Paint

Started by MigMan, August 04, 2018, 17:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amanda Oakley

Many thanks.....
Our problem is the old stone walls and damp !!! Migman you have hit the nail on the head !!!!
Really useful advice
Thanks to all !!!!
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

MigMan

Yes good question ill let you know, but yes you defiantly mix with water (10%) I was told. As I said the last time I painted my house it was with the basic cheap emulsion from Tapia and to be honest just like the white I buy from them that I use on all the out side walls of the house, garage and garden walls its been brilliant. The only reason I have chose to try another brand is the colours from Tapia are limited.
I will continue to buy my white from them as its good quality and not expensive.
I have 3 walls in my house that no matter how much you spend on paint it will always flake off, due to damp coming up through the rock/earth. Like many old Spanish homes this is a common problem, over the years I have experimented with various ideas to try and over come the problem including chiseling back to bare stone and applying bitumen, then I tried PVA, foil you name it I have tried it. Even re plastering with swimming pool cement instead of yesu didn't work, hence the reason a lot of homes are tiled to hide this problem.
Not saying this is causing your problem but certainly is here. !!!! Regards Rodg

rt21

Amanda

Some years ago I was forever repainting my boundary walls with white emulsion that seemed to peel off every six months. However since buying and applying a proprietary sealant to the wall the problem has stopped.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it as I am back in UK at moment.

Richard

felipe

Amanda, my son in law Andrew (True Colours) uses Kyrotex and Pinay paint. Mixes water with them and Pinay has a 10 year guarantee. Expensive, but well worth it. He just finished painting our house with Pinay. When he last did it 5 years ago he used Pinay and it lasted. Only reason for a repaint was new colour. There was no cracking or peeling off. But, unlike some people, he mixes with water as per instructions. When used neat it will peel off.

Amanda Oakley

Hi

Question.... is this "proper" emulsion paint ???? ie. no plastic which means it flakes off quickly ???? true water based ????
Serious question as would love to find a paint that will stay on our walls !!!!
Regards
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

MigMan

Hi, been and bought the 1st batch of paint from supin box in Huercal today. Very helpfull especially as we needed it mixing to the colours we chose. Many thanks for all your feed back.
Kind regards Rodg

MigMan

Ok yes I know the shop didn't realize it was the same company, thanks we will use them. Thank you to you all much appreciated. Kind regards Rodg

Elgin

MigMan -  As you are seem to be local to Huercal-Overa you ought to note that Supinbox have a shop in Huercal-Overa as well (on the bottom road opposite the Chinese restaurant - used to a Cajamar Branch)

telcaz

Glad you got sorted.
                          Terry

MigMan

Hi just thought I would let you know been into that shop today and yes very good, the English speaking guy wasn't in but got by ok. They do a paint manufactured by JOTAN which when I did a little research are based in Norway. To cut a long story short as an engineer for a moto race team based in Norway I gave one of the riders I look after a call and yes they do manufacture JOTUN paint there which is not the cheapest on the market but is of the best quality.
Coming from personal that are used to working with only the best quality products for maximum performance their word and reccomedation is more than good enough for me.
Thank you again and HOPE this of some use to some one else looking for quality
Regards Rodg

MigMan

Brilliant we will try them next week.
                                                            Regards Rodg

telcaz

Depending on where you live of course, but i have always used "Su Pinbox" just before you get into Albox, opposite the BP pètrol station, they have an English lad working there, and very helpful.
                                                                                                               Terry

MigMan

Hi do we have any painter decorator experts out there who could advice on where to buy good quality emulsion paint. I'm looking at painting the whole interior of the house including bathrooms,kitchens etc.
The last time I did it I used Tapia paint (jafep) Stilo and yes it's been ok  but the colours are very limited . Huercal area has a shop on the bottom road but never heard of the brand's and seam pricey to me but they are probably the top of the range paint, however unless you are familiar with the brand's such as Dulux trade back in the UK then you could find yourself spending a lot of money on paint that is not as good as good as it should be for the money. Don't mind spending the asking the price if it's good quality ,I think 65 euros for 10 litres was their price, this is mixed to any colour you want, but as I say it could be top quality stuff. If any one could shed some light on this that would be great. Regards Kingman.