Main Menu

Musicians

Started by jonandeve, July 31, 2020, 16:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twojaysalmeria

I bet he’s everywhere and nowhere now though  :grin:
[/quote]

Oh did you have to? Now that ^&%$£! tune's in my head.

Thanks...

owdoggy

Quote from: lmj52 on September 14, 2020, 14:40:47 PM

Yer nob  :grin:

Doggy

lmj52

Quote from: twojaysalmeria on September 14, 2020, 13:02:59 PM
I still have nightmares about the time I was in a club band and the 'leader' absolutely insisted we play Hi Ho Silver Lining every gig.

*Shudder*

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

owdoggy

Quote from: twojaysalmeria on September 14, 2020, 13:02:59 PM
I still have nightmares about the time I was in a club band and the 'leader' absolutely insisted we play Hi Ho Silver Lining every gig.

*Shudder*

Ooof!  :shocked:

Doggy

twojaysalmeria

*Shudder*

owdoggy

Quote from: jonandeve on September 14, 2020, 12:53:43 PM
Rather Hey Joe and Cocaine than Mustang Sally!

Aye, very true....... forgot about that one  :))

Doggy

jonandeve

Rather Hey Joe and Cocaine than Mustang Sally!

Quote from: owdoggy on August 03, 2020, 11:06:04 AM
Welcome!!!

If I remember correctly there's a jam night at Harley's in Arboleas this Thursday which would be a good place to start. There's quite a few local musicians go to that one.
I don't go to them myself (there's only so many times a man can hear "Hey Joe" and "Cocaine" murdered in one lifetime :)) )

The best of luck with whatever you do and welcome to the joys of gigging in 35+ degree heat  8)

Gissa shout if you want a (socially distanced) chat.

Doggy

owdoggy

Welcome!!!

If I remember correctly there's a jam night at Harley's in Arboleas this Thursday which would be a good place to start. There's quite a few local musicians go to that one.
I don't go to them myself (there's only so many times a man can hear "Hey Joe" and "Cocaine" murdered in one lifetime :)) )

The best of luck with whatever you do and welcome to the joys of gigging in 35+ degree heat  8)

Gissa shout if you want a (socially distanced) chat.

Doggy

jonandeve

Hi everyone,
The Missus and I have just retired and we will now be spending most of our time in our place in Los Carrascos.

I have been a gigging musician in the UK for more years than I care to remember, and I would love to meet similar-minded individuals to join or form a band with the intention of gigging in Spain.

About me - I am nearly 60, and I play saxophone and rhythm guitar. Vocally, I have a range of about half an octave, so BVs are not my strong point!

I have one of my tenor saxes here in Spain, I also brought out an old Telecaster and a Marshall amp, so I am kitted up and ready to go. Material-wise, I have played all kinds of stuff over the years. At present I am playing in the UK with a five-piece ska/reggae/soul/rock covers band.  Here's a video https://youtu.be/9HYgfoVZMKQ

So, after all this rambling, where do I go to meet fellow musicians?   

Thanks,

Jon