlikely they will be disposing of garden rubbish or mattresses. As they are unable to get to bins.

gingernut

Ask a neighbor,I am sure they would help.

NorrieM

'I have'nt got a car', is not an excuse, it is a reason So, if you are elderly, disabled, perhaps and carless, what are you supposed to do?

raysun

I will pass that on to my friend who is 85. I will tell her not  to to hide indoors, If she sees any illegal activity she will be straight  out with her walking stick to sort them out.
this was a simple post about  illegal dumping  , not sure what abuse of some people or groups has to do with it.
thats my lot.

guest21828

I have heard it all, "I haven't got a car", "the recycling centre is too far away", "I pay my basura, that gives me the right to fill the street bins with whatever I want", "my neighbour told me it's ok to dump my garden cuttings on that spare land", "the bin men are there to take away dumped furniture from the streets" and many more.

It's only a bit of dumped rubbish in the streets, the bins over flowing leaving nowhere for kitchen refuse to be deposited promoting cats, rats and flies. I guess there are more important things in life to worry about, so let's lock the doors, all go home and hide indoors just in case the unsociable neighbour comes a knocking on the door.

You would not believe the threatening behaviour and verbal abuse I have put up with during working hours at the recycling centre. I was talking with a man that regularly visits the centre a couple of weeks ago, he was witness to another visitor who was very threatening and verbally abusive towards me. After the abuser had left, the man I was talking with was very shocked at what he had just witnessed and said he wouldn't put up with that sort of abuse. I told him that what he had just seen was not uncommon, there has been a lot worse that I, the Town Hall and Mayor had been called whilst all trying to better our community.

So what shall we do, keep up the fight to better our community or all hide indoors for fear of upsetting someone, I know where I stand even if I was alone.

guest21828

If you are trying to advise someone about their misuse of the street bins they are in no position to deal out any bad language or threatening behaviour, I'm sure this will not be tolerated by the police. I also see no reason why you can't have your phone in your pocket recording the conversation, so any verbal can be used as evidence.

Anyone not paying a fine will eventually have to pay it one way or another and as far as I am aware unpaid fines go up by a certain percentage each year. The percentage of increase for the unpaid fine may only be 5% or 10% per year but it increases on the total amount to be paid, not the original cost of the fine.

casablanca

Quote from: Stig of the dump on October 23, 2017, 10:05:49 AM
There is no need to dump unwanted items or fill the street bins with anything other than kitchen refuse because we have a recycling centre in the village. It is such a pity that some people don't care about the area they live in, it also shows their lack of respect for everything and everyone that does care.

The Consorcio will no doubt make an increase to the basura payment because of people that fill the street bins with items other than kitchen refuse. It's not hard to get your unwanted items to a recycling centre one way or another, this keeps our area free from dumped rubbish and helps the basura payment from increasing.

I can't understand how some people continually dump their unwanted items anywhere possible rather than taking the items to a recycling centre. It just proves these people are lazy, disrespectful and don't care about the area we live in. These people would no doubt have something to say if someone dumped rubbish outside of their villa and also they will be the first ones to complain when the basura payment increases.

Not if they don't pay Basura they won't!

The Punto Limpio and yourself Steve are indeed an asset to the village. But I'm afraid that only by catching those who don't play by the rules and giving them a good kick in "The Wallet" will this lack of respect for the area and it's people be stopped.

guest21828

Nice post Hogs.

Roger's advice was correct about small amounts of garden cuttings in bags and large items for the Consorcio to remove. This was put in place before the recycling centre was provided for us by the Junta de Andalucia to solve the problem with the old tip and to help keep our area free from dumped rubbish.

It is a long story but the Junta de Andalucia and Medio Ambiente closed the old tip and imposed a large fine on the Town Hall because of the horrible things that were being thrown over the tip face. The Town Hall then managed to get the Junta to build us a recycling centre so that we have somewhere to deposit ALL unwanted items and keep our area free from dumped rubbish. While the recycling centre was under construction the Consorcio did agree to take away garden cuttings in bags and large items otherwise it would have all piled up and been everywhere.

