Help with NLV

Started by ChrisnPaula, May 12, 2022, 17:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on May 16, 2022, 09:27:36 AM
It gives the renewal date on the card etc.

well spotted Ang  8)  it also gives the type /term of card issue ie if you are allowed to work  ect.   :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

It gives the renewal date on the card etc.

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on May 15, 2022, 16:55:22 PM
You don't need to renew after one year.
I don't understand this. Is it just yet another Faceache fantasy?

my  non CSE shipyard fitter understanding is.... ::)  8)

the post brexit folks apply for the NLV ,

the NLV is classed as temporary residence permission by the Spanish Government .
(Autorización inicial de residencia temporal no lucrativa )

once applicants have the VISA temporary permission  they have 90 days to apply/ collect there TIE Card

the first TIE is a 1 year electronic dated card ( the EU Cit  green cards and sheets are  also electronically dated and have an Administrative term)

then befor the end of the first year you gather your 55k for a couple savings proof or pension income to the required amounts ,fill your papers in and extend the TIE  to the end of year 3

once the end of year  3 ,same again another application to extend the TIE to the end of year 5

at the end of year 5 you can apply for permanent residence

both the TIE and Spanish national DNI Cards are renewable ,example the spanish Nationals DNI Card is every 10 years the Permanent TIE  for a citizen covered by the withdrawal agreement will either be 5 year or 10 year so for example somebody who got the Residencia in 2019 under the EU System and changed to the TIE in 2020 can apply to renew their card at the 5 year point to perminate TIE ( or possible from 2019 )

somebody who had perminate residence under the green sheet/ card system will have a 10 year perminate TIE and this needs renewing at the end of the 10 year term ,(wich should just be a formality to up date the photo ) .

bottom line is the NVL/ TIE is subject to renewal for at least 5 years so if in yer blowing yer UK home in and up sticking to the EU promised land .....people need to be aware that they are ONLY here by way of Spanish government decided Permisions subject to change by the elected government of the day.

were as as EU Citizen can reside in spain by EU Citizen ship right ( subject to a Spanish/ EU agreed  residency application ie 6k income a year or 9500k for a couple plus home state or private medical cover with little other formality's  )

the other thing is off topic
for an Un married / non civil partnership  couple moving out and buying a home, be aware that if your partner dies you will have little or NO INT Allowance  because the allowances work on Kinship/ line ,so you need to look at this with your legal person ,to save on IHT bills that need paying with 30 days ( once the estates sorted and the online form is filled & accepted ) shipyard fitter solution   ....just get hitched on paper, job done   :wink:

https://www.juntadeandalucia.es/organismos/haciendayfinanciacioneuropea/areas/tributos-juego/tributos/paginas/impuestos-cedidos-sucesiones.html

the above is only a lay guide off the top of my head/ from memory ,  :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

soosoo

NLV one year, reapply for 2 years then repeat for another 2 years. After that hurdle is overcome you are classed as a permanent resident. Need to provide proof of income, health care cover etc for every application as far as I understand it.

Angieh

I think they may be renewing the NLV  not the TIE as the thread heading suggests

Angleseyite

Quote from: byrney on May 15, 2022, 16:55:22 PM

I think "faceache" about says it all Byrns.  :grin:

byrney

Tetley

Judging by the Brexpat FB page the TIE Renewal  after the first year also looks a ball ake ...... :blank:

"We are at the end of year 1 point and I have now 60 days before the 1st anniversary of obtaining my TIE.
I have prepared all the following to present to the immigration office at my Residency renewal appointment (yet to be made)
All in duplicate....
Application form EX-01
Modelo 790 (yet to be paid)
UK form P60
12 months employment pesion pay advice slips (proof of income)
12 months UK bank statements (proof of cash assets)
12 months Spanish bank statements (proof of 12 month unbroken presence in Spanish territory).
Current Empadronamiento Certificate.
Current Adeslas private health insurance certificate (showing start/end date)
Photocopy of full UK passport.
Photocopy of Current TIE card.
3 x recent passport photos (32mm x 22mm) "

byrney

Just confirming what Tets says - the cheapest is not necessarily the best!

You can do no worse than follow Steve's advice!

Tetley

Quote from: ChrisnPaula on May 13, 2022, 16:04:13 PM
Many thanks for all your replies, we love this site and have been reading and learning from you guys. It all seems a little daunting but hopefully we can do our research and due diligence and have a great new chapter in our lives.

We will take a look at the alternatives/suggestions, and see what services they provide, thanks again.

it is not that its ,not do able ,its just that it needs to be done correctly within the time scales ,remember anybody can set up as an advisor on any street corner office ,the bad ones have a horror trail that is already emerging daily here now and the good ones just get on with it and deliver what has been tasked ,also be aware the nett is full of air heads that will repeat any old shxte which can be life changing if people act on the shxte speeled .

ChrisnPaula

Many thanks for all your replies, we love this site and have been reading and learning from you guys. It all seems a little daunting but hopefully we can do our research and due diligence and have a great new chapter in our lives.

We will take a look at the alternatives/suggestions, and see what services they provide, thanks again.
Kind Regards,

ChrisnPaula

lmj52

Quote from: byrney on May 12, 2022, 21:31:32 PM
Ah Tets, you make it sound so simple.

Guess you don't want any more "foreigners" into our little piece of paradise.

Totally correct though, is it not?
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

soosoo

Look for Carly Flitney, ADD services based in Arboleas. She has a Facebook page and a website. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

Angleseyite

Quote from: ChrisnPaula on May 12, 2022, 17:09:25 PM
Hi all, Newbies here, so hope i'm posting on the right page?

Hoping to retire early to Arboleas area 2nd half of next year, doing groundwork at the mo regarding NLV. Got a free telephone call with Chris from UPSTICKS.

Question I have is....has anyone else used him to walk/talk/hold your hand through the process, and if so, was it value for money? Or is it easy enough to do on your own?

Have a  word with CATs in Alfoquia, they are very helpful and knowledgeable...

byrney

Ah Tets, you make it sound so simple.

Guess you don't want any more "foreigners" into our little piece of paradise.

Tetley

Quote from: ChrisnPaula on May 12, 2022, 17:09:25 PM

Hoping to retire early to Arboleas area 2nd half of next year, doing groundwork at the mo regarding NLV. Got a free telephone call with Chris from UPSTICKS.

Question I have is....has anyone else used him to walk/talk/hold your hand through the process, and if so, was it value for money? Or is it easy enough to do on your own?

Bear in mind if up sticks does what it says on the tin ,with lots of happy NLV punters its probably worth the money ,if you do it yourself and miss something your documents only have a life span of 90 days ,after this you will need a set of new documents ,so a simple error could be expensive in both time and money loss

also be aware that you are not fully here until 5 years have passed of residency ie the TIE card needs renewing.

also be aware if you are high net worth the numbers need to be stacked against 90 day roll in roll out or full time rolled in ie private medical costs ,driving licences and 720 asset declarations which can be yearly depending on your worth and investment structures 

if you bob onto FB there is a site for Brits doing the NLV wich may give you some forward guidance.

of the top of my head from memory you will need nett worth / earning proof that comply with current requirements
Apostle,legally translated

marriage cert if applicable

medical certificate

police good conduct certificate

letter from employer stating ceasing of work (nlv )

Spanish medical insurance policy .

also
do not buy anything until the visa is in place unless you are happy to use it as a holiday home ,we have Brits sat in rented UK Accommodation back in the UK with a local spanish home here because they received crap paid for Advice and the visa application was kicked OUT .

ChrisnPaula

Kind Regards,

ChrisnPaula