Community law in favour of president and former president!

Started by anita, January 22, 2019, 11:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin

I would check to see if their trading legally ie registered with the tax office, paying their social security payment each month, have the correct licences and properly insured to run the business from home. Do they also have any details on their property showing details of the name and type of business and check the deeds of management to see if running a business from home is allowed
Mike

Tetley

Quote from: anita on January 22, 2019, 11:20:11 AM
My aunt and uncle are in their late 70's and have decided to sell their apartment in Marbella (expensive area) to avoid the family having to pay inheritance tax, they are going to divide the proceeds between all the family; they placed an advert on the terrace of their apartment and were inundated with calls, many of course were Estate Agents.   They received a call from the community office telling them to remove their sign as they were contravening community rules, they had no idea of this rule.   They queried it and were told in 2017 the president decided there were to be no for sale signs, he claimed it was voted and approved, to sell through the agents will cost them about 12000 euro and they really do not need an agent, they are on the Marina.   The community has a meeting in March which they plan to attend,  can they stop this ruling on no advertising.   The former present has set up an Estate Agents and has a plaque fixed to the main entrance advertising her business which she runs from her apartment, she is selling all the properties, the other agents are also complaining they cannot get a look in and she is making a nice profit, there is definitely something immoral going on here, any ideas on what they can do please, help would be appreciated.

first port of call is the local police/town hall and see if there any by laws regarding for sale signs on propertys if the answer in NO

just tell the president to stop taking the xiss and put a sale board up these comunity presidents spend most of there time chasing late comunity fees or non payers,having to listen to punters that have paid with a list of work they want doing.....a doubt wether the punters will allow there presi to start blowing money on lawyers.... over a small sign especialy if the pool man needs paying

also stick  adverts on e bay & rightmove & the facebook sites they all work.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Karen4

I suspect the best thing is to get proper legal advice on this, and I think it would be well worth your while contacting Citizens' Advice in Spain to start with, as they have a legal team who can advise you. www.citizensadvice.org.es and they also have a very active Facebook page if you have access to this, they're at Citizens Advice Bureau Spain.
Cl3880

Lynne

Can they not still sell with their preferred agent/s but instruct them that no advertising board is shown?
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

anita

My aunt and uncle are in their late 70's and have decided to sell their apartment in Marbella (expensive area) to avoid the family having to pay inheritance tax, they are going to divide the proceeds between all the family; they placed an advert on the terrace of their apartment and were inundated with calls, many of course were Estate Agents.   They received a call from the community office telling them to remove their sign as they were contravening community rules, they had no idea of this rule.   They queried it and were told in 2017 the president decided there were to be no for sale signs, he claimed it was voted and approved, to sell through the agents will cost them about 12000 euro and they really do not need an agent, they are on the Marina.   The community has a meeting in March which they plan to attend,  can they stop this ruling on no advertising.   The former present has set up an Estate Agents and has a plaque fixed to the main entrance advertising her business which she runs from her apartment, she is selling all the properties, the other agents are also complaining they cannot get a look in and she is making a nice profit, there is definitely something immoral going on here, any ideas on what they can do please, help would be appreciated.