Outlander

Started by felipe, February 24, 2018, 08:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo-JoB

Outlander is really good, but recently I've been watching a Danish series called Forbrydelsen, it is subtitled, but one of the best TV police dramas I have seen in years.

Glenmavis

The filming of outlander is filmed in the studio at my old village of Castlecary in Scotland

Cuidarbol

Outlander is well worth viewing in my opinion along with Vikings, Britannia, Game of Thrones and many more I have watched.

As John P said, Outlander is "sickeningly violent and depraved, so be warned". I would say that Vikings and Britannia also have their fair share of graphic violence etc, there are scenes in all of those series that some people will find graphic. Being on the end of a long sword etc can't be a pretty sight and the series makers have made Outlander as realistic as possible. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than a battle scene and all you see is tomato ketchup being sprayed around with no realistic wounds or death.

Modern warfare can be very distant with all of the technology involved these days, a press of a button sends missiles from miles away to the target without looking into the eyes of the enemy. The battle of Culloden (for example) must have been absolute mayhem, face to face with the enemy, looking into the eyes of the enemy and killing them in whatever way possible.

Whatever the case, a battlefield is something that "man" has started so many times in history but what is it all for and where does it get us all?  

Annastasia

Or the brilliant Game Of Thrones

Optomist

You wont like Vikings or Britania then  John
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

make-space

I agree that it is a brilliant production, but it is also sickeningly violent and depraved, so be warned!

raysun

Great series. Well worth watching

Optomist

Watched season 1 and though it was excellent but that was three and a half years ago but we found that like many mini series or films they are never really as good as the original but still look forward to each season as its released and still find it entertaining .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Onagap

felipe

If you have not heard of or watched this TV series then find it, download and watch it. It is available on IPTV in the box sets.  It is without doubt one of the finest pieces of TV drama in many years. Set mainly in 1745 in Scotland prior to the battle of Culloden. It is filmed, acted and portrayed brilliantly. How it has never been shown on the main UK TV is beyond me. It was on Amazon Prime then last year on More 4. Claire falls through time from 1947 back to 1745. What follows is gripping drama for 3 seasons with season 4 later this year.