Kent Brexitanian Lorry park....

Started by Tetley, October 16, 2020, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajc

Webb’s I’m sure you are correct but I have Spanish friends and they continually moan about the mistakes made within the Spanish gov regarding covid yet nothing seems to get an airing on here and here is where many on this forum live, it’s only ever the failings (plenty) of the UK.

webejamin

It's in em ajc, and they just gotta get it out. :grin: All to do with Brexit, nothing else :grin:

ajc

Lynden it’s all about having a dig at the UK !
I don’t know why there is such a hatred.

webejamin

Thank God these countries are stopping movements to and from the UK. It should have been done months ago, because covid certainly came into the UK from abroad.
Any country so over populated as the UK, is bound to lose control of any pandemic on the prod.
You only have to look at the news reels about London to see why the UK is in this situation.

Lynden

This new strain is throughout Wales apparently, as well as the South East. No one should be contemplating travel to the UK or from. But wrong thread Johnny, should be on Covid one.

Johnny73

Ireland has now followed the others and are stopping all travel into Ireland from Britain from midnight.
Sad for those with tickets booked and plans all made but with the way its going in England its probably for the best.
What a mess.

Lynden

The fish issue is far more important to the EU. The French catch more than 80% of their CFP quotas from UK waters. Tens of thousands of EU jobs rely on it. I’m sure the UK would accommodate the EU if only they would accept what is the UK’s to determine.
Macron has been the finest gift to the Brexiteers this Christmas.

steveconway24

Most of the cod eaten in UK is imported from Iceland, China and Norway. Most of fish the UK catch in UK waters is exported.
So why is this such a problem?
The UK can eat what they catch, the EU can import from from Iceland, China/Norway.

Simple answers are normally the best way to go or am I missing something?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/511023/cod-import-value-united-kingdom-uk-country-of-origin/

Lynden

Quote from: Johnny73 on December 20, 2020, 10:39:12 AM
Oohh, a bit tetchy today Lyndie,   I said MAIN. Focus not the only focus.
A bit above your reading age possibly.
Relax, won't be long now  and you should be more worried about all the Londoners arriving in the Shires today.😷😷
Not at all Johnny old bean. I wouldn’t say it was the main focus. Barnier is too busy trying to get the one way deal on level playing field. These EU lot are so scared it’s almost funny. You’re right of course, not long now, WTO and no fish for EU. That’s unless the Countries themselves grow a pair.

Johnny73

Oohh, a bit tetchy today Lyndie,   I said MAIN. Focus not the only focus.
A bit above your reading age possibly.
Relax, won't be long now  and you should be more worried about all the Londoners arriving in the Shires today.😷😷

Lynden

Quote from: Johnny73 on December 20, 2020, 09:45:10 AM
Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage retweeted one video comparing the situation to the Second World War, saying: "Congratulations Prime Minister and your experts, you have caused the first evacuation of London since 1939. 

And in the middle of all this the main focus is on a few fish.!!
January is going to be real interesting.
If you think this is just about fish you haven’t got a clue.

Johnny73

Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage retweeted one video comparing the situation to the Second World War, saying: "Congratulations Prime Minister and your experts, you have caused the first evacuation of London since 1939. 

And in the middle of all this the main focus is on a few fish.!!
January is going to be real interesting.

lmj52

Huge queues coming out of London this morning, a bit like the evacuation in 1939 I’m told.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

lmj52

Yes maz true, but the consumer decides to buy or not. It’s like anywhere. Personally I try to buy locally produced stuff. It’s a bit like New Zealand lamb, why on earth would you buy that? Welsh lamb is far superior, and in Spain very good lamb comes from Lubrin.  :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Well at least you wont be short of home grown cabbage  Dears ,makes nice soup as well with mushrooms and rice flower.  :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

MAZ4929

You are just as likely to be eating Fruit and Veg from Morocco in Spain as we are in the UK.
Morocco exports approx 242,000 metric tons of citrus fruits and vegetables into Spain every year, a fair proportion of which is sold in supermarkets as often they are cheaper than home produce fruit and veg.

What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.

Lynden

I dare say most of the workers on the Spanish farms are Moroccan anyway.......in the U.K. probably Eastern European. Those Moroccan fruit and veggies must comply with the rules of the EU so no problem then.

lmj52

Moroccan tomatoes, you really are living dangerously  :laugh:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

webejamin

Quote from: Johnny73 on December 19, 2020, 13:48:15 PM
Yes, that recycled water in Morocco is great for tomatoes.🍅🍅

:)) :))  Bit like all that manure they spray on Spanish tomatoes eh? Same as English tomatoes too :))
I ordered a load of manure fer me garden last Winter, but when it turned up it woz a load of old crap :)) :))

