Meson Irene

Started by guitarman, August 08, 2019, 13:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliffkingfish

We  visited Meson Irene on Wednesday night and  the food was excellent , the service was great and the staff were happy in their work,  the only negative I had was they removed plates from our table before  I had finished my meal .

KJH3

I also stopped going and had not been for nearly 2 years as the standards had dropped in food quality. I went again 2 months ago on recommendation and was not disappointed.  The food quality was excellent and service prompt and attentive. We have been twice since and been pleased with everything.
It's like all things in life , we all like different things  and have different attitudes and expectations.  On my last visit there was a party of 6 on the next table. The "leader of the pack" was a lady who was old enough to know better. The way she spoke (loudly )and beckoned with waving arms was embarrassing to watch and uncomfortable to listen too.  Not a please or thank you and the tone was dismissive.  If I had been the person serving,  her meal would have ended up on her lap. After 20 odd years in the trade in the UK I too have experienced the "group organiser" , not pleasant people to deal with.
My advice would be give it a try. It's your opinion that counts not other people's. 

Steve c

We have also seen bad reviews of late of Meson Irene, but we have been twice in the last month both without booking. Food was really nice as good as a couple of years ago when we went more regularly. The service was very efficient and the young lady that served us was very pleasant. The coffee was also very nice and hot more than in most Spanish places where coffee is served lukewarm. We will definitely be going back again

Lynne

Everything was good when Isidro was there and we used to go quite often as it's very local.  The food and service then were second to none.  The last three times we've been there were only a couple more tables occupied just before we were leaving so the atmosphere wasn't good.  Although there was nobody there for the first 45 minutes, the service was very poor.  The last time we went was with family a couple of weeks ago and it was good to see it very nearly full - unfortunately it will most likely be the last time we go.  We all ordered from the dearest menu and only got one plate of salad between the 6 of us.  The avocado & prawn starter was almost devoid of avocado and prawns, mainly just salad - which made up for the lack of salad to start off with.  The sauce on my fish was inedible.  We missed the lovely little chocolate covered ice cream that used to come with the coffee and the coffee was so weak that it could have been anything mixed with milk. Three of the puddings were off the menu and the lemon mousse, which has always been superb, was thick and stodgy and not as strong as previously.  Such a shame.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

lmj52

Ah it’s a pity, as it used to be good and is near to us.
Will look somewhere else then. Thanks for the feedback
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Greg

Went in July on a Friday Night, hadn't been for over 12 months and saw bad reports, may be because of this very few people there compared to previous years. The menu was very similar to previous and service and quality good. Booked to again with friends to go again shortly. Well worth a try.

shadeseeker

Last time we went was on a Wednesday evening about 2-3 months ago. We ordered and then told no so ordered something else,5 mins later she came back and said no, no chicken breast only leg so we had fish not good. Last time I looked they will only accept you on a Saturday if you book. Not been back since.
It's a shame as we used to go a lot and take family there when they were over.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

lmj52

We too would like some updates. When Nico ran it after Isidro it was good. Was disappointed with the new people last year, standards not good. Would love to hear positive reports.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

guitarman

Anyone been to Meson Irene lately? We used to go there a lot years ago when Isidro and his wife were there. Is it still good?