CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!! Alicante Airport.

Started by cliff, February 21, 2018, 12:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PandJ

Unfortunately it is illegal  in the U.K. To use a private vehicle as a "tax service" as itis clearly stated in your order insurance  policy it is not covered .
You can take family without payment but not any other persons, check your policy
PandJ

guest4538

Quote from: Eddie on February 21, 2018, 18:10:45 PM
Technically any payment for fuel or whatever else you want to call it is illegal and this is the same in the uk.

Sorry, but it's perfectly normal and legal to share fuel costs in the UK (and I assume in all other sensible democratic countries)!

Eddie

Technically any payment for fuel or whatever else you want to call it is illegal and this is the same in the uk.

nibbler

Why not park up go into the airport then get any money there????
Nibbler

guest4538

Quote from: raysun on February 21, 2018, 13:43:19 PM
One of the guys that used to take me years ago i would rather pay him double than kiss or hug him.
Havent had any lady drivers unfortunately.

Any port in a storm springs to mind....

raysun

One of the guys that used to take me years ago i would rather pay him double than kiss or hug him.
Havent had any lady drivers unfortunately.

guest4538

Quote from: raysun on February 21, 2018, 13:24:18 PM
Yes it is and they have noted the same friends dropping people and taking money for some time.
Local taxis have been complaining for years.
Just pay your driver  ( sorry   friend )before you  get to the drop off point and shake hands as if they were your family.
No problem then.

Hugs and kisses might be more effective in fooling the Guardia....

raysun

Yes it is and they have noted the same friends dropping people and taking money for some time.
Local taxis have been complaining for years.
Just pay your driver  ( sorry   friend )before you  get to the drop off point and shake hands as if they were your family.
No problem then.

guest4538

Quote from: cliff on February 21, 2018, 12:30:10 PM
Yesterday a Guardia Civil officer (In Plain clothes) at Alicante Airport, approached a man who was taking money from person he had taken to the airport, and told him that the car was NOT a registered Taxi, and he was breaking the law by accepting money.
The car driver was issued with a "Ticket" covering the "Offence", and told to expect further enquiries by the "Authorities".
As the Officer was in "Civvies'", it would appear that this is a co-ordinated effort to catch "Offenders" at the airport.
Please be careful.

Why? Is it illegal in Spain to contribute towards a friend's fuel costs? 

cliff

Yesterday a Guardia Civil officer (In Plain clothes) at Alicante Airport, approached a man who was taking money from person he had taken to the airport, and told him that the car was NOT a registered Taxi, and he was breaking the law by accepting money.
The car driver was issued with a "Ticket" covering the "Offence", and told to expect further enquiries by the "Authorities".
As the Officer was in "Civvies'", it would appear that this is a co-ordinated effort to catch "Offenders" at the airport.
Please be careful.