Traveling to spain from UK

Started by Karen65, June 23, 2019, 11:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen65

Thanks for taking the time to share your travel experience with me it was really useful thank you

Chris B

Hi Karen, I drove down to Arboleas in April, We came through the tunnel (£89) left Calais at 07.30 went Le mans, Tours, Bordeaux. Irun then stopped 19.30 in the evening at Noain. Booked a cheap hotel on airbb (45 euros) set off at 08.30 Zaragoza, teruel, Alicante, Murcia then Arboleas,
I used toll roads all the way except the AP7 I used the A7, arrive in Arboleas at 16.30, approx 130 euros in tolls and 3 1/2 tanks of fuel.

Angleseyite

It depends on what you want out of the journey other than to arrive safe. I find that it is probably marginally cheaper to go through France. But I take my time and have at least 3 nights in a hotel of a reasonable standard, not the Ibis sort, and enjoy the scenery. I have taken the UK to Spain ferries also, including the mini cruise and commodore class cabins, but sailing is not for me or my wife. Cost wise around about £750 to £1k inc fuel costs, meals, hotels etc, depending on your preference, you could do it cheaper, but that's the sort of cost I consider it will be.

Karen65

Hi,hope I’m posting this in the right place! Could I ask a bit of info please about travelling from the uk to spain, which has been the best way (ferries, prices)etc.. ,for you! we’re in the process of buying in Arboleas at the moment, many thanks in advance.