ITV (MOT)

Started by GRACAR, August 17, 2019, 18:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRACAR

So, yesterday morning, Monday, I went along to 'Jimenez y Garcia', the Peugeot Dealer in Albox, and told them that the ITV had failed my car again, with the same problem on the lights, that they had attended to and charged me Euros 80.  They took another look, and I picked the car up in the afternoon.  They told me not to touch the adjustment wheel (I assumed they had set it at zero, as each time, the ITV examiner had leaned across and set the wheel at zero).  However, they had set it at '1', so I drove back to the Peugeot Dealer and told them of my concerns, reiterating that the ITV examiner would simply lean across (as he had done on the 2 previous occasions) and set the wheel to zero - in which case the car would fail AGAIN.  An appointment had already been made for the ITV the following morning (Tuesday 20 August, at 9.27am).  The Peugeot Garage said they would take the car to the test centre whilst I waited in Albox.  Lo and behold it passed (and I am very pleased, not to say relieved).  I did ask what the engineer had done to get around the problem with the ITV man setting the wheel to zero, but was told they didn't know and anyway, the engineer was now at lunch.  They've insisted on charging me a further Euros 54.58 (that's around Euros 135 in all).  Needless to say, I'm NOT happy with the incompetence of the Peugeot Dealer and won't we using them again!  Am I being unreasonable, do you think?  I don't think so.

RedEyes

I had a similar problem.  Dealer did a 'pre-ITV check' and pronounced the car as OK.  Took it to ITV station and it failed.  Back to dealer and explained what had happened.  Dealer then took the car to ITV on my behalf ... and it was passed!!  Since then, I get the dealer to check the car and then take it to the ITV.  Cost a few euros more, but a guaranteed pass every time.   

GRACAR

Having a bit of trouble getting my Peugeot ITV'd.  I took it along to the ITV Station in Albox on Friday morning.  It failed, on account of the headlights being set too high.  So, took it along to the Peugeot dealership in Albox, told them the issue, and they put it on the ramp and charged me around Euros 80 for realignment, one bulb renewal and polishing of one headlight lens.  Took it along to the ITV station this morning and it has failed again on the same issue!  By this time, the Peugeot dealership had shut for the week-end, so I shall have to wait until Monday morning.  I hate confrontation, especially in a language I'm not overly familiar with, so I'm hoping they're reasonable, have another crack at it and I can then make another appointment to have it ITV'd - hopefully with a happier outcome.  It seems such a palaver and all in all, I will have been without a legally roadworthy vehicle for around 4 days through no fault of my own.  Has anyone else had similar hassle with a simple ITV?