Swimming Pool Water-Re filling with calc free water- where from??

Started by JETSKIBALA, April 10, 2018, 15:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JETSKIBALA

Elgin

I would start off asking the the Partaloa Town Hall if you use the tap water to fill the pool... Don't know how much cal it has in it as the analysis undertaken did not show cal levels http://www.partaloa.es/Servicios/Anexos/Anexos.nsf/VAnexos/072-AG-025/$file/Muestra+Red+Piedra+Amarilla+Julio+16.pdf

JETSKIBALA

Hi, Sorry for not replying sooner, but my tab died and I have just received my replacement yesterday so I am back up and running again. Yahoo    :c023:

(Its a shame people make written comments on the forum about someone not replying to posts before they know the situation)  :38:

I was asking for options regarding tanker delivery for the Piedra Amarilla area, we had water before from Gazquez, but wanted to find prices any others had been charged and contact numbers as there is very little in the free magazines or papers, so word of mouth is the only way I find my information.  We rent our house, so bore holes are a no go, and the landlord wants the cheapest but the best water delivered and has left it up to us to sort it out

So I am doing my best   :03:

twojaysalmeria

Elgin

Most interesting post - thank you for taking the time and effort for the OP (shame he/she hasn't replied).

J

Elgin

You are asking for  "calcium free water from the mountains" I suspect that is difficult to find as most of the water in the mountains comes from limestone aquifers.  However, this might not always be the case.

We have no mains water and so the house water came by tanker souced from Velez Blanco.  This water was very high in cal.  For drinking water we go to the fuente 200m away in our rambla.  This water is also high in cal.  However, about 18 months ago we had a borehole drilled and they found water about 100m down.  We have yet to have the water fully analysed but it is quite clear that this water is quite low in cal (kettle doesn't scale up etc.) but does have some salt in it (confirmed by the inspector from the Junta de Andalucia).

Interestingly, if you live around Huércal-Overa, Pulpí, Cuevas del Almanzora and even Arboleas then the tap water has been coming from from the desalination plant in Cuevas del Almanzora and is very low cal (see https://www.galasa.es/administracion/include/fckeditor/ficheros/file/calidad/2015/150706%20Multiparametrico%20ETAP.pdf.  However, I believe that they are filling the reservoir in Cuevas with water from the Negratin so the situation might change.

Accordingly, if you want cal free water you might be better of using tap water or water sourced at lower altitudes.

JETSKIBALA

Hi
Does anyone know who supplies the best and cheapest calc free water from the mountains, we need about 50,000 ltrs to re-ill our pool after re-tiling.

Phone numbers and prices if possible

:c017:

Linda