Water Restrictions

Started by SallyW, March 18, 2024, 14:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tandas

no restrictions here in Mojacar yet they are watering the golf course and football pitch with gay abandon.

tonychris

I have been reading these posts and it seems the restrictions cover a very large area,ie Malaga, Lorca etc. However we know people in Mojacar who are saying they do not have a restriction. Can anyone clarify this.

gus-lopez

The embalse de Puentes above Lorca has more water in it than I have ever seen & the official stats state that it is only 50% full. That's because it is still filling from when it was built. ::)

Tetley

its probably cheaper just to do the visa  lol than it is to buy uk domestic water   :wink:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

OGM

I've heard the UK is negotiating a deal to swap water for visa's. Don't know how true it is.

Tetley

just got my water bill....

14e. 38c

for 2 months ..... 8)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

steveconway24

Quote from: Roger on March 25, 2024, 16:06:53 PMIt has been reported that average daily water use by tourists is 350 litres per day.
Typical average use by residents is around 150 litres per day.

A 10 minute power shower uses 150 litres according to press reports.

Where did that come from?😅 What about residents that go on holiday, say to the coast? Do we suddenly use more water? Are tourists dirtier than us? Daft figure.

Talking of power showers, I did see in a house where someone had bought an 11kw power shower for their ensuite and just plugged it into the wall socket near their basin. They were concerned about the burning smell.🤣

Tetley

so this could in effect Rog ,be the first Brexit bonus ..... ::)

ie restricting the amount of Brits tourists  there by saving 200 litres per day per person  :shocked:

must dash i need to get my throws off the line again .....before its starts raining again 

:smiley:

Roger

It has been reported that average daily water use by tourists is 350 litres per day.
Typical average use by residents is around 150 litres per day.

A 10 minute power shower uses 150 litres according to press reports.

gus-lopez

Quote from: Roger on March 23, 2024, 15:42:12 PMBig issue in Malaga.
Hotels are allowed to fill pools and water gardens.
But holiday complexes can't.
Pool workers and gardeners out of work.

big issue in Cataluña also. Banned completely for everyone & even when the hotels were going to a buy a multi million euro portable desalination plant the gov . told them it was still illegal to fill & use for anything

Tetley

well that looks like another local crisis sorted..... ::)    :shocked:

it rained  :afro:

only down side now .....we have another  Arboleas crisis  :shocked:  

....... jam jar shortage  8)

morning all  :afro: x

Johnny73

The earlier post said 170 euro for 18000 litres delivered so when pools drop well down it could be shared with the neighbours .
Don't suppose the local Policia care and Galasa won't know.
Just a thought.

SallyW

I wouldn't have thought that a tanker would come to 'top up' a pool, ie maybe half a dozen tiles of water.  Has anyone tried this?

Johnny73

Anyone ( perhaps Roger ) might know if it's allowed to top pool up from a water tanker or is topping up just banned from any source.??

steveconway24

It's around 170€ for 18000 litres of water delivered.
Details via pm if anyone needs this.

Roger

Big issue in Malaga.
Hotels are allowed to fill pools and water gardens.
But holiday complexes can't.
Pool workers and gardeners out of work.

Johnny73

Way more advanced in Arboleas Gus.
About 10 years ago Mike came round and marked out the section of the road where the new pies from our house to the mains pipe will go.
I have touched  it up every year since and the TH assure us that it will all be done by Easter.
That's progress for you .
PS. They say however that they have to prioritise the processions and the celebrations  and their
lunch  for Easter which might delay things slightly.
Can't wait. 😅😅🚧🚧🤞

gus-lopez

Quote from: felipe on March 21, 2024, 12:53:54 PM
Quote from: JohnPower on March 21, 2024, 11:20:40 AMI think Felipe is paying sewerage charges, whereas Angieh and Ianandsue still have pothos.
I still have a pozo. But others near me are on mains sewage. Pipes never got laid to 7 houses near me.

so you are paying for treatin waste that you did not generate , according to that bill
Quote from: Roger on March 21, 2024, 13:09:05 PMPozo negros are illegal.
So everyone pays for sewage treatment irrespective whether or not you are on mains sewage, because you should be!!!!

Yet another Spanish 🤡🤡🤡🤡
Up here it is all pozos even newly built houses? We have no mains sewage even the Parque Almenara does not have any mains sewerage?

Quote from: Angleseyite on March 21, 2024, 20:01:41 PM
Quote from: Penhallow on March 21, 2024, 19:24:02 PM
So everyone pays for sewage treatment irrespective whether or not you are on mains sewage, because you should be!!!!

Yet another Spanish 🤡🤡🤡🤡
There are plenty still around !! And will always be !!

There are, I have one and never had any problems with it, and no one has mentioned replacing it with a septic tank etc.

here in Lorca if you have one & it needs replacing you can legally fit a new one.

