Bar International

Started by Kiki13, September 05, 2021, 09:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

restoration man

Still looks and feels like transport cafe but food as good as ever and value for money.

chas

Quote from: lmj52 on September 06, 2021, 17:10:21 PM
Quote from: chas on September 06, 2021, 16:10:00 PM
one mans meat is another mans poison go yourself and
make you own mind if you dont like it dont go again but dont
slag them on the forum
So you’re encouraging people to “slag them on the forum “  :evil:
dont think so read it all then you will see what i mean or is it only me that makes a mistake

spp

Los Sabores de Miguel, La Casita, El Gnomo Feliz……

lmj52

Not many will have “proper “ table cloths but plenty with a good atmosphere and good food. Try Olula Del Río, Macael  Purchena and places like that.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

byrney

Castilla.  Great food, reasonable prices, but, regrettably not "buzzing" coz it's full of moaning Brits....

Super meal at La Enstancia on the Playa last night.  Well worth the trip.

G and T

Where are the wonderful Spanish restaurants referred to above?

We know of plenty of bars that provide tapas, but do not know of any that provide a really good evening meal with tablecloths, a pleasant, buzzing, atmosphere and no television! Quite a few to choose from in Mojacar, Dulce Vita, Bella Vista etc, but if there are any locally like that, please let us know.

calbous1

Four of us ate there last night no problem with the food or the service will definitely go again.

lmj52

Quote from: chas on September 06, 2021, 16:10:00 PM
make you own mind if you dont like it dont go again but
slag them on the forum
So you’re encouraging people to “slag them on the forum “  :evil:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

chas

make you own mind if you dont like it dont go again but
slag them on the forum

twojaysalmeria

On the other hand, if all we ever post is just the good stuff about places then nobody gets the chance to think about the plus/minus of anywhere and, presuming that whatever the problem is has been raised at the time, there's nothing wrong with commenting on a bad experience. I'm reasonably certain we can all recognise a genuine comment from a whinge by now...

If I was the proprietor of an establishment I'd like to know what people are saying, good and bad; then I could address any problems or even HAVE to address any problems rather than perhaps ignoring complaints as and when they're made (we've all been to those places, right?)

lmj52

It’s difficult to understand the motive sometimes on a forum, personally if I have an issue I deal with the people face to face. Some recommendations for places we disagree with but that’s our personal choice. I know many people who rarely go to a Spanish restaurant or bar, because they only eat British food and/or can’t speak Spanish. Their loss.
There are some wonderful traditional Spanish places that we enjoy.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

packard

I suspect Fred was taking the proverbial. Constructive feedback is always useful but if you get a problem deal directly with it with the establishment and give them the chance to put it right. A winge on this forum can if misplaced cost a business dearly.
Its too easy to be a keyboard warrior.

Eddie

What was the point of that comment Fred up?    If the people had a bad meal, then they had a bad meal, no need for comments about cooking at home. Maybe Bar International needs to look at the comments and make sure this doesn't happen again.

packard

Kiki 13  Did you bring it to their attention?

fredup

Quote from: Kiki13 on September 05, 2021, 09:34:07 AM
Went to steak night Thursday will not be going again.  Resembled a transport cafe and the service was slow although plenty of staff available had to ask twice for wine.  Steak was poor and loads of inedible grissle, could have built a wall with the onion rings so hard...not a pleasant experience won't be repeating. 

O Dear what a negative experience have you thought about cooking at home or perhaps popping over the road for a Chinese, just an Idea .

Regards Fred

Kiki13

Went to steak night Thursday will not be going again.  Resembled a transport cafe and the service was slow although plenty of staff available had to ask twice for wine.  Steak was poor and loads of inedible grissle, could have built a wall with the onion rings so hard...not a pleasant experience won't be repeating.