Monitored Home Security System

Started by OGM, June 13, 2022, 18:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gus-lopez

Quote from: OGM on June 17, 2022, 09:19:56 AMThanks for the thread hijack, much appreciated, :azn:

To anyone seriously looking for a security system, I've gone for the Securitas Direct real time monitored system.

answered in post #1

Quote from: byrney on June 17, 2022, 17:48:35 PMAnd then have to deal with the slime, red dust and mosquitoes?

Doesn't sound sensible to me.

But if that floats your boat then so be it.

black cover. you can leave it on a year & when removed water is clear to the bottom.

Quote from: byrney on June 17, 2022, 19:58:04 PMI hope you're not calling me a liar Gus?

Slander is not a nice place to go.....

delusional more like. as said  anyone whop thinks you can be gassed through an air con unit each part of which is completely independent of the other , or even gassed by someone with a can has problems. even the college of anaesthetists , who train for 7 years to put you to sleep 6 keep you alive state it is ******* .

https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/escape/2018/09/03/anaesthetists-dismiss-tourist-robbery-gassing-myth/

https://www.commercialmotor.com/compliance-news/article/hgv-gas-attacks-are-myth-says-royal-college-anaesthetists

https://academic.oup.com/bja/article/116/4/559/2566185

The only person known categorically to have been gassed & robbed was a Dutch lorry driver in Turkey years ago. He died of the gassing

OGM

Just updating this thread as I've heard a few doubters and haters of Securitas Direct.

I've now had the Securitas Direct system in for about 9 months. Very happy with the service i've had so far. There have been 2 issues that created a "security issue".

First one was me deciding to move the digi display from one room to another, within 30 seconds of me taking it off the wall I got a call from SD asking what was occurring.

Second was tonight. (see my post asking for a good electrician). Power went off yesterday, main breaker had tripped. Decided not to get my mate to come across as we were due to arrive Sunday evening. Came thru the door, reset breaker, 30 seconds later my mobiles ringing. Now personally I think that's great service.

I'm going to get a system on 2 properties back in the UK.

SallyW

Quote from: OGM on June 17, 2022, 09:19:56 AM
Thanks for the thread hijack, much appreciated, :azn:

To anyone seriously looking for a security system, I've gone for the Securitas Direct real time monitored system.

I agree - Securitas Direct

Angleseyite

Quote from: Tetley on June 17, 2022, 19:00:43 PM
Quote from: Angleseyite on June 17, 2022, 18:31:30 PM
Quote from: byrney on June 17, 2022, 17:48:35 PM
And then have to deal with the slime, red dust and mosquitoes?

Ah Bryn's, forgot to mention, mines a salt water enclosed pool. So no debris.   :grin:

dont forget to check yer anodes on boat Ang before yer start buzzing round pool in boat  :shocked:  ,also if yer haven't got a security team over looking pool    8) ,chain the bxgger up after use   :))

it's in the plan Tets, but thanks for the reminder, I don't want holes in the yatch :grin: :grin:

byrney

I hope you're not calling me a liar Gus?

Slander is not a nice place to go.....

gus-lopez

Quote from: byrney on June 15, 2022, 17:13:29 PM

As one of the first "gassings" seventeen years ago I am not complacent and take security seriously, but I do know that most of the low-life builders have now left the area.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:  ReallY ???  I've only ever heard of it via someone's dad's ,brothers, friends, cousin . never an actual believer? . It cannot happen even when the guardia/ gendarmes tell you that is what happened.
Utterly impossible. The only way it can happen is if you die.& you don't appear to be ?

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on June 17, 2022, 18:31:30 PM

Ah Bryn's, forgot to mention, mines a salt water enclosed pool. So no debris.   :grin:

dont forget to check yer anodes on boat Ang before yer start buzzing round pool in boat  :shocked:  ,also if yer haven't got a security team over looking pool    8) ,chain the bxgger up after use   :))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

byrney

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on June 17, 2022, 16:31:28 PM
Just leave the pool it won't come to any harm, turn the pump off, again that's what I do every time ..

thanks Ang  if i had a pool i would turn it off    :laugh:   :wink:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

Just leave the pool it won't come to any harm, turn the pump off, again that's what I do every time ..

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on June 17, 2022, 14:30:05 PM
Or just turn the water off before the meter. That's what I do .

thats the best way Ang if possible and what we do ,few years back we got a black water pipe bust underground,no sign of a leak.....300 plus euro bill and we were living here ,since then ive used a pressure regulator ,but some folks do leave the water on wile away for pool top ups hey ho ,back to the hiab re seal  :afro:

Angleseyite

Or just turn the water off before the meter. That's what I do .

Tetley

Quote from: OGM on June 17, 2022, 13:14:11 PM
Quote from: Tetley on June 17, 2022, 13:03:13 PM

yes were a mixed bunch but most of us have  managed to perfected   failure and life  underachievement over the years living in the Sun , and are helpful in our own way with years of local experience to offer  8) ,I  was 39 when i turned up,self made business entrepreneur  and quite uk sensible ..... :shocked:

thankfully its all behind me now  :laugh:   :wink:

Yes mate, already been warned about you. Won't name, names.

:))

also for anybody leaving a home unattended make sure you have a 3/4 " water pressure regulator fitted on the out side of the meter ,because over pressure plays havoc here busting pipes ,nackering boilers and splitting water filter canisters which can lead to complete un happiness if a home is left to ...leak.

OGM

Quote from: Tetley on June 17, 2022, 13:03:13 PM

yes were a mixed bunch but most of us have  managed to perfected   failure and life  underachievement over the years living in the Sun , and are helpful in our own way with years of local experience to offer  8) ,I  was 39 when i turned up,self made business entrepreneur  and quite uk sensible ..... :shocked:

Yes mate, already been warned about you. Won't name, names.

