La Cassita

Started by alto dogs, October 05, 2019, 09:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEyes

Quote from: byrney on October 08, 2019, 15:07:34 PM
"The rest carry on" - incorrect.

By 'carry on', I meant they were not going to be forcibly closed for a month (unlike one bar which where all this nonsense started).  There was also the caveat that the number of events per year would be limited to 12.

I have no doubt it will affect a number of venues, but I'm not convinced that entertainment is a main source of income after all the additional costs have been covered.

byrney

"The rest carry on" - incorrect.

I know at least one bar which has stopped all it's entertainment.

I am sure that more will have to follow.  Many bars rely on entertainment as their main sources of income.

I envisage those that do will ultimately have to close - especially now the Winter months approach.

RedEyes

Quote from: byrney on October 05, 2019, 19:54:59 PM
........ except shortly in Zurgena when all the bars reliant upon entertainment have to close down..........

AFAIK, only one bar has been ordered to close for a month. The rest carry on, but with strict limitations on the number of music events they may hold (12 per year, I believe).

However, it is going to affect all the businesses and no doubt it will cost them money, in one way or another, to comply with the regulations.

byrney

The point is Sharon that many of our local bars rely on entertainment to keep their heads above the water.

I am opening a book on the order on which they close down......I have at least four on the top of my list, oh, and a Spanish bar as well........

sharon123

Why have they got to close. That includes union, corner, la Vida and so on does it, that's not good.

byrney

Maybe a problem with the customer then rather than the business?

Anyway, not to worry, if alto dogs doesn't like it there are plenty of other bars withing striking distance of Casita to choose from so I'm sure s/he won't go short.

As has been said many times on here, it's all down to personal preference and we are blessed by the number of available bars - except shortly in Zurgena when all the bars reliant upon entertainment have to close down..........

Angleseyite

Same for me too Bryn's, never a problem always a pleasant experience on our part, and we go at least once a week.

byrney

Never had a problem there and the tapas is excellent.

alto dogs

We had hoped that  with its new extention the service and attitude of the staff had also improved. It has not. Just blatently rude. Why work there if you resent your customers so?