Scooter mobile mechanic

Started by PrincessJAK, May 27, 2021, 05:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessJAK

Tetley

Quote from: PrincessJAK on May 27, 2021, 10:30:57 AM
Thanks Tets, will get his nibbs to have a tickle at it.

its the standard fault with this modern petrol ....its like chucking builders silicone in yer tank ,good news is its only single carb ,my kwack 600 is a day and a halfs job...nightmare to remove and re fit, hey ho thats modern motors 
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

PrincessJAK

Thanks Tets, will get his nibbs to have a tickle at it.

Tetley

Quote from: PrincessJAK on May 27, 2021, 05:54:56 AM
Morning, I own a little used 2016 Keeyway RY6 50cc scooter, which has developed a float valve issue in the carb with subsequent flooding and leakage.   Seeking a competent local and mobile mechanic to fix the little lady.
Thanks in advance.

suggest
turn the fuel off
run the bike/carb dry
  turn the fuel on again and run the bike ,this may clear it

if not

if there is a drain on the float bowle
remove the drain screw
blow 10 psi comp air through the fuel inlet feed to carb this should clear it.

if not then the needle needs to come out and be cleaned & polished with a bit of solvol auto sol , also who ever strips it make sure they set the float hight correctly with a balance tube otherwise it will under fuel or over fuel .

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

PrincessJAK

Morning, I own a little used 2016 Keeyway RY6 50cc scooter, which has developed a float valve issue in the carb with subsequent flooding and leakage.   Seeking a competent local and mobile mechanic to fix the little lady.
Thanks in advance.