Los Torres meeting

Started by Roger, March 21, 2024, 13:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

There is also the problem with the tax embargo which we assume will prevent approval of the parcelisation project.
They assumed that the escrow account would pay this.
When they were told that it is a matter for Promar, who had not been invited, they had no answer.

Roger

The meeting was a farce.
People were there who had been called in by the police the day before.
Some were not land owners or property owners, so not affected.
Most of the meeting in Spanish with no proper translation.
Of the Promar properties there are 19 property owners. 5 were present.
Most of the rest had not been informed.

Roger

No report back about Los carrascos.
Not surprised because we never get any information about anything.
No report to the Los requenas residents about their project, waiting years.

No idea how they will contact all the land owners in Los Torres
They said they have contact.
I know they don't.

DLMcN

Quote from: Maura on April 04, 2024, 14:22:20 PMINNOVACION 14
...... >
- If you own property in the area of Los Torres affected by Inovacion 14, the town hall wants to know if you a) want to proceed to execute the urbanization plan or b) pause the urbanization plan and let the next town hall administration decide if they want to reactive it again. Get in touch with them to express your views. Not sure how but Im sure they will provide some mechanism.

- If 51% of those affected are in agreement the town hall will continue to work on the plan, otherwise they will kick the can down the road for the next administration.
......>

Quote from: Roger on January 21, 2024, 14:35:24 PMLOS REQUENAS PARCELISATION MEETING
....>

We know that the Town hall is currently in process of preparing the Parcelisation for Los Carrascos, with no doubt others to follow.
They have promised to make available the draft copy when it is prepared.
The rumour is that the Town Hall will only continue if 51% of the residents agree.
But this has not been officially confirmed.

>>
Some months ago, a similar referendum-process was organised for Los Carrascos - [also] to see whether a majority of residents there, wanted to accept and implement Innovation 14 in their area...

Does anybody know - What was the result of the Los Carrascos survey?

Maura

I took a trip down memory lane at the request of a friend and attended the meeting which took place at 12.00 in the town hall. My observations (before I left at 13.00 for another appointment) are as follows:

INNOVACION 14

- If you own property in the area of Los Torres affected by Inovacion 14, the town hall wants to know if you a) want to proceed to execute the urbanization plan or b) pause the urbanization plan and let the next town hall administration decide if they want to reactive it again. Get in touch with them to express your views. Not sure how but Im sure they will provide some mechanism.

- If 51% of those affected are in agreement the town hall will continue to work on the plan, otherwise they will kick the can down the road for the next administration.

- The published cost estimates for the plan are around 245,000 euros. According to the law and the town hall urbanisation costs must be borne by those who benefit. Thus, this amount divided by the 35 homes affected means that each household gets a bill of 7.000 euros apx. Pepa from the town hall stated that these costs could be less in the long run but the opposite could be true also. Its an ESTIMATED cost.

- So, it up to you, vote to continue or vote to kick the can down the road.

That was about the summary of the meeting, although it took rather longer than that to get to the point :)  The topic of AFOs was raised and some statements were made. Here are the facts about AFOs as I know them. And I do know the facts given that I was heavily involved in the development of this legislation, as some long term residents may recall.

AFOS
Meanwhile whilst Innovacion 14 proceeds at its pace, you have an alternative available to you if you wish to register your title to your property and land at the land registry so that you have something to sell for a decent price or leave to your heirs, you can get an AFO. The town hall has stated that they are issuing them as quickly as they can to those that request them.

Based on personal experience I can say that AFOs can, and have been used, by home owners to shift embargos off their particular property. The embargo remains on the land, and anything on it, still in the promotors name

What an AFO does not do
- It will not make Innovacion 14 go away. Those costs could come your way at a later date, whenever that may be.
- You cannot get planning permission to extend your property at the moment and you will still not get planning permission to extend your property with an AFO but you will get permission to maintain it and repair it.
- House insurance is a red herring. If your house burns down now, you may not get permission to rebuild it, regardless of having or not having an AFO. Just get a policy that pays out without the precondition of rebuilding.

The consequences of having an unregistered house
- Your property is affected by Embargos for the debts of others because the land on which your property sits is in someone elseĀ“s name. This is already a reality in Los Torres.
- The bank sells the debt to a vulture fund who are likely to be more proactive in recovering monies owed. 
- Difficulties selling because you have no legal proof of title to the house you live in.
- You die and your heirs have to establish their title.

You can PM me if you want to discuss your particular situation.

SanJuan

Not been contacted so far.

Roger

How so far have they informed people?

They contacted the medical centre to obtain the phone number of people's registered medical translator.
Thus a garbled message from the translator to the residents to go to the town hall today.
This was to sign for a formal information about the meeting, very technical and in Spanish.

What about the non residents and others who are land owners, as everyone in promar houses in Los Torres are and should be informed?

Roger

The town hall has called a meeting for innovation 14 houses.
4th April in the town hall at 12 noon.

They are obviously planning to restart the planning process and charge the residents thousands in taxes which the builders didn't pay, and which at the time the town hall watched while the houses were being built without licenses.

Turn up with your lawyer because you will be told that your house isn't legal when it is by antiquity.
And since they don't have contacts for all the land owners since they haven't asked me for the information it seems to me that the meeting will be a bit dodgy.

I look forward to giving them the facts, along with two experienced lawyers.

🤡🤡🤡🤡