pellet burners.

Started by guest14507, February 20, 2018, 19:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

restoration man

We just bought one from Fontalmanzora,  next to and down from Lidl.  Most helpful and speak English. May not have any on display now cos end of winter season, but will show you options and guide you on size/capacity.

Twittwoo

Hi
We are also interested in a Pellet Burner and just wanted to know if you have invested in one.

Have sent you a private PM.

Kind Regards

guest14507

Kerash.    Thanks for your help.

kerash

Hi. We had a pellet burner for years in the last villa. It was one of the early ones and they fit in to your existing fire space as they need a flu. We have moved into a duplex with no fireplace so have just had an eco forest pellet burner installed and have an external chimney.usage at the end of the day depends on how long, what temperature etc. Recommend good pellets though
Definitely font Almanzora. They have a few in the shop below LIDL but will talk you through them.
Happy hunting.

guest14507

Trucker, Pinky. sorry for the delay in answering, (watching Barcelona/Chelsea on the TV). Thanks very much for your helpful information, I will have a look at both your recommendations tomorrow.

pinky

hello june

we have an inbuilt pellet burner extraflame  comfort plus  top output of 12kw  we have a large area to heat  but it copes easily
on half heat  and uses about half bag pellets per day on for about 8 hours.
very easy to clean and load  pellets ``€3.70 bag.

check  website lanordica  for models.

hope this helps       pinky

Trucker

the chimney tube should go up existing chimney ok, mine goes out through the side wall of room...we have a standard size modern villa with lounge then open arch and door to kitchen..heats that up no problem..you get a choice of quality pellets to burn,,€3 up to €4..if starting the fire first thing and running all day it will use a whole bag..our heat settings are from 1 to 9 and running on 4 will use a bag but house is warm and I dont like cold...running on 2 will use a little over half a bag but this all depends on how warm you want or feel...have found the cheaper ones seem to not burn completely and leaves more gritty ash, the €4 ones just leave a white powder and a little cleaner, the burner we have can be turned on and off by wifi and when away from home and turning on an hour before arriving home is fantastic if been out all day or late home...or if regular times can be set to come on whatever times you want..
We bought ours from Fontalmanzora next to Lidle...cannot fault them at all, he sells Ecoforest burners, very good quality and his after care/service is terrific..not like some i could mention..ours had two hiccups soon after fitting, one evening we called him at 7.50pm and he was at our home at 8.15pm..we had to change our router as that was the fault (old) and he came and set it all up again no problems..
Not difficult to fit as did mine myself, its a modern looking burner not the stand upright sort..he has burners on display and catalogs to view..orders and there in couple of days..
P.s. O so much easier and cleaner than a log burner...

guest14507

I am looking for information on pellet burners, how long does a bag of pellets last, what sort of area will different size burners heat, can I fit it to my existing log burner flue, that sort of thing. I have been to 3/4 shops but it seems the best any of them can do is let me know when they get a catalogue for what ever they have in stock. Are they really that hard to explain? Any help/information will be appreciated.