Started by the translator, April 11, 2008, 18:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LYNRICH

Quote from: "the translator"let me know the make, model, age (year and month) and il get you a good quote
Call me on 606872955

Regards

Hi there

My parents are just about to start looking into registering their vehicle into Spain.  It is a left-hand drive car and orginally purchased in Malaga (Spain) 07.07.2001.

It was exported to the UK in 13.10.2005.  It is a Citroen Xsara SX 16v.

The Car is in my name, as is the insurance, my parents have copies of my passport, updated padron and NIE.  The vehicle Documents we have are 'Certifie par la presente que le vehicule' translates to 'Certified by the fact that the vehicle'  also 'Impuesto Sobre Vehiculos De Traccion Mecanica'  translates to 'Tax on Vehicle' shows the original spanish number plate.  We are not Spanish residents.

DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO CAN ADVISE ON OUR NEXT STEP???  The UK MOT expires next month so I need to get a move on now.  I believe we cannot get an ITV whilst still UK registered?  Not sure if the lights are OK?  How much would they cost.

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP?

Julie Thornewell  on behalf of Richard Waving

Many thanks  Julie

El C.I.D.

I have a British car to re-register its left hand drive and the lights are correct, when i enquired about it i was quoted 1600 euros by a man in Vera, many people said this was too much. Can somebody please put me on to a reliable source. Or give me instruction if its possible to do it my self. I understand that a CO2 certificate is now required can anyone enlighten me?

El C.I.D.

Thanks Tranlator i will get the documents to you.

Titch

If you can get a certificate of comformity you will not need to pay for an engineers report.  This will be a saving of about 100 euros.  I believe all European cars have one when they are manufactured.  It <b>IS</b> acceptable by the ITV but they may try to say 'no' if you are Brit because the British Motor Industry don't bother with  the C of C.  You could get a garage to contact the manufacturing HQ in Europe on your behalf for a replacement.

If  you have just arived in Spain and if you haven't yet registered on the Padron or have a residencia/or the replacement card, you may be able to IMPORT the car and not pay the 'special registration tax'.  the special registration tax is dependent on the age of the car, engine size and whether diesel or petrol.The Importation route could be cheaper of the value of the car is high.  Don't forget that the Spanish estimation value is usually higher than UK.

Good Luck

Just another expensive chore to do!!!!
Get several quotes so you know which charges are unavoidable  what you are paying for 'them' doing the job for  you.  Don't accept an overall price, it could be a rip off.

the translator

let me know the make, model, age (year and month) and il get you a good quote
Call me on 606872955

Regards