Face masks

Started by Roger, January 11, 2024, 18:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tandas

dentist in Parque commercial no masks today brilliant service though broken tooth white filling in ten minutes €60.  In UK sister-in-law is still waiting for an appointment 4 weeks now and expects to pay £100 for white filling.

lmj52

Yes it's different, Valencia and Murcia brought it in first, and Andalucia was to follow.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

byrney

Well, I went to dentist today.  None of staff were wearing masks.

I asked if I needed to wear one and they said it was recommended but not compulsory.

So who knows what the legislation is - even though Gus said it´s compulsory.

But, I think Gus is not in Andalucia so maybe things are different up his end?

gus-lopez

Quote from: lmj52 on January 16, 2024, 09:47:24 AMYes we went to an event locally, everyone was coughing and sneezing. 3 of our friends have since gone down with the same. Neighbours opposite seem to constantly have coughs and colds, they also had Covid 3 times. He is very poorly this time. I think some people are susceptible. I'm classed as high risk but haven't had a cold or cough since 2019. Hopefully the hospitals will not be full of sufferers again, as I'm due further surgery next month.

They have reintroduced masks specifically to prevent staff catching it & having time off work so causing cancellations etc. By all accounts Valencia has a 98% bed occupancy rate at present.

Rod

I had a nasty cough and horrible flem. Left it for a week until my wife insisted I went to the doctor, got antibiotics which cleared it up in 6 days of treatment.

Tetley

most folks ive spoken to have been il over x mass ie covid , respiratory ect ,

personally i think they just bring the masks and sensibility back in for a few weeks ... :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

lmj52

Yes we went to an event locally, everyone was coughing and sneezing. 3 of our friends have since gone down with the same. Neighbours opposite seem to constantly have coughs and colds, they also had Covid 3 times. He is very poorly this time. I think some people are susceptible. I'm classed as high risk but haven't had a cold or cough since 2019. Hopefully the hospitals will not be full of sufferers again, as I'm due further surgery next month.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

jusjac

I know exactly how you feel, just can't get rid of this bloody cough.
There can be only one

tandas

wish I'd worn one when out shopping a week ago picked up the most horrendous cough and runny nose virus somewhere and I had the flu and covid jabs.  Passsed it on to my husband now so he's not best pleased with me.
Oh for some night nurse or better cold remedy medicines here in Spain.  Cough mixture tastes like creosote and doesn't work and halls menthol is the only other thing available unless anyone knows of anything else.

Angieh

Byrney hopefully it won't be for too long. Keep well

byrney

Well I, for one, do find it onerous.

Hate the damned things.  But, of course, I will comply with the legislation.

Angieh

And your point is ? Wear it as required or bear the consequences, it's not onerous is it .

Sueandandyb

We went to pharmacy on main Rd in hurcual overa yesterday and nobody not even the staff was wearing one

tandas

of course I know that but it reads that you wear it all the time

byrney

Thanks for the info Gus.

I have to go on Tuesday, so glad I asked.

gus-lopez

Quote from: tandas on January 13, 2024, 08:41:55 AMfail to see how the dentist can treat you if you are wearing a mask?
The farmacia in Mojacar are wearing them but in Garrucha they are not.

I take it you've not been to the dentist during covid then?
You wear a mask until in the chair ,take it off for treatment & put it back on when finished.

tandas

fail to see how the dentist can treat you if you are wearing a mask?
The farmacia in Mojacar are wearing them but in Garrucha they are not.

gus-lopez

Quote from: byrney on January 12, 2024, 10:34:42 AMAre masks also required in the dentists?

Yes.Translation here.

Obligation of masks: The continuous use of masks by all those present in dental clinics is required, covering staff and patients alike, with the exception of persons under 6 years of age and those who need verbal and/or gestural interaction

Obligación de mascarillas: Se exige el uso continuo de mascarillas por parte de todos los presentes en las clínicas dentales, abarcando a personal y pacientes por igual, con excepción de las personas menores de 6 años de edad y quienes necesiten de una interacción verbal y/o gestual que sea

Never stopped in dentists up here.

byrney

Are masks also required in the dentists?

Roger

Now compulsory in health centres and hospitals.

Big increase in 3 versions of respiratory infections.