Today's match

Started by Karen4, June 24, 2018, 11:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doreen1

😴😴😴😴

Well it's a big day for Spain today. They will need to play better than they have done so far. 🇪🇸

Karen4

That Ronaldo boy still has the longest neck I've seen, it rivals that of Pippa Middleton's husband. Look them up. Ronaldo is a jolly good player but seems even more skilled at spotting where the cameras are than where the ball is.....
Cl3880

Karen4

Quote from: twojaysalmeria on June 30, 2018, 17:19:12 PM
France beating Argentina, best moment and game of the tournament so far! Only downside for me was the TV director did NOT go (yet again) to Maradona at the final whistle which really upset me as I was glued to the screen waiting to see that cheating, execrable, drug-taking piece of unspeakable detritus shed some crocodile tears and, hopefully, have to be dragged away by medics, screaming his usual abuse at the world...

Other than that disappointment, really enjoyed the game!

J

Excellent comments!  :laugh:
Cl3880

webejamin

I also agree :grin: at least there were plenty of goals.

Angleseyite

I agree, good game to watch with a good result. I too would have liked a shot of the little telly tubby at the end of the match :grin:

twojaysalmeria

France beating Argentina, best moment and game of the tournament so far! Only downside for me was the TV director did NOT go (yet again) to Maradona at the final whistle which really upset me as I was glued to the screen waiting to see that cheating, execrable, drug-taking piece of unspeakable detritus shed some crocodile tears and, hopefully, have to be dragged away by medics, screaming his usual abuse at the world...

Other than that disappointment, really enjoyed the game!

J

Angleseyite

Quote from: Tetley on June 29, 2018, 15:01:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGpzTsiOtGk&feature=onebox  Looked like a good goal.

It was a well taken goal, I don't  think the goalie was at fault, even I wouldn't have got to it :grin:

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Biggin

Well last night game nothing more than a reserve match as England made 8 changes and Belgium 9 with Belgium winning meaning England are in the easier half of the draw provided they get pat Columbia on Tuesday

Jimel

Quote from: doreen1 on June 26, 2018, 19:15:54 PM
Really K, I thought you liked football, you seem so knowledgable 😂😂👍🏻

😁😁😁😁😁😁

casablanca

Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on June 28, 2018, 13:49:01 PM
Germany out, the last time was 1938, lets hope they take it better !!

:grin:

raysun

Spare a thought for paul gazcoyne ( cant spell name. )  Its a disease and unfortunately maradona is in the same boat.
There but for the grace go i.  !!!

webejamin

Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on June 28, 2018, 13:49:01 PM
Make you right there :shocked:

PhillipJLloyd

doreen1

Maradona is typical example of a drug taking ****. I think I heard he was also reprimanded in the tunnel for swearing at the players. PRIZE IDIOT.

nibbler

Did anyone who watched the Argentina match, see Maradona give the finger to someone at the end of the match? What was that all about.???

Nibbler.

DLMcN

Quote from: sallyb on June 24, 2018, 20:27:18 PM
In my humble opinion it is the worst world cup I have ever seen not one team stands out as favourite.

SallyB - [and Biggin and Karen4] - for "sparkling entertainment" you could perhaps have tried watching a bit of cricket as well? > https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jun/27/england-australia-twenty20-international-match-report
... i.e., witnessing an outstanding England team in action. The fifth ODI was particularly absorbing... [I am also following the soccer, incidentally: intuitively, I suggest that it would better if England could avoid playing against Colombia in the knockout stage?]

Angleseyite

Quote from: Lynden on June 27, 2018, 12:57:35 PM
Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on June 27, 2018, 12:45:47 PM
Prime Minister today encouraging the flying of the England flag in support of the England team.
Wait for the How offensive fallout !!!
Already started. On Tv this morning someone moaning about flying the English Flag.
Welsh, Irish and Scottish Nationalism is embraced and celebrated, so its about time the English had the same right. Reclaim the English Flag and tell the nut jobs who flaunt it to do one.

Totally agree, fly the flag and be proud, UK needs a lift, I can never understand the problem with flying the English flag.

doreen1

Well said Chilleagle 👏🏼

Yes Lynden big shock in the S Korea, Germany match. Didn't see that coming.

Lynden

Well done S Korea.... Germany back home........also congrats to Sweden.

PhillipJLloyd

Totally agree, if you don't like the national flag of a country, simple answer, MOVE.

Lynden

Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on June 27, 2018, 12:45:47 PM
Prime Minister today encouraging the flying of the England flag in support of the England team.
Already started. On Tv this morning someone moaning about flying the English Flag.
Welsh, Irish and Scottish Nationalism is embraced and celebrated, so its about time the English had the same right. Reclaim the English Flag and tell the nut jobs who flaunt it to do one.

PhillipJLloyd

Karen4

Cl3880

Biggin

Karen not long to Premier League starts and not to long after The Champions league , and then the European Qualifiers oops seem like football is all year round :grin:

Lynden

Argentina scraped through tonight.......what's going on.....I'll bet they'll play a lot better if England are their opponents.

doreen1

Really K, I thought you liked football, you seem so knowledgable 😂😂👍🏻

Karen4

To be honest Billy, there's not much of it that isn't boring, for me anyhow! At least the football isn't on all year round, oh, wait a minute... :laugh: :laugh:
Cl3880

Biggin

Today saw the first 0-0 of the world cup between France and Denmark boring game

PhillipJLloyd

Overpaid players influencing the ref and result of the game !!

webejamin

I watched both games and I've never seen such bad reffing. It's almost like they're obsolete and anyone can draw a telly in the air to stop the game and get some dullard to decide by watching the telly for a few minutes.
I blame the Russians.

doreen1

Spain were very lucky. We were out watching it. All our friends wiped their brows and said they thought it was all over.
Spain still don't look convincing though.

Lynden

Spain certainly got out of jail tonight. Pique should have been off....a handball and a two footed tackle to boot. Their 2nd goal came from a corner which should not have happened as the ball was clearly out before the cross. 90 seconds from disaster.
Still they needed a fillip after Ronaldo robbed them last week. Looks like Uraguay in the next round....tough test.
Portugal were also lacklustre tonight but a great goal.
The VAR seems to be a mixed bag, needs more thought and time.

webejamin

To be honest, I think this VAR thing will ruin the game after tonight's two games. Turned it into a ref and tv show, load of old tosh ::)

Rtis

Quote from: felipe on June 25, 2018, 09:01:28 AM
What about the female commentator? My own view is that I did not like it. It is now the same with cricket ladies voices to not sound right when commentating. Don't know why but they just do not. We had a discussion about it at the Queen Tribute night and all 4 ladies agreed that they prefer men to commentate, two of them are very keen cricket watchers. All watch the football too. Bet rugby will be next.

The female commentator on another match was very boring, we mostly watch the matches on Spanish tv, the atmosphere is fantastic,it is non stop commentating and ANY team getting a goal the commentators go Ballistic !!!