Happy garden Chinese restaurant

Started by shadeseeker, November 17, 2021, 15:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tandas

try living on the coast where the bars and restaurants just close with no notice not for a day but for weeks and with no notice or indication of when they might reopen either. 

Tetley

I do not use the China ,

but generally when in business and  to me from a self made business started with X all  non CSE Type.

in business if there is a coin to roll you roll it and staff around it ,if there is profit to be made ,the main reason for this is in business nothing lasts forever and coin must be made wile it is there to be made ,

it only takes another enterprise to set up down the road doing the same thing and then it comes down to turn over share and less profit .....wile having to maintain fixed cost payments levels at previous  rates on newly reduced turn over rates  ,ie people are buying less chips but the rents the same....

however if business has a quite day with reduced through put ,due  to  " a natural reduced spending occurrence cycle  " then why not have a day off on the projected quietist day and exercise ones freedoms earned through self employment and entrepreneurial    drive /skill  :wink:

morning mi EU & PRC    Lovelies   :wink:   :smiley:  xx
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

peacie

Sad, but some people like to have a daily dig at someone, or something.  Nothing better to do but I’m sure we wouldn’t mind having a day off and giving us a rest.

Johnny73

What's the big deal, most bars/cafes  even the Azabache Hotel close for a day.
They can run their business as they see fit.
Are 6 days a week not enough  for a Chinese ???

lmj52

Quote from: Val Keith on November 17, 2021, 20:33:34 PM
I too, think that the staff in the Happy Gardens deserve a day off. After working Seven days a week for quite a few years, without a break.  Thank you Linda ,and your staff .

Agreed, they work very hard and Linda is always there. Give them a break, most places close for a day a week
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Val Keith

I too, think that the staff in the Happy Gardens deserve a day off. After working Seven days a week for quite a few years, without a break.  Thank you Linda ,and your staff .

peacie

Obviously you being a non business person, can’t understand that it’s not always about the money and perhaps they just want to have a day off to relax, like normal people do.

byrney

They do not just have ex-pat customers, thankfully. After 8.30 there's loads of Spanish go there.
What I'm saying is that if you have a thriving business, why not try to expand?
Closing one day a week just doesn't make business sense to me.
Just employ more staff.
Or maybe you more savvy business heads don't agree?

Tetley

I bet Alan Suger or Richi Branson would never have dreamed of working 7 days a week ........ :wink:   :laugh:

i think most self business  dice rollers  do work 7 days a week either mentally as well as  physically  my mam was self employed into her late 70,s, ,she recons better to work away than fade away .... :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

peacie

author=byrney

Obviously earning enough from the ex-pat dollar!

I take it then that you have always 7 days a week, and they don’t just have ‘expat’ customers.

Angieh

Surely they deserve a day off one day a week!

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on November 17, 2021, 16:47:47 PM

just the ones byns that dont have a slow cooker ,

the best chinois in murcia be hind the foot ball stadium if yer in murcia shoppins

:afro:

shadeseeker

'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

byrney

Lynne

The notice on their door says they will be closing every Tuesday from 2nd November until February 2022.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

byrney

If you were a successful business and were stuffed out most of the time, wouldn't you just hire a few more staff and make your business even more successful?

Just an observation from a non-business person.

olly

That’s weird.
As the sister restaurant in Mojacar rang me two weeks ago, saying the same thing, but they shut on Tuesday for two weeks and are now open again.
When I asked them they said they needed a rest, as they had been so busy.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

trishtrosh

They are taking Tuesdays off until further notice

shadeseeker

Hi, does the Chinese restaurant  not open on Tuesdays as went last night and all shut up..
Thank you 😀
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)