La Cena

Started by Izzyw, May 12, 2019, 16:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharon123

Yes we went there 2 weeks ago and had not been for a while had to wait ages for a booked table then the people that came in after us whom were booked same time as I asked them what time was their bookin was shown table   before us, I was going to argue my case but my husband said just leave it, and as only one of us drank, there was no half bottle even though its not even in a bottle, so they could have done it, were given menu and the women came back same time to get our order as she did with people before us, I said I need a bit more time than 5 mins to discuss and choose. The food was nice but yes the amount is for a child and when I asked if it came with veg and what potato  was it boiled or chips I was told  told oh yes, veg and Dauphinoise potato, but the veg was no where to be seen apart for some carrot and pea mixed in with the main part and mash. Oh yes may be same day we went because we complained about the ladies toilet, went in and came out without using it was that bad.
So no will go to meson Irene from now on. As KJH3 said I think regulars get better treatment. But your not going to be a regular with the way they treat some people. The fact that we didn't have a drink while we waited also in my opinion was not liked, I think one reason it stays busy is because it's one of only a few around the area that is like a proper restaurant and not a cafe with no table cloth and being served by someone in a pair of cut down jeans and shabby t.shirt.

raysun

Stopped going18 months ago. We liked the table set up and liked the food.
It was the condescending attitude of the owners that put us off.
Having trained in the Hotel management  sector many moons ago first priority is to keep the customer happy once they book a table. 
However they  continue to be busy it seems  so they must be doing something right.
Good luck  to them.

KJH3

We went back to the La Cena on Friday night for the first time in 18 months, we stopped going due to uninteresting menu that had not changed for a few years and customer service that was, well lets say abrupt. The menu had changed slightly and the food was good but certainly not as good and varied as available elsewhere if one travels a bit further. The service was as before, inattentive. Those dining who are on christian name terms with the owner and who were obviously regulars were receiving much better service. One of the females in my party recoiled at the state of one of the ladies toilets and politely informed the owner. The response was "well they were all right when we opened" she did go and look and after a while she came back and just said "sorted, not a problem" not even a thank you for informing me. I am also a non drinker and have had conversations with her before on this topic. Surely if i am not drinking the wine she supplies a glass of water would be fair compensation? but no, its a blank, if you want water you have to pay for it.
I dont go out for meals to find fault or pick arguments, so we will again avoid and travel a bit further afield, the drive is worth the effort.

Izzyw

Disappointing. Our first visit was last night, it will be our last.
Quality/quantity of food was a joke. My Thai vegetable curry mainly had large chunk's of pineapple in it. My husband's pork dish would have fed a child.
The chocolate desert, was the strangest tasting chocolate cake we have ever been served and was not eaten.
Management were not welcoming and the service was appalling, even though it wasn't overly busy.
Our last irritation was that we don't drink wine, so I would have thought that they could have thrown in 4 fanta drink's, but no, we were charged just over â,¬42 for the 3 0f us!
Our friend did enjoy her starter (fishcakes) her main meal was also enjoyed (steak) chocolate pudding not enjoyed.