The recycling centre plays an important role in our community, it provides us all with somewhere to deposit our unwanted items, it also helps the Consorcio from increasing the basura payment due to misuse of the street bins and protects our environment from toxic materials that would otherwise be dumped all over the area.

The benefits of having a recycling centre in the village are blatantly obvious, it's a pity some people still continue to abuse the street bins etc.

guest21828

It's a pity the goats don't eat all of the garden cuttings, they are choice diners and have their preferences. At least the goats are getting some benefit from the garden cuttings that have been deposited at the recycling centre, it's a pity they can't get into the street bins for the cuttings some people have filled the bins with.

tandas

Smashing sight this morning goat herd munching their way through garden rubbish at the tip.  That's what I call recycling!  Good job Steve. :bravo_2:

Jellybaby

Me too Clare, it makes me wonder what their houses are like!
Jellybaby

Queen Clare Shirley

Quote from: Jellybaby on October 22, 2017, 16:20:35 PM
:41: it's terrible near the old Sopranos bar in Hortichuela/ Alhambra, people dump all their garden rubbish & unwanted items, have complained to the council who want photos of people doing this, as no houses actually overlook the bins it is impossible to get photos, unless someone sits there all day with a camera. The piles of garden waste are a fire risk, along with pieces of furniture, cardboard, bags full of heaven knows what, it's an absolute disgrace caused by selfish people to idle to either put things in the bins or take them to the recycling center, it makes my blood boil
Jellybaby

I agree we know on the 15th and 29th of each month they pick up furniture so we put our two mattresses out and they were picked up, We never put anything else at the bin as its an eyesore Id love to know who puts their garden rubbish by the other bins near Sopranos
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

guest21828

There is no need to dump unwanted items or fill the street bins with anything other than kitchen refuse because we have a recycling centre in the village. It is such a pity that some people don't care about the area they live in, it also shows their lack of respect for everything and everyone that does care.

The Consorcio will no doubt make an increase to the basura payment because of people that fill the street bins with items other than kitchen refuse. It's not hard to get your unwanted items to a recycling centre one way or another, this keeps our area free from dumped rubbish and helps the basura payment from increasing.

I can't understand how some people continually dump their unwanted items anywhere possible rather than taking the items to a recycling centre. It just proves these people are lazy, disrespectful and don't care about the area we live in. These people would no doubt have something to say if someone dumped rubbish outside of their villa and also they will be the first ones to complain when the basura payment increases.

zilnor

To be fair, it is a similar situation with dumped rubbish in many parts of Europe.

UK and Spain.  We have friends who live near Brussels, Budapest, and the south of France, They all say it is on the increase.

Jellybaby

Jellybaby

tandas

Not just the Brits we've seen Spanish putting everything in yellow bins and breaking the locks off to do so!  Recycling is a laugh here anyway, anything goes it seems!  No way you'd get away with it in UK but then this is Spain!!

zilnor

Welcome to rural, back of beyond Spain.  :72:

It will not change for many years,

gingernut

Sallyb all I will say it's not the Spanish as there are only a few live here and that's not all the time, people who are guilty don't think they are doing anything wrong.

sallyb

I may be wrong but it is mostly the British that do this, would they do it in the UK? not on your life as a hefty fine would be dished out. I would love to catch the b-----s I would snap them on my phone and hand the photo to the TH or Policia Local.
Phyll

pinky

agree gingernut
same here in el chopo  I thought the yellow bins were for recycling :38: :41:

gingernut

The bin men who come to Los Higuerales have put pad locks on the plastics  bins to stop the t*****s putting cardboard and other things in there.

I go up there and empty the bag through the hole it takes minutes,what these other w******s are doing is putting there's in the green rubbish bins which means that they are nearly full and they were only emptied yesterday.

People who know me,know it takes alot to upset me but this has really gripped my s**t.

People will be thinking so what,if there is no room in the green bins they leave there bags on the ground then the Cats or Foxes rip the bags open,and the rubbish ends up all over the place.