Spanish Driving Licence

Started by John and Sue, February 21, 2018, 18:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John and Sue

Thanks everyone
Went today and all sorted.  Thank you John

hank

I received a reminder letter from VdS for my Spanish licence renewal.
The office is open Tues to Fri 10.00am - 1.00pm and Mon & Thurs evenings 17.00pm - 20.30pm.,
Telnos are 677324344 & 607472760.
It is a ground floor yellow building on the opposite corner to Dynos in Calle Ramon y Cajal, Building Almanzora 2.
Hope this is helpful.

Sorry, not on the corner opposite Dynos, but the next corner up on the same side.

If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

Malcolm

Could be earlier, don't worry some folk have gone more than a year before they realised they were out of date.

artie

You can find it on Google street view,Calle Ramon y canal. The second block up from Dynos on the same side.

John and Sue

Thanks Malcolm
I suppose its open at 10
John

Malcolm

John and Sue

what way do you go when at Dynos.
Is it anywhere near the Rambla Cafe

John

artie

I made no appointment just walked in and had it all done there and then. Got a temporary licence all for about 45€. The new licence came in the post about 2 weeks later. This done last month! For once a good Spanish service.

John and Sue

Thanks Malcolm

Do you have to make an appointment

John

Malcolm

50 meters from Dynos, close at 2pm.

John and Sue

Thank you both for your help
where is the virgin de Saliente in Albox

I know where Dynos is, are they open both days.

Thanks  John

Malcolm

Go to Centro Medico y Psycotecnico in Albox, few doors up from Dynos over the new bridge and they will do your medical and skill test and give you an autoriizacion temporal para conducir on the payment of 45 eoros (if your passed 70yrs) which will last for 3 months and your licence should take 3 weeks to come in the post to your house or buzon.

hank

Mine expires very soon as well.
Having Googled extensively for the renewal process I came up with conflicting information, so I asked Maria Luisa (our local Policia Local) what to do and she confirmed that we are not able to renew these ourselves any more but we must use an 'intermediary' such as 'Virgen de Saliente' in Albox, which is a provider of the licence renewal service. (I believe other providers are available).
VdS will conduct a short 'process' which includes an eye test, blood pressure test, computer driving test, take a photo and submit your application on your behalf.
VdS then provide you with a temporary licence, which will tide you over until the new 5 year replacement licence arrives in your mail a week or so later, I believe.
Maria Luisa used VdS herself.
I'm not sure of the cost yet as I'm going there tomorrow to renew mine, but I expect it to be around 50€.
Hope this helps.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

John and Sue

Hello Can anyone help me please

I have just noticed my Spanish Driving Licence has just expired

What is the best way off replacing it please

John