JuanC

Quote from: Johnny73 on March 20, 2024, 12:36:35 PMThey got rid of Brits office as they are not interested in expats problems it seems.  Just my view.
To be fair they were seeing expats call to the town hall who have been in Spain for 20 years + who still have no Spanish.
Antonio is always very helpful but he is now overrun with queries so harder to get to see him.
So now it's make an Appointment  and bring an interpreter.
Do they still provide free Spanish classes ???

They continue giving Spanish classes yes! But they have gone from having more than 100 students last year to having less than 10.

Of course, now the teacher is number 3 on the UCIN electoral list, what a coincidence! and she has the same salary with 10 students that the previous teacher had with 100.

How lucky are the friends of the current government team.

Tetley

looks like another worry Ang & Pens  on the horizon  ....thinks il just open another can ,and watch Poldark on dodgy box  :wink:

anyway glass half full, interest rates on hold @5.25 % £ @ 1.17 and were all still here ,whats not to like.... :))

Angleseyite

Quote from: Penhallow on March 21, 2024, 19:24:02 PM

Yet another Spanish 🤡🤡🤡🤡

There are, I have one and never had any problems with it, and no one has mentioned replacing it with a septic tank etc.

Penhallow

Yet another Spanish 🤡🤡🤡🤡

ianandsue

Quote from: felipe on March 21, 2024, 12:53:54 PM
Quote from: JohnPower on March 21, 2024, 11:20:40 AMI think Felipe is paying sewerage charges, whereas Angieh and Ianandsue still have pothos.
I still have a pozo. But others near me are on mains sewage. Pipes never got laid to 7 houses near me.
Felipe, You have an extra 2 sections of charges compared to our bill, Saneamiento and Depuracion. We are not on mains sewerage and cannot be connected although some areas in Los Huevanillas have been. Therefore we have a legal 2 chamber septic tank (not a pozo negro).
All your other charges are the same rate as ours.

Roger

Pozo negros are illegal.

Yet another Spanish 🤡🤡🤡🤡

felipe

Angieh

I am on main sewers , some of the properties in Huevanillas were connected a couple of years ago. So the mystery goes on .

JohnPower

I think Felipe is paying sewerage charges, whereas Angieh and Ianandsue still have pothos.

Angieh

It could be the difference in price for desalinated water that you have. We have the rubbish stuff. On my bill we only have the .74c charge, no additions.
Just a thought

felipe

Quote from: ianandsue on March 20, 2024, 14:21:00 PM
Quote from: felipe on March 20, 2024, 13:47:29 PMI just had my water bill 22€. Used 5cube in 2 months. 2people plus grand kids 2 or 3 times a week for a few hours. Not touched the pool as no point if not swimming in it. Saw a local in Limaria has backwashed their pool last night. Why bother?
5 cube is about average for us through the winter. 8 to 9 in summer with pool usage.
Would love to know how 200lts per person was derived.
Felipe,you need to get your bill checked, we used 10m3 and our bill for 2 months was 21.51 euros so your bill for 5m3 was effectively double the cost of ours....
This my bill info. Not sure why yours should be lower for more use. Weird.

lmj52

Some interesting comments here. Tetley, the calcium in bottled water is a weird one. After cancer, I had my thyroid and parathyroid removed. This means my body doesn't produce calcium. However, tests showed my calcium levels were high. I had kidney stones in my left kidney, apparently caused by calcium, kidney cancer in my right kidney. Who knows?
As many do, we save a lot of our water, filling bottles when waiting for the temperature to be hot for our shower, even saving the water from the shower, so we can use for our garden.
On Facebook, there was a post that someone had been fined in Arboleas for cleaning their walls because of the dust, using a power washer. Oh dear. Apparently the same guy caught washing his car a couple of years ago.
All good fun.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

gus-lopez

Quote from: ianandsue on March 20, 2024, 14:12:34 PMI will be contacting the Town Hall again and ask them AGAIN when we are likely to have drinkable water in our villages higher up the Arroyo.

The hojas would be better.

200 litres PP per day has been the normal since God was a boy. always what was used in the UK.

Tetley

Area 58 Arboleas down town metropolis is now over cast .....looks like we could be getting rain .....

stay tuned for  further up dates to follow, direct from the Area 58 bunker .

8)  nanu nanu  x

ianandsue

Quote from: felipe on March 20, 2024, 13:47:29 PMI just had my water bill 22€. Used 5cube in 2 months. 2people plus grand kids 2 or 3 times a week for a few hours. Not touched the pool as no point if not swimming in it. Saw a local in Limaria has backwashed their pool last night. Why bother?
5 cube is about average for us through the winter. 8 to 9 in summer with pool usage.
Would love to know how 200lts per person was derived.
Felipe,you need to get your bill checked, we used 10m3 and our bill for 2 months was 21.51 euros so your bill for 5m3 was effectively double the cost of ours....

ADVANCE Digital