up in flames!

Started by tanfield, January 16, 2024, 14:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmj52

It increases the ph of acidic soil. I understand about the alkaline, but it has worked wonders. I keep it away from potatoes, broccoli, aubergine and courgettes though.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Elgin

LMJ52, it's not that good for citrus trees. Wood ash is alkali and citrus tress need acid soil. 

lmj52

We put our ashes on the garden and around the olive tree and citrus trees. Good for the soil.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

byrney

OMG, OGM, some people might think you are being serious.  Please be careful what you post, coz there´s some nutters out there who will believe you!  :cheesy:  :cheesy:

OGM

I wrap my hot ashes in petrol soaked newspaper before putting them in the bin, how's that for some thinking for myself.

Val Keith

Why cant people think for them selfs . We have a log burner. And my husband puts them in an old large Spanish stew pot with al lid ,in our garden. Then when they are cold, he transfers them into a plastic bag . Then puts them in the bin. Easy!!

tanfield

another basura bin on fire this morning,the 2nd in a week, i assume it's people emptying still hot embers from their log burners rather than any vandals?