Tetley

Quote from: Johnny73 on December 19, 2020, 13:48:15 PM

be Brexitania  Moroccan care homes soon as well........once thee you folks is ex communicated   :afro:

even mi Mams learning Urdo bless in readiness for old folks big hoose    :laugh:

im polishing marble pillar bases wi this on in shed   chill out a bit wi diamond polisher get in the natural stone zone  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvRQtbqLPK8
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Johnny73

webejamin

But yer all fergetin those remainer MPs and other types, that went running to Brussels with all the info they could muster, to give it to the EU negotiating team in order to get Brexit turned over. They've spent every minute since the referendum whinging and whining to the likes of Barmier, to save their poor little EU infected arses.
What would have happened if we were at war with, or being threatened by another nation? Don't need a pencil for that one do we. :grin:

But, we're out now, in spite of all the quislings :shocked: and things won't be anywhere near as bad as many of you think. In fact, it's going to be better, coz we'll make it better. :))

Had some lovely Moroccan tomatoes today from Tesco :grin:   

MAZ4929

Quote from: Johnny73 on December 19, 2020, 13:10:47 PM
Are we there yet ?? 😊😊

Be it with a deal or without a deal I wish we were!
Businesses need to know where they stand so that they can prepare for the future.
What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.

Johnny73

MAZ4929

Quote from: Angleseyite on December 19, 2020, 11:10:01 AM
Quote from: lmj52 on December 19, 2020, 10:02:51 AM
Well it does show the mentality of those that keep harping about a no deal, they still don’t get it.
I wonder who they’ll blame next :grin:
It'll be the remainers fault, somehow or other, it certainly won't be the responsibility of the "B's" because they are not responsible for anything other than their thumb print (X) on a ballot paper a long time ago and that's it :grin:

Other than blaming remainers for prolonging leaving the EU with their anti-democratic protests and court cases, most brexiteers I know say if it goes pear shape then they will accept all the consequences, but state that at least it will have gone pear shape by something that british democracy decided and not some unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.
Nelson Mandela.

Angleseyite

Tetley

is this the right thread for vaccinations ,by there is some brain donner,s about  Brexit & Covid has really pulled em out the woodwork..... :cheesy: 

Angleseyite

Quote from: lmj52 on December 19, 2020, 10:02:51 AM
Well it does show the mentality of those that keep harping about a no deal, they still don’t get it.
It'll be the remainers fault, somehow or other, it certainly won't be the responsibility of the "B's" because they are not responsible for anything other than their thumb print (X) on a ballot paper a long time ago and that's it :grin:

MAZ4929

Quote from: lmj52 on December 19, 2020, 08:28:39 AM
Quote from: MAZ4929 on December 18, 2020, 23:00:16 PM
Long tail backs at Calais is nothing new, particularly this time of year, although it has been more of a daily occurrence this last week due to everyone being told to stock up!

Under normal circumstances, a 10-15 mile queue can easily form at Dover or Calais if just one ferry is delayed due to bad weather or mechanical fault. They normally manage to get through these back-logs within a couple of hours.

Normally, but this isn’t normal!
Plus the sandwich check lol. :grin:no ham and cheese sarnies alllowed.

As I said, just pointing out that under normal circumstances there are often 15 mile queues at Dover or Calais.
But as you point out, these are not normal times. We're dealing with a global pandemic and the UK is in the midst of stock piling.
So in retrospect, we are actually doing quite well  :cheesy: :tongue:

QuoteWell it does show the mentality of those that keep harping about a no deal, they still don’t get it.

I only hear remainers harping on about a no deal. Most leavers I talk to know only full well what the consequences of a no deal will bring but just want to be able get on with it. They are fed up with the constant moaning and interference particularly from those for whom Brexit holds no real concern.
Nelson Mandela.

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

First it was lack of Loo's ,  then they ban the Sarnie , what next , no ladies allowed in cabs.??
With 20 mile tailbacks and hours if not days queuing on both sides of the Channel and yet some our transport managers can't wait for a no deal. ??
Their costs will skyrocket  and many will go out of business.
Where is the logic there ??

lmj52

Quote from: MAZ4929 on December 18, 2020, 23:00:16 PM
Long tail backs at Calais is nothing new, particularly this time of year, although it has been more of a daily occurrence this last week due to everyone being told to stock up!

Under normal circumstances, a 10-15 mile queue can easily form at Dover or Calais if just one ferry is delayed due to bad weather or mechanical fault. They normally manage to get through these back-logs within a couple of hours.

Normally, but this isn’t normal!
Plus the sandwich check lol. :grin:no ham and cheese sarnies alllowed.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

lmj52

Quote from: Lynden on December 18, 2020, 21:51:14 PM
Crazy the way business is booming LMJ.....no doubt extra stockpiling orders aren’t helping....but just a thought.....when I did business with retailers they had their Christmas stock in the stores in October...bit late for Christmas toys.

If you look at the news it’s already been stated that many things ordered for Christmas might not turn up until March  :grin:
Don’t shoot the messenger.  :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

MAZ4929

Nelson Mandela.