Tetley

OGM

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on June 16, 2022, 10:16:18 AM
"bryns a firm did 10 holiday homes 40 mins drive from Arbi ....approx 7 weeks ago"

Exactly Steve - 40 minutes away - 40kms.  NOT Arboleas, or surrounding areas.

Crime round here is negligible, if at all, thanks to our local police.

thanks bryns i never really thought of it like that ie plus with  the diesel prices the ,crims/no food folks  wont have the coin to travel with the swag vans anyway .... .. :blank:

byrney

"bryns a firm did 10 holiday homes 40 mins drive from Arbi ....approx 7 weeks ago"

Exactly Steve - 40 minutes away - 40kms.  NOT Arboleas, or surrounding areas.

Crime round here is negligible, if at all, thanks to our local police.

Angleseyite

Quote from: steveconway24 on June 15, 2022, 17:55:38 PM
I witnessed a terrible crime today in Lidl car park  whilst waiting for the wife.
A lady let her trolley bang into someone else's car! Made a dent and scratch, but she was blasé about it and walked off.
Then the owner of the aforementioned car returned to their vehicle.
He was wearing a vest, shorts, mid calf length grey socks and sandals!! Sandals! With socks!
I instantly contacted the guardia, but they haven't the least bit interest in fashion crimes. What is the world coming to?😲
Be ready for this type of wardrobe crime anyone thinking of relocating here. 🤭😏

Now that's scary  :grin: :grin: :grin:

mickandjan

Quote from: steveconway24 on June 15, 2022, 17:55:38 PM
I witnessed a terrible crime today in Lidl car park  whilst waiting for the wife.
A lady let her trolley bang into someone else's car! Made a dent and scratch, but she was blasé about it and walked off.
He was wearing a vest, shorts, mid calf length grey socks and sandals!! Sandals! With socks!
I instantly contacted the guardia, but they haven't the least bit interest in fashion crimes. What is the world coming to?😲

😂😂

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on June 15, 2022, 17:13:29 PM
"generally over the years we have had different" nationality firms "rolling Brit/eu citizens from bar hold up,s to air con gassings to follow home and rob to the general jack the wreckers off the casa and rob

thankfully things locally seem calmer than they were 15 years ago when the streets were rolling in new brit money due to the great cement rush ."

Please stop trying to scare the horses Steve.

As you well know, things (security/crime-wise) are totally different from what they were 15/17 years ago.

I have not heard of any serious crimes for years now - unless I'm reading the wrong websites!

As one of the first "gassings" seventeen years ago I am not complacent and take security seriously, but I do know that most of the low-life builders have now left the area.

So, if you are new to the area, please don't be scared about reports of things that have happened in the past.

bryns a firm did 10 holiday homes 40 mins drive from Arbi ....approx 7 weeks ago ......and as you know very well there is a massive wealth divide in the area ,ie 40 grand motor parked outside the bar with the locals going to food banks around the villages  ,people just need to be aware ,the advice i have given is genuine ,people can either read it and think ...o he is taking the pxss again ,or perhaps just leave the OMIGA Watch in the safe ,,,,the choice is theres ....

steveconway24

JohnPower

byrney

"generally over the years we have had different" nationality firms "rolling Brit/eu citizens from bar hold up,s to air con gassings to follow home and rob to the general jack the wreckers off the casa and rob

thankfully things locally seem calmer than they were 15 years ago when the streets were rolling in new brit money due to the great cement rush ."

Please stop trying to scare the horses Steve.

As you well know, things (security/crime-wise) are totally different from what they were 15/17 years ago.

I have not heard of any serious crimes for years now - unless I'm reading the wrong websites!

So, if you are new to the area, please don't be scared about reports of things that have happened in the past.

Tetley

Quote from: OGM on June 13, 2022, 18:22:15 PM
Does anyone on here have experience of having a monitored alarm system on their property? Thinking external and internal cameras linked to a real time monitoring center who will call the Guardia out.

I'm looking to put a system in and would greatly appreciate input from people who have a system and feel confident to recommend it.

Thanks in advance.

basically if you have a house out in the sticks .... x all will work be time everybody gets there ....assuming anybody's interested

next problem is you may need a survey and permission for any cameras so best ask in your local town hall whats required licence wise if applicable

if you are among other houses,ie an estate you just need a local key holder ie a neighbour , anything on its own out in the sticks  could be problematic alarmed ,camered or otherwise

also keep personal wealth /bling displays to a minimum if applicable were possible ie do not park a top of the range motor on the drive or dine out in gold bling ,Brits often get rolled down the coast that are blinged up ,ie expensive watches ect

generally over the years we have had different" nationality firms "rolling Brit/eu citizens from bar hold up,s to air con gassings to follow home and rob to the general jack the wreckers off the casa and rob

thankfully things locally seem calmer than they were 15 years ago when the streets were rolling in new brit money due to the great cement rush .

https://www.securitasdirect.es/lp/g/seguridad-para-hogar.php?keyword=%2Bseguridad%20%2Bvivienda&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz-zf5Kev-AIVCrh3Ch2VbAXTEAAYASAAEgJmYfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.prosegur.es/esp/alarmahogar/sem?o=google_search_hogar&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz-zf5Kev-AIVCrh3Ch2VbAXTEAAYAiAAEgLoQ_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.grupocontrol.com/sistemas-de-seguridad-para-el-hogar/

OGM

Does anyone on here have experience of having a monitored alarm system on their property? Thinking external and internal cameras linked to a real time monitoring center who will call the Guardia out.

I'm looking to put a system in and would greatly appreciate input from people who have a system and feel confident to recommend it.

Thanks in advance.