Olive oil crisis .....

Started by Tetley, March 19, 2024, 08:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindygirl

I wish we had planted olive trees in our garden 20 years ago instead of fruit trees :cheesy:

gus-lopez

Quote from: Tetley on March 22, 2024, 10:34:53 AMone thing bryns i cannot see the locals wanting to go from 9e a litre this year back to 4e a litre

one year I paid 1,90€/litre for 4 x 5litre bottles at the mill. 38€ for 20 litres.They want 47,50€ for one bottle today :shocked:

Tetley

one thing bryns i cannot see the locals wanting to go from 9e a litre this year back to 4e a litre

our oil should be re marketed as a delicacy and priced accordingly ,say 25e a litre  :shocked: 

think il order some green wellies  if my EU farming  grant comes through  :))  

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

This is Tets folks! Ever the dealer.
He's bulling up the olive "crisis" so the rate of his olives will go sky high.
Don't trust these farmers.
 ::)

gus-lopez

Quote from: Tetley on March 19, 2024, 08:02:06 AMthey could have just put ,

there was no rain

and know body is interested in picking them and working for nothing .....anymore    :afro:

Money blog: The story of olive oil's 110% price rise - and what to look for in the supermarket | UK News | Sky News
Yes it was posted on another forum I use & I basically said that.

Tetley

they could have just put ,

there was no rain

and know body is interested in picking them and working for nothing .....anymore    :afro:

Money blog: The story of olive oil's 110% price rise - and what to look for in the supermarket | UK News | Sky News
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol