DUNEDIN

Started by Fatmanstratman, December 31, 2021, 22:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt21

post was deleted because it was duplicated

rt21

I am equally sorry to learn of Dunedin's sad passing.

From reading his posts we went to the same clubs in Hull during the 60's. Alas I never did get to chat with him about our circles of friends and whether we had ever met

RIP

P.S. Could anyone send me a personal message with his full name so that I can try and place him in my memory of the clubs in the 60s

Richard 

shadeseeker

Very sad news indeed.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Lynne

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

lmj52

Aww sad to hear this. RIP
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

RIP Alan and condolence's to his family and friends .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

Very sad news RIP Dunedin

felipe

Sad news. He was a colourful character on the forum and many a debate ensued.

soosoo

😢😢😢😢😢😢

Fatmanstratman

It is my very sad duty to let you know of the passing of my dear friend Dunedin (Alan) yesterday.

I know he was a regular visitor here, particularly with his comments in respect of motor racing, and I know that some of you had met up with him in Spain over the years.

He was the reason for my wife & I buying our beautiful house just outside of Velez Rubio (about 30k from Lorca) nearly 15 years ago. He loved the area, and visited with me as often as he could. Covid put paid to our plans last year, but we were planning to visit in the New Year as soon as circumstances permitted.

He talked about this forum a lot, and really enjoyed spending time here chatting to other members. I note that he had even logged in on the morning of the day on which he passed away.

He had been a friend for around 28 years, and he will be very sadly missed indeed.

So sorry to have to bring such sad news.

Steve