Happy Garden, Wednesday 11th September

Started by KJH3, September 13, 2019, 10:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesleysivo

We totally agree...found a similar experience last wednesday evening...other diners getting louder and louder as the alcohol flowed then the last straw was when one of the younger female waitresses knocked my drink over....no apology, no replacement drink not even a nod...very ignorant! So our next visit will not be any time soon!

KJH3

We realise this will not be a popular post as we know its a liked and busy restaurant, but my experience below is genuine and is how we found it. I have twice in the past declined to stay after arriving here as the tables were laid out in bench fashion, rather like school lunch rooms, and the general amount of people making a dreadful noise, each one speaking louder and louder to make themselves heard.  However
We booked in person at the weekend for a table on Wednesday night at 7pm. We arrived at 6.50 and it was already resembling a cattle market with people standing around waiting everywhere who had not booked. I found the waitress who had taken our booking and it transpired a table had not been reserved. we were shown to a table in the corner, one where they drop off surplus glasses and cutlery from other tables. It was not dressed in any way(tablecloth etc) and we sat there unattended for 30 minutes. We were then asked to order drinks however the table was still not cleared of debris. The drinks arrived and our order was taken by a waiter who looked as if he didnt want to be there. Our starters arrived at 7.55, an hour and 5 minutes after arriving, but the table had not been cleared or dressed, no plates, napkins, cutlery, so the food stood on the edge of the table why he went away to get the necessary items. The rest of the meal arrived in good time and to be fair was good quality with portions if anything too generous but thats not a complaint.
At this point i made my observations to the waitress, who spent the evening running round like a headless chicken, in a place and manner where no one else would hear. At no time was i offered an apology for the dreadful way we had been treated. It is clear they try to seat too many people for the amount of staff they have on. I am not sure if the kitchen can cope with the number of customers but looking around,  long delays were the norm which is not good.  As well as the quality of the food, service is part of the experience of dining out.  We have been in other local eating places where they advise you of any delays and waiting times, which is good practice,  We paid in full and left, leaving a tip, as its not the staffs fault that the management fail at managing.
Will i go back, no, i cannot accept this as representative of service we have come to experience at other places in the region, this is the worse experience in all my years in Spain.
Like i said above this is an honest appraisal of the night i was extremely embarrassed in front of my friends who are out on holiday.